1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. BeardyGecko
    Ripperdactil

BeardyGecko Well-Known Member

Seems that resellers of GW are doing 20% off on preorders so it is more like 72 quid, still expensive but may be tempting...

Bowser likes this.
  2. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

So the Silver Tower expansion is here, and is not just 4 boxed miniatures, is actually an App that lets you play with almost every single "HQ" character from any faction, but you will have to pay for additional rules for each of them, almost 0.79 pounds for each one, and a bundle with every hero and 2 card packs costs 20 pounds, which I feel actually low, even for G-W:

Aspiring Deathbringer with Goreaxe and Skullhammer
    Assassin (Dark Elf)
    Battlesmith
    Black Ark Fleetmaster
    Bloodsecrator
    Bloodstoker
    Chaos Sorceror Lord
    Cogsmith
    Exalted Deathbringer with Impaler Spear
    Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe
    Great Bray-Shaman
    Grey Seer
    Grimwrath Berserker
    Grot Shaman
    Knight Azyros
    Knight Heraldor
    Knight Vexillor
    Lord of Chaos
    Lord Castellan
    Lord Celestant
    Lord Relictor
    Loremaster
    Necromancer
    Nomad Prince
    Orruk Warchanter
    Orruk Weirdnob
    Runelord
    Saurus Oldblood
    Savage Orruk Warboss
    Skaven Warlord
    Skink Starpriest
    Skullgrinder
    Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrath-Hammer
    Sorceress (Dark Elf)
    Unforged (Dragonslayer)
    Warden King
    Wight King

And there are no additional humies (shame, I'd ike to have a Witch Hunter here).

We also got the Silver Tower miniatures rules for free: https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-whquest-rules-en.pdf

And finally, I don't know when they implemented them, but there are new paint bundles with modest savings for base (11 pots, includes a small brush, saves you another pot), layer (20 pots, brush, saves you 3 pots) and drybrushing (10 pots, small brush, saves you another pot), with many colours. I'd prefer to see some customizable sets instead for these, so you don't have to buy paints that you won't really use.

3. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info!
    I may sound a bit demanding, but to me GW could have released the additional character rules for free:
    to me it wouldn't have been an absurdity, cause you still would have been forced to buy the Silver Tower box AND
    the miniature of your hero to play it.
    Was it really necessary to pay for its rules too?

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Remember that this is GW that you speak of. :joyful:

Freddy25 and BeardyGecko like this.
  5. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

This is GW adapting to the current videogaming companies' strats: anounce a new product, launch it incomplete and sell everything else for moh' moneh'.

Well, aside the supossed aelvish release for June/July rumor, there is a content drought, but there are some things worth to note:

First, the new Realms of Battle boards (haven't shared them before, like since a month ago, lol):

[​IMG]

I'm not really excited about them, really, maybe because how they painted it.

Now, this week we've got some actually interesing goodies for painting and basing:

For bases, we get some new textured bases based on Sector Imperialis Gameboard, which should save you lots of time texturing your bases, if you are interesed no them. The best of all is that all this packages costs 20 pounds, not cheap, sure, but a rather reasonable pricing for what it offers:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And GW also released new paints; three super shiny and pretty pointless copper, silver and golden paints, alongside three gloss washes:

[​IMG]

And three technical, "gem" paints: apply a layer of Stormhost Silver and one of this red, blue or green gel-paints:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The paints seems to work amazingly well, specially for us, Lizardmen/Seraphon players, and so for elvish/eldar players, even for Necrons. Too bad there are no yellow or purple equivalents yet.

n810, Warden, NIGHTBRINGER and 3 others like this.
  6. Fhanados
    Terradon

Fhanados Well-Known Member

I think your images are broken... Either that or my work internet hates me.

I'm really keen for the bases. I need to rebase my Chaos Marine army onto 32mm and for scenic bases the price is pretty reasonable.

7. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Dear Kroak, almost a month without AoS stuff to share...

Now, as lately we've got some Start Collecting for 40K, along with some modest deals with a new boxed game (with three bundles) using existing flyers to create dogfights (why dogfights? you know what creatures fights like that? actual "fly" insects) and tons of dices (you can have enough models, dices? don't think so).

