1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Dracothian's Tail for local GT

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Jason839, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Its better to be safe than sorry. Some people have enough damage to kill the guard and then the slann turn 1.

Margawt likes this.
  2. Jason839
    Salamander

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Dracothion's Tail
    - Grand Strategy: Predator's Domain
    - Triumphs: Bloodthirsty

Leaders
    Slann Starmaster (265)*
    - General
    - Command Trait: Ancient Knowledge
    - Artefact: Godbeast Pendant
    - Ancient Knowledge 2nd Spell: Celestial Apotheosis
    - Spell: Stellar Tempest
    Skink Priest (80)*
    - Universal Prayer Scripture: Guidance
    Saurus Astrolith Bearer (150)**

Battleline
    10 x Skinks (75)*
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (75)*
    - Meteoric Javelins Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers
    5 x Saurus Guard (115)*

Units
    2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)**
    - Reinforced x 1
    - Reinforced x 1
    - Reinforced x 1

Behemoths
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)*
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)**

Endless Spells & Invocations
    The Burning Head (20)

Core Battalions
    *Battle Regiment
    **Battle Regiment

Total: 1970 / 2000
    Reinforced Units: 3 / 4
    Allies: 0 / 400
    Wounds: 103
    Drops: 2

I may try this 2 drop dt list that seems pretty brutal. Double bastiladons to help burn through pinks and 6 salamanders for pretty much any situation.

Putzfrau and Just A Skink like this.
  3. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

That does look brutal Jason, do you have a lot of players who play chaos armies in your Meta? When is your tournament? My tournament is on Saturday Dec 4th, 3 games, 1 day. I wish I had another 2 sally's. I only own 4 altogether.

4. Jason839
    Salamander

oh yeah. our group is pretty diverse and you can count on 3-5 chaos armies every tournament. Slaves to darkness with tzeentch or khorne and legion of the first prince are really popular. Then there are some pure tzeentch, slaneesh, and nurgle players.

tournament will be this weekend.

5. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I see, then I would definitely use two bastiladon's. Good luck and post your results, you got me interested in your list and who you will be facing.

6. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

This looks tough. Do you think you'd get any benefit from either Cogs or Palisade as opposed to the Burning Head?

7. Jason839
    Salamander

I feel like it was the best of the spells i could take. I dont feel like I would be playing very static with my Slann, so I dont feel like cogs would be super useful. 30 sentinels tend not to care about los so I feel like palisade isnt as effective as it could be at the moment. At least with the burning head its a couple mortals. I dunno. What do you guys think?

Just A Skink likes this.
  8. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

That's cool. I didn't want to make you second guess. I agree that Burning Head is a cheap MW spell. I was just asking to get your input about the spells and to see how you might play it. I wasn't sure if you'd be sitting back with the Slann. Good luck!

9. Jason839
    Salamander

Haha oh dont worry. I second guess myself constantly. Hmm. I keep the slann in the realmscape it would limit my ability to deepstrike but then i could use cogs. If I dont keep the slann in the realmscape and move him out turn 2 or 3 to allow better deepstrikes, then cogs probably wouldnt be very useful. Its an interesting decision.

10. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I think I would drop the cogs if your slann is going mobile (sounds like an old "The Who" song). Prismatic Paliside might be worth it if you know you will be facing a few shooting armies, for 40 points its not bad, it can also be used as a defensive measure to screen yourself off. I was seriously thinking on using it in a couple of fun games but you would need at least one more wizard in your list to pull it off. Think on this for a moment, the slann or that skink wizard casts the Paliside in front of the slann so no one can see him, the slann then proceeds to cast his spells through the skink wizard when he needs los to the target. don't forget that the slann can fly so the Paliside really isn't in his way if he needs to move in the direction of the Paliside.

I'm playing this Saturday against a friend of mine in the Meta at my game store and I will be testing out my DT list against him. I'll take some pics and post my results here for you to see. He plays OBR so it will be tough, he plays petrifix elite so my Rend is nullified. My Sally's won't be as effective unless I roll some Sixes baby! lol.

11. Jason839
    Salamander

Went 2-1 in that local tournament yesterday. Got paired against lumineth with a bunch of sentinels in the final round and the scenario was Tooth and Nail. Ouch. Basically forced me to take a lot more damage than I was supposed to in that matchup and it gave him an edge. Beat cruelboys and beat morathi bowsnakes so I am pretty happy about the list. Just got the 1 scenario that is rough for DT. I kinda wish they would post the scenarios before the tournaments, but I can understand the thought on keeping it hidden so everyone is on an even level going in.

Just A Skink and Margawt like this.
  12. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Did you have to use the Godbeast Pendant at all during any of those battles. I won my game against the OBR by 1 point, I took some pics but unfortunately I can't get them to load onto my computer from my phone because the chip that goes into my phone does not fit properly anymore. I got to go get it fixed or replaced. I put my Godbeast pendant on my Carnosaur Scar-vet and when he died unfortunately he did not come back because I rolled a 1 lol. But I sure had my opponent on edge when I rolled the dice. Good times.

Just A Skink likes this.
  13. Jason839
    Salamander

Sometimes the pendant goes off. I play very objective focused, so im always teleporting my slann around so that I can summon and score objectives. This makes him an annoying piece most people try to kill.

Just A Skink and Margawt like this.
  14. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I only teleport him if I can see he's in imminent danger, otherwise the force that comes with him should be enough to hold or expand from where he landed with half the army lol.

15. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

Figured how to get those pics from my phone to my computer at home with my battle with OBR. My tournament is this Saturday the 4th. I'll try to get some pics. We have three battles. I changed out my Carnosaur and Kroxigor unit and with a few points left over for a EOTG and a unit of 5 Chameleon skinks. This then put my army at 2000 even.
    AOS pic OBR.jpg AOS pic OBR 2.jpg
    AOS pic OBR 3.jpg AOS pic OBR 4.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    Just A Skink likes this.
  16. Jason839
    Salamander

Sad day. The most competitive list in DT just died. 3x 2 sallys and a bastiladon. that list went up 170 pts. DT is dead to me until something drastic changes in the meta.

17. Margawt
    Skink

Margawt New Member

I saw the changes too and it will reshape our army lists for sure. Looks like Thunderlizard might be our best choice of the sub factions to choose from going forward until something changes again.

18. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, that sucks hard.

I am going to try some variation, but 3 x 2 sallies i fear is no more.

19. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Is dropping a single salamander really that big of a deal?

You can still have lists with 6-7 and they'll still be competitive. I just dont think its better than thunder lizard anymore, but thats more due to the rise of IJ and sce than anything.

20. Jason839
    Salamander

absolutely. 3 units of 2 salamanders already felt weak. they were unreliable and the only time you did real meaningful damage were turns you could shoot and charge. losing another sally is a really big hit.