1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Forum Upgrade Completed! - IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by The Red Devil, Mar 27, 2015.

1. ian r
    Jungle Swarm

ian r New Member

hopefully i'll find it easy to use too

2. Trociu
    Chameleon Skink

Trociu Active Member

Best upgrade i've seen! You don't need donations? Because for such great work i would really like to pay 0_o

3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Even if the LM are dropped, the community will persevere! The Bretonnians have managed it for quite a while now ;)

If these 'Draconid' faction rumours or true, would they have a home on this board I wonder?

Scalenex likes this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Where, How, Why have the Brettonnians needed to manage [on their own..?] "for quite a while now" ?? When did they eliminate Brettonnia?

(Full disclosure: I have been ignoring or barely noticing Warhammer for a longish while....)

5. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

I meant in terms of rules updates considering that their army book is now a decade old. However, further to that GW has been steadily reducing their models to the point that they now have the smallest selection in the online store.

Despite that the online Bretonnian community has been fairly diligent in catering to their own, which is what I am hopeful of should LM remain untouched by subsequent editions.

6. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

The Red Devil Defender of Hexoatl Staff Member

I am sorry, but as mentioned earlier, we will not be providing the images for download at this time, paid or not. We will also be unable to take on any commission work, as the scale will be too small for what we do.

With that said, (shameless plug) if GW want to commission us for some art work for their next army book release, they can reach out. lol :D

Thanks, but no need. We have the hosting / development covered.

I feel that jumping into the rumors as it is, is a little premature. Though with that said, I feel it would only be natural that we would keep both the Lizardmen for Ed. 8 and then "Draconid" for Ed. 9 if that is what happens. But as I have said earlier, personally I believe we will still be around in Ed. 9

n810 likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

My worry is that when 9th edition drops, Lizardmen will be around but in a very limited way (no support, severely weakened in comparison to new/combined factions under the new rules, possibly to be fully phased out in 10th, etc). If this appears to be the case upon the actual release of 9th edition, it would be awesome to have a separate section dedicated to 8th edition Lizardmen... not sure how feasible that is or if others would be interested. Thoughts?

8. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

As mentioned, at this point it is just speculations.

We announced earlier, no matter what happen we will be around as a community. If it happen as you described, then we will have a Ed. 8 section and move forward with our own community based rule book similar to how Chaos Dwarfs has already done.

Being a Lizardmen player is a lifestyle, so we are in for the long haul :smug:

Scalenex, darthjoshua37 and Slanputin like this.
  9. The Red Devil
    Stegadon

10. Tlaxbitza
    Skink

Tlaxbitza Member

Happened to check in on the site, it has been a while, and thought it had been hijacked? WoW, was i so relieved that it has been been upgraded in such an awesome, inspiring, great to look and stare at in amazement and excitement!!! Must have taken a lot for the developers to go threw of this magnitude? I must confess my gratitude for this change, i think it was well overdue for one IMO. The old one was nice, but this one captures the theme so much better! Thank You, for all of your determination to see it through! I believe you have given us all new inspiration! Keep up the great work!

spawning of Bob, Qupakoco and IronJaw like this.
  11. JamJar
    Temple Guard

JamJar Well-Known Member

I log back in after the weekend and everything is different!

This is amazing!! Great work

I'm going to get onto posting some pics soon :woot:

12. Skinquisitor
    Kroxigor

Skinquisitor Member

I'd be interested in the full size headers aswell, how can i get my hands on those?

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

The Red Devil previously posted this response:

Scalenex and Slanputin like this.
  14. Tlaxbitza
    Skink

Tlaxbitza Member

I agree totally! Really enjoy everything about our Lizardmen, the good and the bad. lol No matter what GW decides to do, i'm not going anywhere! I plan on sticky around forever! If anything, just to be a Razordon in everyone else's side that i play against. We are still a tough army IMO. Always looking to improve on playing better and learning new tactics to hurt the other guy. Always a pleasure to see their reaction. lol

Scalenex likes this.
  15. Deusvult
    Chameleon Skink

Deusvult Active Member

Back after sometime now. This place looks amazing!!! And still has the same great atmosphere as before also.

Slanputin likes this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Nice to have you "back". (I only joined about ten days before the big changeover...)

Meanwhile you are just in time to order some LM / LO dice. Look for the dice thread.

17. KillerK
    Saurus

KillerK Member

Haven been on for a while, I like the changes. Good job.

Slanputin likes this.