But now we have a look to some AoS news:

From Facebook, a new boxed game:

A small boxed game for 2 to 4 players, with four Khorne models, dueling each other in an arena, at only $60 US, which is the price of two of those miniatures alone.

[​IMG]

Then, we are having tons of looks at Generals Handbook, the new competitive and narrative rules for AoS, in fact, BolS already summed up: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/breaking-aos-generals-handbook-in-hand.html

Well, I do like how there are lots and lots of new boxed games, I could grab the Khorne Arena, even when I would prefer the new Slaughterpriest over the one on this preview, I mean, its already on the expansion box for Silver Tower, but it will be released until September, so there is a chance to add the new one.

Until the next time.

n810 and Bowser like this.
  8. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

That new box set looks awesome, I am definitely liking the compatible board game releases. Hopefully they do a lot more!

9. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    n810 and Bowser like this.
  10. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

I am hoping for some new models! I hope with a big tournament scene and a living map they will produce some new models for the armies that are making a presence.

11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

Holy crap those models look really good man I hope we get new lizardmen this year...

Bowser likes this.
  12. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Way to start this week, not only we've got some amazing new models, now we also have:

The artifacts and weapons for every Alliance on the new General's Compendium: http://imgur.com/a/kKmsi

The point costs, min/max number of models per unit and roles for Seraphon, Sylvaneths and some Chaos Forces: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/aos-army-comp-rules-more-points-spotted.html

And we will get another Chaos Dreadhold piece, because as collectionists, you can have enough models, enough dices, but never enough skulls: http://imgur.com/ZPRO0N6

Skulls for the Skull CEO!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2016
    Freddy25, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  13. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Well, a long time with no posting, lets go part by part:

First, two some reminders: White Dwarf will be again a monthly magazine, and General's Handbook will be oout by 23rd of this month, and meanwhile the global summer campaing will be running.

Then, something quite old, but (and take this with a grain of salt) BolS (http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/06/gw-rumors-boardgames-are-just-ramping-up.html) says that not only Gorechosen is coming, but many more, the closer ones being Blood Bowl (we know of it since the last year) and Adeptus Titanicus: http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/adeptus-titanicus-horus-heresy-latest.html

Now not sure if I've already shared this, but GW blog showed a while ago a really cool basing for Silver Tower: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Webstore-Blog/2016/05/29/Warhammer-Quest-Basing

Also, there are some tutorials showing how to paint the newest Sylvaneth releases (I loved Alarielle's dress): https://www.games-workshop.com/en-WW/Webstore-Blog/2016/07/03/How-to-Paint-Sylvaneth

Finally, some teaser for the next releases; reboxing of the Bonesplitterz (Savage Orcs) and their Battletome (https://www.facebook.com/GWWarhamme...2117934985005/494998207363644/?type=3&theater), a new "catch-up" magazine, with 92-page about the first year of the game and a Liberator for free (well, its something) AND a new Boxed Game/Starter set, Storm of Sigmar (not an original title at all), which will feature 13 miniatures, being 5 Sigmarines and 8 Bloodbounds, the rules, dices, and all of it only for 20 pounds. 13 Citadel miniatures for that price, plus all the goodies, is quite cheap for GW http://forum.spikeybits.com/showthr...mors-Explosion&p=242730&viewfull=1#post242730).

Whoah, that was a lot, have a great one guys, until the next one!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  14. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

This is all very exciting! Really awesome stuff coming up!

15. Freddy25
    Kroxigor

Freddy25 Well-Known Member

Thank you a lot, @Cristhian MLR !
    This thread is wonderfully useful and awesome!!! :nurse:

Bowser likes this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

@Cristhian MLR
    What is a Liberator?

What (in this context) is a Bloodhound?

17. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Liberator is a Stormcast Eternal, I believe that you have misread BloodBound

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A Sigmarine in layman's terms.

Jorgik and Bracnos like this.
  19. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

man haters be tripping:p, broaden your horizons, let the past go, embrace the future...all hail the emperor:mad: .er :eek:um :oops:SIGMAR!!!o_O

Jorgik, Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Wouldn't that be narrowing our horizons? Everything basically boils down to Space Marines of some sort.

All the while, poor Tomb Kings get axed. :(