1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Articles to print in 3D - Lizardmen / Seraphon

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Ge32, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Paverko
    Skink

Paverko Member

Sure, I work slow though as I have to many hobbies and so little time :D

2. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Krogmonster Active Member

How thick are the head crests? That was the main issue I ran into when printing my skink handlers.

3. Paverko
    Skink

Paverko Member

I really dont know how they print. I dont know if you have an FDM or an SLA/DLP printer?

4. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I have an Ender 3 FDM, I can try to print some in a few days.

5. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

It does not matter, we can distribute tasks, and we do them little by little. It is also difficult for me with work, faculty and my girlfriend. But it helps me to practice.

At the moment I don't model with Zbrush. But I can create structures with Rhinoceros.
    As for example, could you finish the Bastiladon that you made of WHTW2, and I would design the revivifying artifact (creating new designs that cannot be bought; so that you can create more of the same that is already on the market)

You will find me on instagram : https://instagram.com/ge32aurian

Soon:
    AOS new Stega-Howdah

E1A6EDD4-5886-4664-A915-0E212AF07A6C.png 319568DC-4291-473D-B91C-20E5DA0C25B6.png D78AB4F2-E311-41B9-B2D0-8E83FD08059B.png

6. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Dread Saurian is about 50%
    Finished getting the entire body together. Still in the process of adding teeth/spikes. After that I’ll be trying to rig it and making all the decoration stuffs for it. I’ll release it when I am done with the primary decoration and then work on releasing the alternate bodies after that.

Next on the list is the Caiman someone requested.

Ge32 and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  7. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

I have uploaded a new banner to thingiverse. That can be used with the Howdah of 5th and the next I will upload, the AOS Howdah.

I am currently delayed in moving forward with the designs, by the faculty. But little by little I am advancing.

I really need the measures that I have uploaded in this forum, to make the next Slann palanquin. Without the measures, I will not be able to do it.

Additional banner
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3814023

Attached Files:

trungmi102 and Aginor like this.
  8. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

You can't imagine what it has cost me to get the Tilt and the measurements of the lower columns of the Howdah. I had to measure millimeter by millimeter of the original.
    175C3E1C-3844-429D-932D-475C396F8573.jpeg
    Print it, and re-correct tilt and distance errors. All to match in the holes of the AOS Stegadon.

9. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Excellent banner! I think I may use this for part of the dread saurian decor!

Ge32 likes this.
  10. Paverko
    Skink

Paverko Member

Ge32 likes this.
  11. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Since we already have both Slann and Lord kroak on thingiverse, maybe you could start with the bastilladon howadahs?

12. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

No, because I bought a forgeworld slann, and I need a new platform. I don't like the slann platform in thingiverse, and the measures don't respect the original scale.
    The detail work of the floating palanquin in thingiverse is horrible and little worked. And I am an obsessive of the details and that file does not satisfy me.

So first I will make a new palanquin, because I need it and then I'll make the life machine for the Bastiladon.

In addition, an accessory is needed to be able to put a palanquin in the Howdah of the stegadon. When I have made the floating palanquin with the original measurements, I can make the variations that I want, to create an AOS Stegadon Howdah with Slann palanquin.

13. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I’ve only got the metal Slann official model, and I’m not sure if that is the same size. But I could measure it if you want. Isn’t the forgeworld Slann bigger? Does he need a bigger Palanquin?

14. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

The slann are almost the same size. With the measures I can make a palanquin for that figure, and leave it in thingiverse so everyone can download.

It would help me a lot whit these measures.

15. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

8FDBA000-F0D3-43D6-BF27-71171171D28B.gif

These are the measures I need of the palanquin, to start putting it together.

16. Krogmonster
    Saurus

I can measure the metal when I get home, in a couple days. You want it in mm I assume?

17. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Yes please. You would help me a lot. In mm it would be fine.

18. Krogmonster
    Saurus

Working on textures, trying to replicate the skin/scales of the GW seraphon.
    025AA463-B820-449C-8268-F0435DE9E9CF.jpeg B87A91CB-0142-47F7-8A5C-6BEDD5D6641C.jpeg

Second image is with spikes/teeth. Imported it wrong the first time...

Ge32 likes this.
  19. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

I like how it looks. Do you plan on putting on some kind of armor?

The Dread Saurian has a crocodile or alligator mouth i think.

I leave some images of help, in case that dynamism of the body serves you

Attached Files:

20. Krogmonster
    Saurus

This is a head I had selected, but I might be able to make an alternate head. That would come later haha.
    The FW head is slightly more gator-ish but not entirely. I tried to emulate the long teeth of the FW one, but the head shape is slightly different.

I am planning on making armor for it as an option. Next on the list is the standard “magical plating” decoration.

So I will release this model as the “wild” version. And then I will have the decorated one, and then I will release the other howadahs, and then the armored body with all the options.

Ge32 likes this.