1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

This morning I've got a new e-mail from GW, an amazing one

[​IMG]

And this was just posted on Facebook:

Yeah, one last... last chance to buy some Order miniatures, even including the Brettonian Battalion.

Remember, not every single will be available (and I still want to know how that horrible Gnoman survied), and you must ask for an e-mail notification, so they can count how many kits they will resupply.

This was a HUGE surprise, and I like to think that this is just one step more ahead for GW to regain some of the trust of their community.

I'm so temteped about those Glade Riders...

Warden, n810 and Bowser like this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

As opposed to not purging the models/armies in the first place? ;) (sorry I couldn't help myself :oops:).

Jorgik and Warden like this.
  3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

I find this being quite encouraging. They could someday say "y'know what? we are going to do some crazy revivals here and there". Nothing stops them from doing this again some time in the future.

Warden and Bowser like this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I guess you can't be faulted for taking a "glass half full" approach. :)

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

... ohh Halfling hot-pot unit. :nailbiting:
    ..... or those could just be dwarves... :shifty:

Warden likes this.
  6. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Everything is possible in this Universe, as adverse as the odds are. Yeah, that includes GW having a better behavor towards their costumers, and until now they haveing doing that 50-50, because we got lots of stuff butchered.

Warden likes this.
  7. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

I guess so, but I am not taking the glass-half full approach until the Old World comes back in the fluff somehow... I am willing to believe it was more of a really shrewd/dastardly marketing ploy to make more money. Very surprised by this move, now I hope they bring back some of the old Dogs of War units for a reboot (Long Drong Slayer Pirates!!!).

Well played GW. Well played. :shifty:

Edit: Also I just noticed that hourglass symbol for the first time. Skulls for the Time God anyone?

HeirofCarnage and PhoenixTheCat like this.
  8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

That sounds like a good start... but I need a little more from GW. My offer to GW...

Lower your flags and march straight back to England, stopping at every home you pass by to beg forgiveness for a hundred years of theft (prices), rape (AoS), and murder (killing WFB). Do that and your men shall live. Do it not, and every one of you will die today.

Then again, maybe I just stole that from Braveheart... and GW haven't been at it for hundred years. ;)

HeirofCarnage, Crowsfoot and Warden like this.
  9. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

You know what let's just be fair to everyone let them discontinue all the models bring them back for another last chance to buy discontinued them again and really everything under a different name with bigger more armored guys. Not ranting I would love to see some new badass looking saurus LOL :p

Bowser, Jorgik and Warden like this.
  10. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Now this is a heavy release week: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/blog/blog.jsp

A new case (you can see it on the blog), and its supposed to be everything-proof.

A new Start painting bundle, 20 pounds, and you get:
    - 5g Plastic Glue
    - A set of clippers
    - A Citadel Starter Brush
    And one pot of 3 ml for each one of these:
    - Balthasar Gold
    - Abaddon Black
    - Armageddon Dust
    - Macragge Blue
    - Agrax Earthshade
    - Ceramite White
    - Leadbelcher
    - Mournfang Brown
    - Averland Sunset
    - Mephiston Red
    - Waaagh! Flesh
    - Zandri Dust
    - Bugman’s Glow

Also a great discount for a new boxed game for 40K, Imperial Knights, one of them alone costs 85 pounds, this boxed set costs 120 punds, and includes two Paladin Knights, a set of scenary, and rules.

Also, only now and tomorrow, we have a free Imperial Space Marine "Beaky" ordering at least 100 pounds.

"Cool bro, but this is not a 40K foru-" yeah, I know and we have some treats too:

For starters: They created a new bundle for every AoS Start Collecting Chaos Box until now, and one for the Seraphon: The Start Collecting Box itself (Warriors, Khornates, Nurglings and Pestilens, and like I said, Seraphon too) and they are giving you the respective Grand Alliance book.

They don't have any kind of discount, but they are packaged on the same bundle, which is good for starters.

Now, more surprising, they've added new (and holy shit, they are expensive) bundles, based on the winner armies from the recent South Coast Grand Tournament.

