Blog From 0 to Tournament Ready

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Warm Lobster, May 6, 2023.

1. Warm Lobster
    Skink

Warm Lobster Member

So, here goes nothing!

I’ve signed up for an 8th edition 2500 point tournament on September 16th-17th of this year and plan to have a fully functional/painted lizardmen army by then. This will be where I will track my progression to the tournament.

Today I have picked up what I believe to be a worthy second hand buy off of someone local:

57F3AE56-BD0C-4552-BDDD-67358F0B3FAC.jpeg

For those interested in the breakdown I can throw it in the replies. Not bad for just under $300. Along with this I have the Start Collecting Seraphon Box, the New Seraphon Army box, and the Starblood stalkers.

I am assembling some possible lists at the moment just to start out with, though the slann with temple guard bunker will definitely be included. And probably a cowboy and bus of cold ones.

Other than that, my first steps are going to be assessing what I will keep/sell from this lot (I do NOT need 6 razordons :facepalm:) so I may also grab units I may want (I’m looking at you salamander packs), then doing a test scheme for the army so I can officially “start”. Of course all comments and advice are welcome :)

Here we go!

2. JTSleep
    Carnasaur

JTSleep Well-Known Member

Yet! :D

But seriously, that is one great haul. I hope you manage to finish them in time.

3. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Great haul. And good luck painting!!
    :artist::artist::artist:

You can do it

Grrr, !mrahil

Warm Lobster likes this.
  4. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That is a great haul!

And it looks like you got plenty of time too! What is your plan of action to get these painted?

5. Warm Lobster
    Skink

Warm Lobster Member

Great question! Well, I have a rough idea of the lists I would like to bring/work on, so I'm working on selling the chunks of the lot above to buy the the miniatures I do want/need. Ideally I'll paint the unpainted miniatures first, then do the labor of stripping the already painted models and re-painting them to fit into my scheme/style. That way if I do run out of time to paint the models before the tournament, I'll have a little bit of a cushion to work with!

Noxolotl and Warden like this.