1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS AoS beginner list building advice

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Lord Crow, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Lord Crow
    Jungle Swarm

Lord Crow New Member

Hello, all you beautiful lizard enthusiasts!

Long time listener, first-time caller.

I've been playing Warhammer 40k for a couple of years now and only recently made the plunge into Age of Sigmar along with my local gaming group after I couldn't resist these scaly bastards anymore.

So far my roster is quite limited from what I can gather, 2 start collecting boxes with some converted heroes and skinks, and I am not really sure how to run things at this very moment.
    I've spent some time reading through general advice threats around here but I'm still unsure what is actually good to run and what is absolute garbage tier.

Models so far!

1 x Oldblood/Scar-Vet on Carnosaur (Magnetized)
    1 x Scar-Vet on Carnosaur
    1 x Scar-Vet on Cold One
    1 x Eternity Warden
    1 x Oldblood
    1 x Sunblood
    1 x Astrolith Bearer
    1 x Skink Priest
    1 x Skink Starpriest
    1 x Skink Chief
    1 x Slann/Skink Starmaster (kitbashed alternatives)
    20 x Warriors/Guard (made to suit either role)
    15 x Knights
    40 x Skinks with blowgun/shield
    5 x Chameleon Skinks
    2 x Troglodons

From this, I can run the Eternal and Firelance Starhosts which I've gathered are pretty good but having not spent a lot of time in AoS yet I'm unsure what the climate and environment is like and what is needed out of an army.

Any advise of how to get started with building and such would be highly appreciated!

2. dinoSTARZ
    Cold One

dinoSTARZ Active Member

Nothing is garbage tier. You have a nice amount of units! It appears to me, after playing a fair amount, that bastilidon is a top dog for his points so that would be the next place I go.

3. Lord Crow
    Jungle Swarm

Lord Crow New Member

Thanks for the reply dinoSTARZ! I've been looking at those big ol laser boys and thinking of picking one or two up, so I'm glad to hear they are worth it.

Coming from 40k I've unfortunately run into the trap of buying things that look or sound cool/good only to find that it's not worth the points and putting it on the table only really disadvantages you, so I am wanting to walk into this a liiiittle more carefully to avoid any possible pitfalls.

4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome!
    That's a good start, you just lack some mass units and maybe a Stegadon and a Bastiladon to have everything open tactically.

5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Welcome aboard,

You will never use 2 Troglodons, as @dinoSTARZ has already stated a Basilidon would be your next purchase you could also look at a Stegadon and some Rippers or Razordons.

Your very light on core troops but hold off buying until you discover what you like to play, Skinks are fast and annoying but don't do much damage, Warriors need to be in big groups so they can be hard to position, Guards are hard as nails but MW will wreck them (same with anything)