(Warning, this boxes are extremely expensive, viewer discretion advised):
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/The-Fangs-of-Ghur
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/The-Blades-of-Azyr
    https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/An-Alliance-of-Plague

See, maybe this is the best part of the whole AoS skub; create truly special and personal armies.

Finally, I will quote the last Next Issue from White Dwarf:
    Oh, BTW, not really a GW news, but its quite close, Ye Ol' World of Total Warhammer:

n810, Jorgik, Bracnos and 1 other person like this.
  11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Lol just looked at all the models in the blades of azyr list and I have all but 3 of them :p

Crowsfoot likes this.
  12. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

That trailer is absolutely amazing!

13. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

Makes me want to mix models now with my Chaq'Kai or the Jungle Lizards (well they have their Tree Lord so far) yet the Chaq'Kai don't really like teaming up with other races.

I'm surprised they didn't try to entice with exclusive rules but then they are just bundles from winning armies.
    And the trailer looks stunning, tempting to pick up later on after release just to play Vampire Counts.

14. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

From Dakkax2, the new Orc/Orruk:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/1110/683422.page#top

I will share the ones that I liked the most:

[​IMG]

Now this is a right and propa phat wyvern. Sadly we wouldn't see it flying, yet, I must get one and name it Bronx

And dat its a right and propa balck armor, too.

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know, the other ones looks horrifying, like a bizarre cross between a boar and a squig, but THIS one looks actually good. Remembers me a lot some extinct mammals, like the Andrewsarchus.

[​IMG]

OI, ANCIENT SPIRIT OF GORKARMORKA (or Morkagorka?) TRANSFORM DIS DECAY'D BODY TO A MEGABOSS, DA BIGGEST AND DA STRONGA!!!!

And from Warseer, we have what the whole new release be: http://www.warseer.com/forums/showt...ins-in-April&p=7617584&viewfull=1#post7617584

So, first, Black Orcs renamed to 'Ard Boyz is... alright, I guess? but now they will add 5 more on the box, and as far as I remember, at the same price, which is always good. And they are basically now your standart infantry instead Boys. The only problems is that they will get that strange yellow paint work for publicity because they are Ironjawz too...

Also, I'm surprised about how cheap is the Maw-Krusha for GW standards, as it does the Grand Alliance. Then I see how they overprices 5 brutes, back to the classic GW...

Now, it seems that we are already seeing the last execution of the old world miniatures; this case, Destruction.

We already know that the regular Warbosses, Boar Boys, Boar Chariot and Boys are staying, and 'Ardboys are basic infantry for the Ironjaws.

Right now, old Wyverns, Ruglud's Orcs, Gnolbars, Whirling Death and Wurrzag are out of stock, and Animosity Orcs and Wolves are no longer available.

I bet that lots of the many flavoured Ogres will say good bye, as well as some of the Orc Siege Weapons, many Trolls and, of course, all those horrendous Squigs (but the prettier ones will stay, for sure).

Edit: Also, the new rules, this guys are designed to kill heroes and keep the momentum: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.n...d-a-green-one!&p=540818&viewfull=1#post540818

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  15. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Well, some days have ocurred, why not update this?

Now, from http://www.miniwars.eu/2016/04/battletome-ironjaws.html (Spanish site, I'm glad that spain has an active community, unlike their american cousins).

NOT BAD MOONS

NOT EVIL SUNZ

I'm in a lot of monetary problems here, I want my very own Maw-Krusha, but I like to make named characters too, and I want a red Maw-Krusha now because Red 'Uns Go Fasta.

You should check out the new colour schemes for the Ironjawz too, they are so completely not 40K-ish (however, I'm a little intrigued about that orange scheme, we don't see a lot of orange armies).

Also, this week, on the last fusillade, there is an surprising low number of casualities: only 11 pieces of the Destruction range are going away:
    Ogre Battalion (Ogre Kingdoms will be back on Start Collecting! Gutbusters: Age of Sigmar), classic Orc Warboss on Wyvern, Greasus Goldthooth, Ruglud's Orcs, Gorbad Ironclaw, Whirling Death, Amniosity Orcs, "The Chase", and two of my favourites: say Goodbye to Black Orc Big Boss, and say Goodbye to Grimgor Ironhide (just the model, since AFAIK he is now one with Gorkamorka [or Morkagorka?]).

