1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Lizard preview #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Funny that one of the only AoS factions I actually like is totally irrelevant! :D

Killer Angel likes this.
  2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

It's not (entirely) irrelevant fluffwise, so that's something :p

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Oger faction focus.

Not much that wasn't already known I think. Though what is interesting is that ogers count for 2 models surrounding objectives and monsters count for 10! to make up for their low model count. Other than that, they're big, sturdy and pack a punch. Which was to be expected.

And their big bowl of soup heals. Also it seems that they can have multiple of em. Which is neat.

Warden, ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Glad that the Grots/Gnoblars/whatever are still around with their scrap launchers.
    My buddy has two of them, and they look so cool. They unfortunately suck right now but it seems they are getting a bit better.

Other than that... I am not a big fan of Ogres/Ogors but the gameplay mechanics are kinda cool so far IMO.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Bone people subfactions and lo and behold it includes a subfaction that can run and charge and retreat and charge, fixing the whole "they're slow" aspect. At least they're also the only subfaction that doesn't randomly get some extra damage, resistance to magic, or bonusses to their already high saves...

There's 1 interesting host though. The ivory host which gains +1 to hit, but -1 to saves, on any wounded models. Apart from the fact that a rule like that really should be placed on Orruks or Khorne troops and is a bit out of place it is at least interesting and has a clear drawback.

And yeah I like the Ogors so far, kinda makes me wanne try them. I don't have an army with loads of multiwound units yet anyway so that alone makes em interesting.

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Endless spells and scenery for ogers and bonepeople

Ossiarch's endless spells are surprisingly tame given how powerfull the stuff shown so far was. They are however only moveable by the Ossiarchs which is a tad lame. At least they actually pay a cost for this ability though.

For the ogers it only shows their cookpot, which they can refill after using. Which is cool.

7. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

I am growing to like the Bone folks, especially the 'normal' footsoldiers and the mounted gang.
    But in Total they're very Low on my wishlist.

Gr, Imrahil

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Stuff is up for pre-order. Looks like the ogers get no endless spells. Which is odd.

Also, some models have slightly updated rules for the ogers. The tyrant for example has a better loadout.

Not all the warscroll pdf's currently work though so that's annoying.

The endless spells for the bonepeople aren't too terribly overpowered. Though their basic unit the morterk guard is super freaking powerfull. With 1 wound, 4+ save, rerolling failures, and their weapons having 1" 2/3+/4+/-1/1 or 2" 2/3+4+/-/1 scoring 2 hits on a unmodified hit roll of 6 and they can have a greatweapon for 1" 2/3+/3+/-1/1 (no bonus hits on that one though). They are insanely powerfull imho.

O and the luitanent needed to do their command ability is indeed their equivalent of the alpha model. Making the range requirement largely redundant. Though at least not every unit has one of these, for example the 4-armed guys (necropolis stalkers) don't have an alpha.

Imrahil likes this.
  9. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

I don’t know if you’re able to get it, but if you are, the entirety of the new Warscrolls are listed on the Age of Sigmar App, including every Bonereaper model revealed so far. If nothing else, I can at least post screenshots of the missing Warscrolls if you like

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The two terrain pieces are bugged. Was curious about those two mostly.

11. ravagekitteh
    Skink Chief

ravagekitteh Well-Known Member

The Bonereaper one is as follows, but for some reason the Mawpot is missing from the app as well:

A363D443-2FB7-496F-85BA-6DC5E3A94B84.jpeg

However, to make it up to you, there are the Warscrolls for the main man Katakros:

EA5B4546-CF0E-4F4B-9F7A-9E03877618C8.jpeg 149F0969-EB51-4FA6-8A0D-58C140B9A5C1.jpeg F47FEC46-67E8-43CF-BDB0-034A990AFF41.jpeg

And the legendary “Wrong Trousers Man”:

F72A5575-C39A-47EA-A133-AB69710A47B8.jpeg

Captaniser and Imrahil like this.
  12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That just seems weird and wildly inbalanced. What's the point of punishment of death? The other options are vastly more powerfull unless you're desperate for that 1 mortal wound.

Also, Katakros seems like he's massivly overloaded. So many abilities & weapons. Even if he ends up balanced there's just so much going on.

Leg-guy seems surprisingly underloaded in contrast though.

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

14. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

15. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

exactly my thoughts!
    those rubber bands last 2 times, in my case. So much time between basecoating models/.

Gr, Imrahil

16. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

The handle just seems incredibly unnecessary and something that will not last for long.

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

The fact that they seem to be putting the rest of the Ossiarch stuff on pre-order next week hints that they’re certainly preparing to spend all November releasing those plastic Sisters of Battle, so get ready for an incredibly dull release month lads...

And I agree with the painting handles, surely they’ve released enough of those already? And in the case of the Start Collecting painting handles, surely you only really need one as you’re going to be painting one mini at a time?

However, the anti-spillage pot holder thing looks good - I’m not as clumsy as some, but there have been instances where I’ve knocked a pot of wash over so I know what the pain feels like.

Loving the look of the White Dwarf Apocrypha, might try and find that to see if there are any Warhammer Fantasy articles of note I missed (my first issue was July 2010, the 8th Edition Fantasy release issue).

NIGHTBRINGER and Captaniser like this.
  18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Meh, at least painting handles don't cause more powercreep :p

19. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

If you cut off the ends of the handles they look like they could work as game legal movement trays, maybe.

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Some example armies for bonepeople. Best case they seem super annoying to deal with, worst case it seems broken as hell... So much powercreep...