1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Age Of Sigmar - Lizards namedropped

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Jun 3, 2015.

1. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Came back from the Workshop and no info at all. Nothing new, I might as well do a type of hibernation in painting models endlessly and draw until nearer the time where stuff might get leaked out.
    The manager agreed with me about Cold One's get a re-pose for a wishlist for 9th. That's one of my most wanted wish, of course a 9th edition Lizardmen book too, another is the Horned One Riders to make a return.

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

From Darnok on warseer:

AoS is "the thing", no multiple systems. Box set release, followed by the book shortly afterwards.

There will be "get you by"-lists for all existing factions, possibly digital only. These will be replaced by new books as fast as possible

3. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

And this goes against things posted earlier this week that we should forget about army books o_O

Mr Phat likes this.
  4. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah sure does sound contradicting, however, we don't know how the new factions will be. Maybe it's a "good guy Greg" faction and "chaos" faction. You know, factions made up from multiple of the previous armies.

I do hope, however, that we'll be seeing proper army books :p

5. Quinras
    Cold One

Quinras Member

+1

Maybe it's me, but i sometimes feel like other armies can do what we do, but then better or cheaper...

6. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

I for one am a gigantic fan of the "Single book" idea.

- Now I don't have to borrow books from my friends...or "borrow from the internet" ...to know what they can field.
    - I don't have to search for new books if I want to have a flirt with another army, for a proxy game.
    - Games Workshop will have a WAY easier time balancing things across armies, as I imagine someone will go over the book as whole before release.
    - All armies will be updated simultaneously, meaning no more "oh too bad, these guys will be broken for the next 4 years"...at least not to the same extent.

or the opposite..
    I imagine that somewhere in a book there is already killer rules for the Troglodon, just waiting.

I seriously hope that the Army books will be left behind, or turn into pure fluff pieces.

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Let me stop you right there, GW will give zero fvcks about rules :rolleyes::spiderman:

8. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Spartan Games (another British wargames company) has done this to an extent. Spartan made digital copies free of charge...

9. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

So say you.
    They might be doing poorly, but that not proof for them no caring at all.

As far as I know most writers play the game themselves, so they care.
    That GW has poor testing is something else entirely: bad development management.

Not to lash out on you ore anything, but I would like to see any of those little _ _ _ _ _ who keep nagging on GW (mainly warseer) do close to better.
    Its a big organisation, not 5 guys at a table with "super awesome ideas".
    its not something you just do!
    While I think they could do things way better, I also know that there are variables that I DONT know of, and therefor my perspective is useless.

I have faith in that GW is trying to make the best product THEY can, and like my friend said
    "They have never truly made a BAD game."

Again: know this wasn't aimed at you Taco, it was just your comment that gave me an entrance to talk about something I needed of my chest ^^

Slanputin likes this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Wow, these rumours are all over the place. So AoS is 9th edition? I kept hearing that AoS is an offshoot and 9th would come in the fall. Crazy times.
    Agreed, its so hard to make sense of it at the moment. Come on GW, throw us a bone.
    I like the army books, but I definitely see the benefits in the points you made. You're right that it is difficult to track down all the army books for the armies that your opponents play. Although at one point I heard a rumour that new models will be released with rules directly inside the box. If true (and that is a big IF), that might be even more of a nightmare than hunting down individual army books.
    In my opinion, the thing that shows GW lack of interest in rules/gaming is their reluctance to provide more frequent FAQs. It would cost them very little time, effort, money or manpower but seem not care at all. I fully understand that mistakes happen, even with the best intentions (especially with players deliberately trying to rules-lawyer advantages)... but GW please support the game you've create (and we've invested so much money in).

miturian likes this.
  11. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

and time!!!!

You dont wanna know how many dates with hot chicks I had to refuse, because I had to paint "nerdstuff" ;)

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
    Qupakoco and Mr Phat like this.
  12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

THUG LIFE!

Slanputin and Mr Phat like this.
  13. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Once my girlfriend asked if I wanted to do something that night, and I couldn't make the time because I had to finish painting for a tournament the following weekend.

At the time I told her that I had to finish I was painting the claws of my Templeguards.
    Then it hit me:

I had just said no to dinner and whatelse so I could give my plastic lizards a manicure.

I felt the hobby-shame and put down the pencil :p

Slanputin, NIGHTBRINGER and borkbork like this.
  14. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

My point exactly! There are so many contradicting rumours that people swear on their souls are true.

15. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

It's really easy. Sex vs dolls. :D

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Make of it what you will...
    capture2.JPG

17. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Yeah let's just hold our dino horses and don't panic quite yet. Multiple contradictionary rumours. So far it's been quite clear that we can still use our current armies and now we can't? I think it's best to just wait xD

18. Bainbow
    Bastiladon

Bainbow Well-Known Member

Even if 8th is dead, I don't much care. 1st through 7th are already dead and I see no reason why 8th is worth treating different.

Slanputin and borkbork like this.
  19. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

But it would highly depend on how we can use our current collection. I mean if EVERYTHING is suddenly not usable in this new game they effective key gave us the finger. Imagine all those who bought all The End Time books along with miniatures and now not even s year later they're gone and done xD

borkbork likes this.
  20. borkbork
    Ripperdactil

borkbork Active Member

yeah, that with a "new version" the "old version" is dead should come as no surprise indeed.

that is exactly why i usually never bother with campaigns style books and similar additions.

The use-life of miniatures is usually a lot longer than all those books, And apparently many people dont bother too much with it as things like storm of magic, end times did not catch on everywhere.....far from it.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.