1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: Lizard preview #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Because the current kit has customisable weapon arms - the Island of Blood ones are monopose and if you have more than two can only be made to look different if you want to saw off arms and hands and replace them with different ones. I’ve managed to do this with the four I have but mainly because I had some spare weapon hands from the Middle Earth Mordor Troll kit and had found a couple of spare Ogre clubs at my favourite shop which sells second-hand miniatures and bitz

Canas and Imrahil like this.
  2. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Ok, the new boxes are out, and I was right. Everyone had exactly what the box showed. Aside the Rat Ogors, the Skaven came with 20 Clan Rats. Too bad the Ogors part is so heinous.

Still, everyone has good savings deals for the price.

And, we now have out own Metawatch, and as The Great Plan demanded, we are one of the dominating forces.

And and, 40K will have their Start Collecting! kits with the new Combat Patrols:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

According to Dakka², this kits are indeed replacements for the previous 40K SC!, and there are no plans expected for now.for AoS.

What do you think? Rebranding the sets for 40K maybe unnecesary, or maybe they tink the exclamation point was silly.

Combat Patrols will come out for a good chunk of the 40K factions (fingers crossed for all of them. Imagine discounted Custodes!).

This is are still cool news, but it is possible a slight increase on prices. It makes me worried about certain kits. The Tau one is a bestseller and the best 40K-exclusive SC!, and it is already a perfect kit, they only really have to rename it; at much just trade the Ethereal for a Cadre Fireblade. Change something like the XV8 Crisis suits for something else could arguably be a loss for the kit.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    NIGHTBRINGER and Imrahil like this.
  3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Just a pity it had to be stupid Skink spam that’s dominant. Saurus meta for the win!

However it pleases me to see Kharadron are top and Fyreslayers are fourth, and I’m surprised that Slaanesh has dropped like a stone as they were crazily powerful when they first came out, and Idoneth are holding out well, which is a surprise as they now have one of the oldest tomes.

ChapterAquila92 and Imrahil like this.
  4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Idoneth are a natural counter to shooting armies, which they also mention in the article, KO, Tzeentch, Seraphon, CoS & the better performing SCE lists all have a strong shooting focus. And those are 5 out of the top 6. That probably works heavily in their favour :p

I have to admit it surprises me Slaanesh is doing so poorly though. I guess that with the top contenders being so shooting focussed the ability to fight out of order simply isn't that relevant. I mean who cares about melee if half your army gets shot to bits before ever getting there. And without that ability they lose a significant chunk of their combat prowess.

I do miss an average performance though. It's just "top five" and "first". It's a bit of a weird metric like this.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It says something about Fyreslayer resilience that they are the only one of that top 6 that are not missile oriented, yet they still managed to reach fourth! :D

Canas likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

It would seem that the fortunes have changed for the Kharadron Overlords! And here I was thinking that they were one of the weakest factions!

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I thought they were weaker too given the reviews of the more recent Battletome when it was released, but I'm pleased to see they've flown to the top (in their airships)!

But then, Dwarfs are obviously the superior race in Warhammer, I've said it many times before :p

8. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The new battletome seems to have helped KO a lot.

Why were people annoyed at it though? I don't remember any of their new stuff being particularly weak or weird.

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

No idea, I just remember seeing people saying that Kharadron weren't improved much at the time the new tome came out. What we see from Metawatch, however, is proof to the contrary.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

That's pretty much what I heard as well, and I don't even really follow AoS.

11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

they where weak at the start then GW came in and dropped all their points by 50 or more. with a extra 300 points to play with they are doing much better and can feild 2-3 ships with crew insted of the original 1

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yeah, i have both the battletomes and the new one isn't that great of an improvement... but their shooting is solid and the points dropped.

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh.. not a fan of how those books have warscrolls and such. It's a pain to figure out which books have relevant warscrolls, let alone keep up with all of them. Aside from that, not sure what to expect, it's not like psychic awakening or malign portents where the title gave a good hint as to what kinda rules we were going to get.

On A sidenote, why exactly does anyone trust Morathi? All the audience ever sees of her is a saterday morning cartoon villain. They should show her actually doing something that'd explain why the SCE and such even vaguely trust her. It's difficult to suspend your disbelief and pretend she can actually hide her schemes when all we ever see her do is monologue and cackle.

Killer Angel and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  15. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

one can only hope we get to star in one

Canas likes this.
  16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Ah, yes, I certainly thought it was going to be a prelude to a Third Edition given that GW were saying ‘big things are happening’, and you linking this up to Psychic Awakening pretty much confirms it, what with various factions getting new rules and all.

Yeah, I agree, given the Daughters of Khaine in general are ruthless, treacherous, bloodthirsty muderesses, I always thought they were more fitting as a Chaos army than an Order army, given that Khaine is extremely similar to Khorne. Why do the other Order factions even give them house room?

Of course it’s damn typical of GW giving Daughters of Khaine the first book with especially OP rules for them, I should have known that GW wouldn’t like them being near-bottom for long.

However, I’m interested to see the book or books that Kharadron and Fyreslayers feature in. I’d love to see a Broken Realms: Grimnir, where the Fyreslayers manage to find enough Ur-Gold and rebuild Grimnir and he becomes a suitably massive god model, or gives them some reinforcement units or something.

Canas and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  17. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

eh as long as snakes get to be good i wouldent care

18. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Interesting to see them bringing a regular Dark Elf Sorceress on Black Dragon to the spotlight. Wonder what this will mean...

19. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I’m thinking Morathi will try and unite all the Dark Elves under her banner. Not only would the Dark Elf models fit better there than with Cities of Sigmar but would also give Daughters of Khaine more variety in their units.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    Imrahil likes this.
  20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh I'd sooner expect it to just be a narrative device, this way both sides of the story get to have creepy dark elves who are less than entirely honest. Fits with the whole mirror-thing Morathi went on about. Allows you to contrast the old elves against the relativly new DoK.

ChapterAquila92 likes this.