1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS First army

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Gairah, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Gairah
    Jungle Swarm

Gairah New Member

First of all, still getting a hang of the rules and such. Bought a warrior kit to get a hang of the game first, but want my first army to be Seraphon. Trying to do 1000 point first then maybe evolve into a 2000 point. Here is my first list.

- Army Faction: Seraphon
    - Army Type: Coalesced
    - Subfaction: Thunder Lizard
    - Grand Strategy: Continuous Expansion
    - Triumph: Inspired
    LEADERS
    Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Prime Warbeast
    - Skystreak Bow
    - Artefacts of Power: Fusil of Conflagration
    - Mount Traits: Beastmaster
    Skink Priest (120)*
    - Prayers: Heal
    BATTLELINE
    Skinks (75)*
    - Skink Alpha
    - Boltspitter, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler
    Skinks (75)*
    - Skink Alpha
    - Boltspitter, Celestite Dagger and Star-buckler
    BEHEMOTH
    Bastiladon with Solar Engine (250)*
    OTHER
    Salamander Hunting Pack (140)*
    TERRAIN
    1 x Realmshaper Engine (0)
    CORE BATTALIONS
    *Battle Regiment
    TOTAL POINTS: 965/1000
    Created with Warhammer Age of Sigmar: The App

I'm not sure if I should go skink priest or starmaster, also not sure if EOTG or skink chief on stegadon would be best. Any help or even tips to play would be appreciated greatly!

LosPollos likes this.
  2. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

This is a very solid 1000p List, unfortunately it will go up by about 55 points in 2 weeks because of points adjustments in the new battlescroll.

3. Gairah
    Jungle Swarm

Gairah New Member

Do you think switching the salamanders for terradon riders would be good to have some objective grabbing? Or should I cut the salamanders for more skinks? Also, how do I activate swarming cohort if the unit only has 10 models?

4. ChameleonGnom
    Skink

ChameleonGnom Member

You can't activate swarming cohort if you only have 10 models. You would need to reinforce them to at least 20 and when then it's only active as long as there are 15 or more models in the unit.(if you start with 20 the moment you take 6 dog the extra attack is gone)
    I am personally not the biggest fan of the skink Priest so he would be my first cut. Maybe you can get some saurus knights. They are great in any coalesced list.

5. Colossal Marlin
    Skink

Colossal Marlin Member

I would take a Skink Starpriest over a priest everyday of the week, fishing for 6s with a blob of 30 Skink making 60 blowpipe attacks with mortal wounds on 6s to wound and hand of glory granting rerolls of 1, if you're lucky you can whittle most big units down very effectively with overwhelming fire. That's not to say taking a priest for extra buffs isn't a bad idea, I just think I average 10 mortal wounds on top of maybe 3 or 4 regular saves which isn't bad damage for little old Skink, it also works to scare your opponent into focusing their attention away from bigger nastier units.

As stated above Saurus Knights are a great minimum strength unit in Coalesced, I wouldn't necessarily get rid of your Salamander for them, however to boost a Skink Squad to 30 would be a decision you need to make yourself as both units have their own benefits. 4 shots that are +3/+3 to hit/wound at -2 rend isn't anything to sniff at, and that they deal d3 mortal wounds on a hit of 6 (meaning you don't have to roll to wound) can be great for assassinating key units if you can get them there.

Taking your list up to 2000, I personally would add a Slann, 5 Saurus Guards, bring at least one squad of Skink to 30 and maybe reinforce the salamanders. An EotG hasn't performed well for me in the past, but it's Thunder Lizard, the more big dinos the better!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  6. Gairah
    Jungle Swarm

Gairah New Member

Thank you so much all for all of the advice, given me alot to think about but in easy to understand ways.