1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Lizard preview #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The Saurus look pretty good if you take those weird face bars off their helmets. Surely in a game where there are so few rules of conduct, allowing your Saurus to bite the enemy team would be an advantage that keeps your team alive, not a disadvantage to get them disqualified... :confused:

The Skinks have rather too large eyes, but I can see how their poses can work well when there are opposing team models for them to dodge around.

My main problem is with the Chameleon Skinks, because they look too much like actual real-life chameleons that have been trained as pets to play Blood Bowl, rather than a chameleon variant of the original Skink template. Notice the old Chameleon Skink models retain Skink bodies, they just have chameleon heads, tails and skin:
    [​IMG]

These new ones on the other hand are almost completely Chameleon with very little Skink in them. How are they going to hold blowpipes with actual Chameleon hands? I suppose it’s just me, but I have the feeling that GW didn’t think that through very well.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  2. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

About the Chameleon Skinks:
    I thought that looking like an actual chameleon was the standard back in the day? Judging by the little guy on Tenenhauins base holding the tablet.

Holding weapons is no problem with actual Chameleon hands. In fact they can grab stuff very well.

chameleons-are-fun-cause-they-ll-grab-anything.jpg

As for the Saurus: agree with the bars. I'll most likely leave them out. Otherwise they look fine.

About the Skinks: they are a bit goofy with their huge eyes, but IMO the goofiness is part of Blood Bowl so I actually like it here. I wouldn't want my regular Skinks look that way though.

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, the skinks mostly suffer from being on a blank background. When dodging around enemies they look great. But on their own against a blank background they just look like they're constantly tripping over themselves.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Well, the Chameleon Skink models I included in my previous post have been around since 7th Edition Fantasy at least (possibly even 6th Edition), so they are about the same age as the Tehenhauin model. Don't get me wrong, I think the actual chameleon faces and tails e.t.c. are done very well on the new models, it was mainly the hands and the stooping postures that made them a little too much like actual Earth chameleons rather than Warhammer Chameleon Skinks specifically.

Didn't know that (not that much of a chameleon expert). Probably just me then.

Koriialstraz likes this.
  5. Aginor
    Slann

Btw I kinda like the new Warcry Chaos Ogor (or whatever that is)
    [​IMG]

Imrahil and Captaniser like this.
  6. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

Looks like a miniature Cygor, wonder how big it actually is.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, that looks cool

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I just wish they'd do more with those warbands than the one-off incarnations in warcry/shadespire. Chaos at this point has some of the richer and more versatile culture. It's weird.

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It looks to me as though it's on a Carnifex-size base, so I imagine it'll be just slightly shorter than a Giant.

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

OK, just finally took a look at Cities of Sigmar.
    Do you know what pissed me off? No more general on horse, no more battlemage on horse.
    Not only they were cool, but those are the models i own.
    It's not the first time… also the necromancer, i've had one on nightmare, but NO, now all necromancers go by foot.

sigh.

Warden likes this.
  11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

horses are more difficult to trademark I guess. More seriously though GW does seem to have a weird dislike of horses. Of the top of my head the only ones that are left are the outriders for cities of sigmar, and the various chaos knights/marauders on horse, which is one of the few faction that hasn't had a proper AoS version yet. It's kinda weird..

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yes, outriders (which i have) are indeed the exception...

13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

New ossiarch thing, ironically on horses. Probably the first model I don't entirely dislike. The face is still stupid, but at least the rest works as a heavily armoured warhorse in the spirit of a cataphract.

14. Aginor
    Slann

I like the first one better, he has a skull face.
    The second one has the weird face but that can fe fixed I guess (I would have to see the sprues though). Other than that I think they look cool.

15. Killer Angel
    Slann

Definitely not my cup of tea.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I prefer the first one as well, although the second has a bony Pharaoh-style false beard. Certainly the cavalry seem to be the best models so far as they don't have any of the weird Joker grin faces.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Slaanesh randomly gets another host out of nowhere. Though I do like they apparently feature the slaves of darkness models. Would love it if the other chaos factions got similar battalions.

Warden and Erta Wanderer like this.
  18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The rules for it will be in October’s White Dwarf, which will be coming tomorrow, like Fyreslayers got the rules for Bael-Grimnir and additional Vostarg Lodge Rules in June’s issue.

Warden, Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.
  19. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

well that's because slanesh is having a lot of trouble on the table and needed a boost:rolleyes:
    wow this guy isn't a melee monster but his spell is evil not letting people use command points is just dumb. and then he gives his guys battle shock immunity not something slanesh needed but there you go.
    cool model tho

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The Vostarg lodge was a new named character (using an existing model but can't have everything) & some battalions. Not an entire sub-allegiance like this one. It just feels a bit out of left field to suddenly give slaanesh yet another sub allegiance. I mean, they already have 3 and it's not even a proper "new" host that's being explored. To be honest, it kinda feels like they just forgot to add it in the main tome given that it's entirely based around that named character.