1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Neckbeards!!!! the bane of all nerdom

Warden likes this.
  2. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That's funny. Points back into AOS? Maybe they are trying to fix it...

I digress. I apologize in advance for the rant, but I noticed this today:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Win-the-Army-of-your-Dreams

I will cut/paste/paraphrase:

WIN THE ARMY OF YOUR DREAMS!

Do hobby dreams come true? Well for three lucky people they will! So what do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning the army of your dreams, plus an awesome bundle of tools, brushes and paints as well as a state of the art set of scenery on which to proudly display your army, ready to crush all before you?

1) buy stuff costing more than $85
    2) write to GW about the army of your dreams. Top three get big prizes.

Terms and Conditions. Legal jargon. These caught my eye and make me suspicious:

4) The Panel of Judgment shall select the top three entries which best satisfy the judging criteria. The judging criteria shall be as follows: entries must be exciting, inspirational and evoke the spirit and setting of Warhammer 40,000 or Warhammer Age of Sigmar.

Aww... no warhammer fantasy dream armies. rats.

err... skaven.

8) By claiming a prize, the winners agree that Games Workshop can use their name and place of residence (in the format of Rob W of California, USA) for advertising and promotional purposes and for the purposes of fulfilling obligations. Details of the winners may be published in www.games-workshop.com, the web store blog, in the Warhammer App and in Games Workshop’s email newsletter

eh? You are going to use my name and place of residence as part of your advertising? So does that mean if my army idea is SO AWESOME that you will add it to the GW universe and add brand it as your own?

I think not... but this seems like a scheme to farm out ideas to the hobby community at large and bring breath some new ideas into the franchises. Maybe I am just being suspicious... :shifty: but not quite sure how to take this. I really don't like the $85 entry fee.

3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing that. 85 entry fee is not *that* good, but let me tell you, 15-20 minis at a discount prices are always welcome.

I don't think that they will "milk" community ideas, they have already highlighted convertions and community miniatures for a while, and now they do that almost daily on WD Blog. I think that they will use the names just to give real names nad dodge those "lmao this is a fraud" trolls.

As far as the three modes, I'm glad and even excited, sometimes people forget that this is a game and, because of that, it must be about fun, a feel that tends to fade away with players who wants to play exclusively as a competitive army, and if you can't play like that, then you are not welcome.

4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

@Warden this looks like the equivalent of the contest they ran a few months ago that was eligible everywhere but the US and (was it AUS? that was also left out).

@Cristhian MLR if I got a box of plastic Terradons and a Bastilodon -?- you think that would be $85.°°? (I don't have either of those...)

I get the idea they are looking for an essay on one of their existing armies —not inventing a new army— am I wrong?

5. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Did they not do that shit one month ago?? And where are the winners? They were supposed to have been picked out on 6th April, and now they do another one?!? For more lies, no thanks.

6. pendrake
    Skink Priest

They did. BUT it was unavailable in some countries...a month ago (or whenever it was) it was Britain + Eurozone + ROW...I think.

£ & € were included but,

$US, $CDN, $OZ not so much?

I don't really remember exactly.

7. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Right, but if you were buying $85 worth if new models anyway ($100 in Canada) then it can't hurt to enter. And with your way with research and words you may have a decent chance of winning the up to $4000 worth of stuff.
    Also, I post my army ideas here all the time, so if GW wants to make a box set so you can buy it all in one shot why not?
    Though I can't see them promoting the mighty army of Bowser, I can see an amazing boxset in the future!
    Though I am hopelessly optimistic in all aspects, so take it with a grain of salt! ;)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
    Warden and Crowsfoot like this.
  8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

That's what I was talking about (pretty sure you are just kidding).

Yes, right now USA/Canada (except few states) and NZ are having their own contests because they were left out two monthus ago.

Meanwhile, next week WD there will be some updates for 40K and flyers. And WD teaser of the next week.

"CONSUME", that sounds like Tyranids, which is always good for me. Although, the Hive Mind does not sounds that. Ogres/Ogors maybe? That is also good for me.

Bowser likes this.
  9. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Oh, so it´s country specific :p
    But anyways where are the winners? :D

10. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Which 'states' are left out? Any idea why some are left out? (Why would GW do that...is it one of those except-where-prohibited-by-state-law deals?)

11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I think its reasons...

12. pendrake
    Skink Priest

:shifty: Made me dig for it...

Wonder what the deal is with AZ, CO, and ND..?

~~~~~~~edit~~~~~~~
    Nvrmnd, I think I found it: crowdspark.com/contest-entry-fees-check-your-state-and-local-laws/

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  13. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

http://blog.dota2.com/2016/04/warhammer-comes-to-the-dota-2-workshop/

Thats right, Dota will bring items inspired upon Warhammer for a new treasure chest (sets, companions), all of them being community-crated.

Pre-ordered copies will have exclusive versions of them.

Possibilities are just amazing, considering that we on Dota 2 already have a Chaos Knight. Weapons, skins/armors, mounts, damn, now I can actually preorder a game, and the critics until now have been positive.

There will be prizes too: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=195486
    Each winner will receive a package of the following SEGA games, available on Steam (subject to age, region, and legal restrictions that may apply to the particular winner):
    Total War: Warhammer
    Total War: Grandmaster Collection
    Dawn of War Franchise Pack
    SEGA will provide a key for the package of games after the winner completes any documentation required by SEGA. The winner is solely responsible for any taxes applicable to the prizes.

Not exactly a G-W-Only new, but hey, WHFB on PC. BTW, it seems that we will have Tyranids next week, so we some time to spare until the official competitive-mode rules for AoS.

Bowser likes this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

No, you can go for any models or paints they sell, you just need to let them know about your dream army, weather you want to mix and match, add to your existing army so on and so forth. Give them a compelling argument and any mods you're planning. Really could be any army for any reason.

15. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

So, this week we will get some reboxes for Death, specifically the "fleshier" monsters they have (in the end it was not a Tyranid release, and that hurts me. Here.).

They are the Flesh Eater Court (two weeks ago we had the Gutbusters, this is a downgrade your names are losing me GW), they will have their own battalion and will be composed of:

- Terrorgheist.
    - Crypt Horrors.
    - Vargheists.
    - Varghulf.
    - Crypt Ghouls.

One of the reboxes, however, have a discount, "King VlaGOREscu Ghoulish Host", which have every set I already mentioned on this post (two for Ghouls and Terrors) and will costs 125 pounds.

Thats actually interesing, even while I'm not a fan of Death I do like the ghoulish models. Also, Death have now the best deals GW can offer, two of this box, 3 Start Collecting Skeletons and 2 Start Collecting Malignants will make a huuuuge army with some healthy discounts. Hell, this prices could have been wonderous for WHF.

And the White Dwarf teaser already says "silver" and "quest". If that's not Silver Quest, then is a Grey Knights release.

Bowser likes this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

YUP! Stupid, stupid GW.

Jorgik likes this.
  17. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

So this Saturday we have the new reboxes for Death.

The Terrogheist/Zombie Dragon now have five subassemblies: just them with or without a Ghoul King riding them, and of course Vampire Lord on Dragon Zombie. They also include a little base so you can put your Ghoul King over a stone. Now, the "thing" is, that every configuration have different rules and abilities. Way to go.

Vargheits have three assemblies and Crypt Horrors have two, and we have a good value-box with every kits of the new Flesh-Eater Court, saving almost 50 pounds.

You should check the blog, this guys have a terrifying synergy, and there is also an interesing teaser:

18. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

19. Essmir
    Chameleon Skink

Essmir Well-Known Member

Wow these miniatures look asome all tho they could have skipped the horns on the zaangors. And the little familiar could possebly hang out whit my Lizards.

Jorgik and Bowser like this.
  20. pendrake
    Skink Priest

So are all these Silver Tower figures amped up in size to "SigmarScale"?