1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Articles to print in 3D - Lizardmen / Seraphon

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Ge32, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

2. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
    RandomTsar, Noxolotl and Croco Guard like this.
  3. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 25, 2024
  4. NecridHydra
    Temple Guard

NecridHydra Well-Known Member

This same guy has scanned a 5Ed Krox, so stay tuned. He's scanning other stuff from that time.

5. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

6. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Just A Skink likes this.
  8. Glasseyegaryth
    Jungle Swarm

Glasseyegaryth New Member

Hi everyone, I’ve been looking for a good bastiladon proxy, and ran across this really cool model. Unfortunately I’ve been unable to source where it came from, so I thought I’d reach out to the experts to see if anyone here designed it or knows who did. Thanks View attachment 129966

Attached Files:

9. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

Welcome to Lustria.
    I just did a search for "lizardmen" on My Mini Factory and scrolled down a bit. That is a proxy model from Raven Twin Miniatures. There has been some discussion in this thread about Raven Twin a few pages back. You're welcome to take a look at those comments.

10. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Noxolotl and Just A Skink like this.
  11. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

12. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

13. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  14. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

This is why I never recommend buying Raven Twin miniatures. (nor from Norba either, since they are from the same history).

I leave you this screenshot of a comment from a client on Raven Twin's Patreon. I have taken the trouble to translate it so that everyone is warned.

B66C443F-7D68-48AD-A4D0-74B59EAD2CBB.jpeg
    I think it's safe to say that a lot of us won't be getting the models or our money right now.

It is extremely frustrating. I mean, I'm sure something happened to the guy and his personal life (his Patreon is essentially dead, and his Facebook page, etc), but it's still frustrating here.

At this point, I have given up receiving these models. They are more than 100 euros that I will never recover. It's a lot of money when you invest it. But, I'm moving forward instead of wasting energy at this point.

It is very possible that he kept the 100 euros from each patron, since Raven Twin had many figures that look great in renders, but were impossible to print. (That is a very important detail that many customers ignore). A miniature designed for tending is not the same as a miniature designed for printing.

JTSleep and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  15. MikkelangeloHD
    Skink

MikkelangeloHD Member

Guess who decided to upload today again? Raven Twin Miniatures. Just continued like nothing happened. Not even an apology or a free month or something like that.

I like his models though and that kinda sucks. I think I will subscribe each month if I like the models and cancel right after before he pulls another stunt like this. The guy might be a good fit for a Warhammer executive if he plays his cards right.

Ge32 likes this.
  16. MikkelangeloHD
    Skink

MikkelangeloHD Member

Well to be fair he did post a 50% discount code for his MMF store but that's absolutely useless when you had been a Patreon for years.

17. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

Investing in Raven Twin miniatures is a very dangerous thing to do. You can do well, but you can also lose everything.
    I would not advise you to buy, but everyone is responsible for doing what they want.

The most important thing is that everyone is informed and that each action is taken with the knowledge and awareness that they can risk losing money.

==================

On the other hand, I don't know if you remember the case of Norba Miniatures that I had told you about.
    That Norba had made a commercial deal with the Youtuber Mayorcete (a very pedantic Spaniard that very few people like). And the commercial deal consisted of a word-of-mouth deal, in which Mayorcete would make the rules and miniature designs for a game called Hiridia, and Norba would be in charge of marketing the products.
    And that eventually Norba got everything, and Mayorcete went on a tear in videos.

Well, apparently now Norba is starting to market the miniatures they had promised Mayorcete, yes, the Hiridia miniatures, but without Mayorcete and without the name Hiridia.
    LOL!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...dBWcjvaYrUPn9WmHqMHJny1PQl&id=100063590170096

Norba is another company to be wary of as its Spanish owner is notorious for poor customer service, lack of commitment, and miniatures full of resin bubble holes.
    Beware of this company as well.

18. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

19. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

20. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member