1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antisense's Celestial Daemons

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Antisense, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

Howdy all, I'm back! And with a new project: the models that first drew me into a Games Workshop back a decade ago, the Seraphon! (well, Lizardmen, back then!)

In thinking (read: agonizing) about the color scheme, I decided I wanted green skin. Now green and gold looks nice, but I'm kinda partial to green and light blue. With that idea, I leaned into the new identity of Seraphon as celestial daemons conjured by the magical might of the Slann, and decided to replace all the gold with magical looking bright blue steel. The color wheel then pointed out Violet and Orange as other colors that could resonate well, in what's going to be a colorful scheme for my menagerie of dinos! I want to show more about my color theory process in the future, but for now, here are a few pics from my nascent progress!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. ThePhilosopherX
    Saurus

ThePhilosopherX Active Member

Nice models! I like the blends in those feathers, they look really clean. Keep up the good work!

Lizerd likes this.
  3. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Looking good!

Lizerd likes this.
  4. childishknight
    Chameleon Skink

childishknight Well-Known Member

I love the guy with the orange shield! You really nailed all of the colors! Those bad boys with pop very nicely on a table

Lizerd likes this.
  5. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

Thanks guys, hopefully more to come! I do like how the bright orange is playing next to the bright green, perhaps I'll make the other shields orange too... We'll see!

Carnikang and Lizerd like this.
  6. childishknight
    Chameleon Skink

childishknight Well-Known Member

I would recommend painting them all orange and playing with some cool warpaint designs to spice things up

7. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

Awesome looking models!

Carnikang likes this.
  8. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I like your saurus cav model with the spear; really beautifully painted. I like the detail on his shield.