1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Artisan Guild: Seraphon themed models

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by trungmi102, Oct 19, 2019.

1. trungmi102
    Skink

trungmi102 Member

If anyone interested. Next month the artisan guild gonna have a seraphon theme on patreon. Their models are quite amazing.

Attached Files:

2. Nicholas Payne
    Jungle Swarm

Nicholas Payne New Member

Interesting, I'll give it a look

3. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

Yeah they look amazing.

4. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

If anyone can obtain that, can they share it in this forum thread?

5. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

I'm afraid authors would be very sad about this fact, unless we strike some kind of bargain with them.

6. Robertxtrem
    Cold One

Robertxtrem Active Member

Yeah they're selling a product they've spent a lot of time and effort making. A bit harsh to distribute it around. You can buy the individual models from their store when it's up. Will definitely share some of the pictures of the models though.

[​IMG]

Warden and Imrahil like this.
  7. Burwinkelito
    Saurus

Burwinkelito Active Member

Ok, brief explanation about how to get those?

8. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

You either subscribe to their Patreon and get access to all minis or buy single model blueprints on their website.

9. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

I had a discussion with the mediocre designers of that company. I really do not recommend it to anyone. First, they don't know how to accept criticism, they expect everyone to tell them that their designs are beautiful, and they really aren't, they have a very vulgar style, in my opinion.

The criticism that I made, corresponds to the lack of originality of the design of the creatures, they have no initiative, or originality at the time of sculpting their products, and finally, they do not accept the criticisms, they just want to listen to praise, that is not feedback.

They have been asked to modify the flying creature, since it is a copy paste of the rider, but with wings.
    5ABB2661-E7CE-4000-87AD-6659266E8E46.jpeg

And based on this, they sought a paleative resource, create another head to the animal but with the shape of a bird.

209093C9-3F5C-4785-B327-6FE13926980B.jpeg
    The creature must be completely redone, and I let them know. what action did they take? They were my criticism and blocked me.
    99210911-7067-4BF8-8231-22F4992350C9.png

They are not recommended sellers due to lack of feedback, they do not accept bad reviews, their design style is vulgar. I do not recommend that company.

10. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

Agree that its a good idea to extract this topic, especially that we discuss free 3d resources here and this one is a paid service.

11. trungmi102
    Skink

trungmi102 Member

View attachment 61020 View attachment 61021 View attachment 61022 View attachment 61023 View attachment 61024 View attachment 61025 View attachment 61020 View attachment 61021 View attachment 61022 View attachment 61023 View attachment 61024 View attachment 61025 View attachment 61020 View attachment 61021 View attachment 61022 View attachment 61023 View attachment 61024 View attachment 61025 View attachment 61020
    I'm comletely agree with Unoalazar, the flying dino is a bad one. I noticed multiple old pieces were reused to sculpt him. I'm also feel disapointed and let Andrea know that the model is bad. And you know what, he did sculpted a 3rd head (bird head) in order to improve the model (which is do not solve the problem by the way but I appreciate his try). So I want to correct the "lack feedback and do not accept bad review" part in your comment.
    I'm assume you're Ger Ajz on facebook group.

I understand your frustration, bear in mind that they only have 2 sculptor ,who have to deliver 4 modular troop models, 2 heroes, 1 beauty and a mount in 1 month ! that's alot of work and not even their whole project ( freebies, bonus, epic bosses, kickstarter..). I can throw away the mount, just the troops alone is amazing and an ideal bargain. And they have neither man power nor time to sastisfy every single customer, not even big company like game workshop can so I think if you dont like it, dont buy it, there's no point making a fuss.

Greg is not from the company, he's just a customer like you and I, the diffirence is that he is so good at printing model that he was promoted into admin. I'm sure your concept of the dinosaur mount is as good as his, maybe it's even better. If you express your ideal in a less emotional way, things would be much different now. I have searched for your story and see quite a different point of view from what you posted here. have a look and judge for yourself.

Attached Files:

• 000.png
      000.png
      File size:
      37.2 KB
      Views:
    • 00.png
      00.png
      File size:
      137.1 KB
      Views:
    • 01.png
      01.png
      File size:
      199 KB
      Views:
    • 02.png
      02.png
      File size:
      113.1 KB
      Views:
    • 04.png
      04.png
      File size:
      95.5 KB
      Views:
    • 05.png
      05.png
      File size:
      96.8 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  12. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

I would definitely take the Amazon Crocodile guy you posted in post #1. I hope it gets added to their standard catalogue after Kickstarter ends. I wonder however how good for printing these models are in general. I must say got spoiled by Xlanax_lot excellent all in one service in that regard :)
    WIP lizards seem to be very detail heavy and I hope they give us good on foot models :)

13. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

ScorchedDragon Active Member

I do see how they recycled some sculpting to remix for those flying Dino’s, but really I see no real major problems that I would call beyond minor knit picking. I mean it’s still a whole level of quality above our current models. Plus I looked at some of their models on Etsy, surprisingly cheap if compared to GW pricing. I’m eager to see their planned Hydra and Quetzalcoatl minis, as they do some very fine snakes.

14. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Well I liked the croc, and thought the sashimonos on the back of that mounted saurus lizard were cool. Too bad there is a lot of drama.

Imrahil and Sudsinabucket like this.
  15. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

Not a drama, but a rejected feedback indeed. I think the artists slightly shoot themselves in the foot by announcing new faction every month giving themselves very little time to polish :(

They sculpt really nice teeth BTW, even though the fangs should be be no. 3's and not no. 5's ^^

I also laughed at random Sudsinabucket quote inserted by mistake xD

Imrahil and Warden like this.
  16. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

I love their sculpting of the teeth and scales, Aswell as the eyes. I’d say I would buy them when they are available, but I am an art college student who had already (probably going to regret later when I look at my budgeting) bought a few minis from the Jungle Awakening lizardmen campaign

17. Ge32
    Troglodon

Ge32 Well-Known Member

They continue to make copy paste in terms of creative designs. There is no innovation.
    41D113FD-F66E-4BE7-83EF-26E61FEBAD64.jpeg
    He is creatively poor, that cold one, has the same head as the rest, with the same teeth, the same open mouth, the same expression. There is no diversity, no originality.

See what I mean?

bOdziO Wolf likes this.
  18. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

They are very much obsessed with the muzzles and same scale patterns :p
    Somehow I like their old designs more.

19. ScorchedDragon
    Saurus

I dunno, I still feel like they changed just enough for it to still work but that’s just me.

20. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

FYI. Looks like their Amazon batch print pretty nicely in resin with auto-supports: