1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Lizard preview #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

As much as this is true, i welcome it. I don't intend to buy anything new, but i've got both dwarfs and Empire so if i can play them without being forced to field a generic Order army with no bonuses, i would be happy.

2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

im just hoping its a proper rules update for free peoples it looks like the megaboss has a new warscroll so i don't see why they cant have new rules to.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    LizardWizard likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The cannon especially confuses me. They just released those mercenary company things, one of which features a cannon. And then they dump it. Which just what? Hell, it even looked like one of the more fun and powerfull mercernary companies.

As for the rest. Dumping some of the models was inevitable. And in that sense it makes sense the ironbreakers are the ones that are left as dwarves as they can be the heavy line infantry for the cities of sigmar, while the humans provide cannonfodder & the aelves provide glass cannons. Regular dwarven warriors are no longer really needed in that case. I just hope that they'l actually make clever use of that and make the city a proper combined force. But since each army is supposedly still useable on its own I fear it's gonna get really weird if they don't bring some of those lost models back or give replacements for it. I mean the dispossed are left with like 4 units, that seems a bit little...

Also minor sidenote, why are the melee dwarves so similar to saurus. They got the same musician, same rend protection, similar speed, similar statlines. The main difference is that they actually work at minimum size and occasionally carry a gun or have some other special rule replacing our banner.

4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

ok yup a lot of warscroll updates and a bunch of new aleagence abilities and cities stuff that seems very powerful i am now very exited

LizardWizard likes this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Where have you seen actual updates? So far I've only seen a GW post going "this is a thing that's coming soon"

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  6. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

LizardWizard likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O cool, I like the protection their minor heroes get. Though I seriously dislike it's only going to be for the general by the looks of it. Also, since it's an allegiance ability that means minor heroes in general will still remain as stupidly easy to kill as before which is a shame. Same with the Idoneth blocking the 40K version of look-out-sir to keep heroes on foot safe.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

...and you can field steam tanks as battleline. :p

9. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

because why not now you can just field 7 of those and charge across the battle field all aboard the pain train

10. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That’s all I need another super-boring faction becoming super-powerful

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

To be fair, Empire never needed steam tank as battleline.
    Before the division into different subfactions, Empire's good battleline were troops as handgunners. People able to sit upon objectives while releasing a solid amount of shooting, able to stand and shoot if charged.
    And 2-3 behemoth (steam tank and celestial hurricanum) were more than enough.

With the possibility to play together those units once again, imo you don't need steam tanks as battleline and probably it won't be the strongest option .
    That said, once in a while can be fun to play Kursk.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

We all know that @Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl has a deep disdain for Empire (along with WoC and Vampire Counts) :)

13. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

I'd kill some vermin scum just to see if Elves will get new Dragons at some point.

The forest dragon was a disgrace and I'd insta-buy one if it looked like the Total Warhammer one. I'd like to see updated HE dragons too.

This new BT could also mean that the next year's GHB will no longer feature stuff for Darkling Covens, Wanderers, and the like. It was natural for the Chaos forces, but homogenize all of the World-That-Was for Order is quite a cheap move in my book.

I'm not as worried for that as a proud spawn of Lustria, yet it could be quite lame for the rest of Order forces.

Also, I just noticed that the classic Greenskinz got squatted too. The old boar chariot was ugly, but I thought the rest of the line hold itself pretty well.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

at least the tanks look neat. Especially if you can combine it with some other mechanical stuff.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  15. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Da red gobbo is 'ere.

And he is bringing presents and revulushun to all the boys and girls this christmas.

16. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

NEXT WEEK: Finally our turn to raze the Blood Bowl fields.

[​IMG]
    Those skinks are some weird fellows, but certainly are cuter than you regular Funko Pop.

17. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

I'm liking the fact that their team-specific ball is a snake in a pot. I wonder what optional special rule comes with that.

LizardWizard likes this.
  18. A_Reptile_Dysfunction
    Cold One

A_Reptile_Dysfunction Well-Known Member

I’m more interested in what the chameleon skinks do or don’t do differently to the regular skinks. The way it’s put in the article suggests that the chameleons will have a separate profile.

Not sure if this is standard but really cool that we get our own pitch/cards and stuff.

Warden and LizardWizard like this.
  19. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I guess I will get them, despite my huge backlog.
    I know that they have been criticized by many people for their goofy looks, but I like them.

Not sure about the old Kroxigor though. I don't really like the model.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

We all have models that we love and that fact others may hate them makes little difference. All that matters is that you like them... unless we're talking about SCE. ;)