1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. Character Duel

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by asrodrig, Dec 12, 2008.

1. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Har, I can't wait for 7th edition because we have Character killing items all over the place. My personal favorite is the NEW Blade of Realities. I can't say the point cost, but I will tell you it's our most expensive weapon and less than 80. Anyways, for EVERY HIT your opponent takes a Leadership test, if they fail, whatever you hit dies automatically with no saves of any kind allowed!

2. Gannon
    Saurus

Gannon New Member

Yea offcourse I'm thinking of Sotek.. srry ^^

btw about the Bane Head + piranna blade... GW said so that it does only 3 wounds.. as its not comulative.... bane does +1 wound and piranna does +1 wound so makes total of 3 dunno exactly where I read this...

3. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Thats weird, becous in the Lizzi book it says both bane head and pirana blade makes any unsaved wound doubled, and not that it adds 1 extra wound. Havn't consulted any GW shops so I may have missinterpretated the rule. Though it does seem odd to me...

Anyone else who can confirm something o_O

4. Dalkarius
    Ripperdactil

Dalkarius New Member

Well the rule SHOULD mean that, but I haven't found it too uncommon for GW officials to alter things to their liking.

5. Craken
    Carnasaur

Craken Well-Known Member

It was my understanding that something would only be doubled once, so it'd do two. Similar to the way having multiple ward saves work. Thats my opinion and is in no way official.

6. Gannon
    Saurus

Gannon New Member

Somehow it sounds kinda logical...

As your hero does only 1 wound... Bane doubles that by doing an extra wound.. and Piranna doubles the FIRST wound that the hero did also by doing +1 wound.. so the end result should be 3.... Still enough to kill most lords...

7. didleoman
    Chameleon Skink

didleoman New Member

just think of it this way...
    both would trigger at the same time the moment the unsaved wound occurs...
    so they both modify the same single wound that was caused
    thus they both only add one wound giving a total of 3 wounds

8. Aparach
    Troglodon

Aparach New Member

Good to know. I'm convinced(although I've never filded such a hero, and probably never will) Thats what forums are for anyway :)

9. lupercal
    Kroxigor

lupercal New Member

I've fielded him a few times the reason i like to use him is that I've had more luck getting one wound in two rounds with most all of their saves than 3 easier wounds the biggest worry with this build that i've had is runefangs as they bypass my armour and are weak enough to miss the ward save as well