Well, Gnoblars (now just Grots) and siege weapons will stay with us, thats nice, but it saddens me to see dose pesky gitty squigs roamin' 'roind yet.

Finally, 11 Destruction factions are now available on G-W side, obviously not including Ironjaws, thats until tomorrow: Greenskinz (regular orcs), Bonesplitterz (savage orcs), Gitmob Grots (goblins), Moonclan Grots (self explanatory), Spiderfang Grots (this one too), Aleguzzler Gargants (just the giant), Gutbusters (best name ever, standard ogres), Beastclaw Riders (savage ogres), Firebellies (just the Firebelly), Maneaters (jezz, that sounds dirty, every unique ogre, pirate, ninja, ogrette...) and Troggoths (trolls).

Last but not least, check out the official WH AoS site on Facebook, yesterday they released the First AoS FAQ for any doubts you could have from their rules.

'Till later

EDIT: NEW ZEALAND FOLKS (if there is any) NOW YOU CAN WIN THE ARMY OF YOUR DREAMS. For real, check your G-W page, every order of $165 NZ dollars will give a chance to win.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    Bowser, Jorgik and n810 like this.
  16. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I don´t understand why when GW picks an angle from which to take pics of a model they never change it (if you notice, all the maw-krusha are looking in the same direction). I also want to see the sides and rear!!

n810 likes this.
  17. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

You area bout to see them on a moment.

Maw-krusha end up being what you should expect from an orruky (wot?) mount: basically its a orc (yeah, don't really like orruk) who can activate his dragon form. Or a wyver with the body structure of a gorilla. XBOX HUEG chest, arms, tiny legs.

Also, I can't understand why is G-W so obsessed with making to all their big beasts to have a raptor claw on their thumbs (Carnos have them, Ogre Mammoths have them, and now the Maw-krushas) and hooved feets, just like almost every single Tyranid.

Anyway, surely everyone, by now, knows that G-W, on their AoS Facebook site, has announced the biggest addition to AoS since release tomorrow. What could it be? No idea. I would like more accesible prices, maybe add a Start Collecting set for every possible faction, or new great savings boxes, but maybe they will bring an simplified point system, or an structure.

Finally, check out this new How to paint videos, you can appreciate that the new orc armor is not polished, but quite rugged and clubbed (funny fact, they mine the ore for those from the Gore-gruntas), and Emma painted a red Maw-krusha, which has exactly the same colors of Grymloq (big news for me, so I can paint him now, so all of you if wanted before but couldn't figure out how):

Edit: BTW, they've just release Start Collecting! with their respective Grand Alliance for the Death and Destruction forces too.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Warden likes this.
  18. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Well there it is something that should stop the crying over points, they are placing points for the competitive players..

"That’s right, guys. As of this summer, you’ll have your pick of 3 great ways to play Warhammer Age of Sigmar. We couldn’t be more excited, and we’re certain you...’ll love it too.

We’ll have more details for you soon. For now:

Open Play is probably the most similar to the way you play now, but there are new rules on the way to give you even more freedom, including the option for huge multi-player battles.

Narrative Play is as you’d expect – recreating the great stories and epic encounters from the Age of Sigmar. To help you forge your own stories within the Mortal Realms, there are also some really cool campaign rules and tools on the way as well.

Finally, Matched Play is something we know a lot of you have been keen to see. We’ve put these rules together in association with some of the world’s biggest tournament organisers, to create a new standard for balanced competitive play. And yes, it includes points values.

Okay Internet, go nuts."

. I like the way it was presented the last line was "internet go nuts" like there shut up about it god just go back to buying our crap :p

HeirofCarnage, Warden, Jorgik and 3 others like this.
  19. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

hmm... bringing back point ehh?

Warden likes this.
  20. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Life always find the ways, just like the neckbeards will.

Well, this is nice, just like modern videogames, like Dota 2, Heroes of the Storm, Starcraft II, and so on, but miniatures have a way less toxic enviroment.

Neckbeards will cry anyway because their troops are not stroung enough, but heh, at least the waining will be a little less frequent.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    Bowser and Bracnos like this.