1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Age of Sigmar Rumours - Mk II. (Our new name)

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

If there's any kind of balance I'm on board, but I refuse to play against players who'll derp around. Also there appear to only two formations with a set amount of units. Oh and every unit needs to take a minimum of models, nothing about maximum.

2. StinkySkinky
    Saurus

StinkySkinky Active Member

Abilities Impervious Defence: When you make save rolls for a Bastiladon, ignore the attacker’s Rend characteristic. In addition, roll a dice whenever it suffers a mortal wound. On a result of 4 or higher, the wound is ignored. I really like how the bessy can ignore rend

3. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Last spam: 30 pages for VC and LM. That's a lot. Why only 4 pages for rules. Makes no sense?!? Also seraphon is some kind of order we're part of? Besides we have a deamon keyword so.. Yeah xD

4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Well, we seem to be able to summon a lot of units and everything has changed. Still, can't really comment, as it all does not compare to anything.

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Saurus sounds like utter beasts! Unit or 30 saurus in the saurus host formation? Boom 4 attacks hitting at +1. Guards have 4 attacks as well. Mind that our previous two attacks have been split into a jaw/shield attack and regular attacks. Guards have 2 regular attacks and 1 bite. Formation gives an additional bite attack.

Old predatory fighter rule have been changed into a hero ability (scar vet roar). Still the same rule.

Carnosaur have a dot in the jaw attack and movement. Hmm..

6. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

7. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

There's a scenery compendium so maybe we'll get one for balance? XD

8. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Eubrontes likes this.
  9. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't the keywords be described somewhere? So far I see nothing and they're certainly not in the 4 pages nor in the compendium for each armies. Did I misunderstand their purpose?

**edit**

Reading is useful. Keywords just describe categories. So for instance "all units with keyword x may reroll y". I suppose this is where you want your army to consists of one type.

10. ASSASSIN_NR_1
    Carnasaur

ASSASSIN_NR_1 Well-Known Member

So Grymloq just got back, guess Nagash wasn't so bad?

Seems like ripperdactyles just got overly powerful (by looking at it, without knowing anything really). If there is a blot toad they have 6 attacks, and the potential of infinite attacks.

n810 likes this.
  11. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

DAT TROGLODON THO

Holy spitballs - 12 wounds, 10-13 attacks every round, a constantly useful primeval roar, extra charge length and dispels?

I don't know how useful this'll be in practice but DANG does that look like a wild upgrade at first blush.

...also WTF is up with all our monsters being Daemons and Celestial at the same time? Fluff-writers got some 'splainin to do.

EDIT: Not to mention the ginormous size of the model from tongue-to-tail giving it an enormous charge radius.

Slanputin and n810 like this.
  12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Swarms seem better. They regenerate if near terrain?

Edit: Speaking of terrain I am not yet seeing any rules for plain, ordinary, terrain features, such as:
    • hills
    • rocks
    • ponds
    • streams
    • ordinary trees
    • and other stuff I did not think of
    Found a scenery compendium but the only ordinary things it includes are walls and barricades.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  13. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

pendrake likes this.
  14. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

I'm still kinda miffed about the lack of a built-in (or even suggested! sheesh!) balancing system, but there are a lot of little nuggets in these warscrolls that make me laugh. I'm glad to see someone at GW has some kind of sense of humor. In addition to the Grail Knights rule noted earlier, this one is brilliant:

One Bat Short of a Belfry: Konrad is a violent lunatic, and his temper does little to help his stretched sanity. If, during your hero phase, you talk to Konrad von Carstein, you can re-roll all hit rolls of 1 for him until your next hero phase. If Konrad von Carstein talks back to you, re-roll all failed hit rolls instead.

Eubrontes and Gogery like this.
  15. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

(Also, I'm keeping a spark of hope alive that if/when pre-orders go live sometime tmrw (on the 4th), there'll be some way to balance things buried in there.)

EDIT: Welp, looking at the NZ version of the webstore, it doesn't look like there is. Gosh darn it :mad:

16. Gogery
    Saurus

Gogery Member

All this summoning business confuses me. Are we summoning units already on the field, like teleporting them? Or are we summoning new units onto the field? The way you can do it with heroes makes me think it's teleportation, but not too sure.

Also, lack of rules restricting shooting into/out of/while in melee is odd. And how does picking units even work? :confused: Do you just grab whatever you want :shifty:...?

Couldn't find anything on what non-"mysterious" terrain does either.

17. Iskander
    Chameleon Skink

Iskander Active Member

This part is being hashed out all 'round the interwebs, in varying degrees of civility. It sounds like yes you can, but that's utterly absurd, so the community (or at least, individual pairs of players) will have to hash out their own house-rules. On the one hand, I can see this being spun as offering the players unprecedented freedom to craft their own communal playstyles. But, more realistically, on the macro level it will shatter the community into a thousand splinter groups that can't/won't play together, and on the micro level it will provoke lots of distracting arguments between friends.

IMHO: It's quite unfortunate. Aside from this colossal problem, I see lots of promise in this new rule-set.

NIGHTBRINGER and Gogery like this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

BINGO! I couldn't agree more!

Iskander likes this.
  19. Varnak
    Jungle Swarm

Varnak New Member

"Time crawls to a halt around your army. After this turn, you can immediately take another. If you roll this result a second time in the same turn, you count as having rolled 14-17 instead."

ugh...WUT

20. Eubrontes
    Skink

Eubrontes New Member

It seems to be summoning new units
    Think of it like so, You bring your units and their corresponding warscrolls, During setup you place down the warscrolls for the battle think of it as your list. You can deploy as many of these units as you like. Those you do not deploy are in your reserves. Because you have the warscroll as part of your "List" your Slann now knows that spell and can summon the unit from your reserves during the battle.

Gogery likes this.