1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

And yet we had a Chaos Darkoath Chieftain doing exactly that in Silver Tower. If they can do that, then I'm sure they can think of a reason to side Death and Order together.

HOWEVER

I realised it's actually the model for the Dark Elf Fleetmaster. So no new models in the art; potentially no new models in the game. That would be disappointing.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Good point. But consider the pov of the vampire: those sigmarines are so paladinesque in their attitude, they would try to kill also him, maybe sooner than later... :p

Zirilian of the Claw likes this.
  3. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

The enemy of your enemy is your friend only as long as that enemy exists ;) I can see a Death-Order arrangement to route out a larger Chaos threat but turning on each other as soon as Chaos has been brought down.

*imagines a Quest box with Death and Order factions fighting against Chaos but with fragile alliance rules*

I'd welcome more Death models too. They have such a unique aesthetic and great imaginative potential for each of their armies, it's a shame they appear to be on the back leg for now.

4. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

There HAS to be a new model, at least one big, cool model for a boss fight. I mean, what dungeon crawler dosen't have one? half of the villian cast (and a third from the hero cast) from Silver Tower didn't appeared on the front cover, and it would be weird to have only two

Personally I'm hoping for they to add a Slaughterbrute, or perhaps a Chimera; a big monster is always good for a game like this.

And you should read the full article; this game is full Order vs. Chaos, because Chaos is trying to reclaim one of the cities founded on the las Season of War (and that is totally awesome).

But that being said, Destruction and Death forces also failed to gain one of the cities last season, and that means that they could also get a new WQ, campaing and even an update. Death really need to get some good stuff soon, Destruction can (but dey'z ain' wantin') a bit more; Ironjawz, Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raider are on a good spot, the last two specially since they've got artifacts and traits. But Death only have Fleash-Eaters Courts, worst yet, they don't have any exclusive rules yet.

But I'm sure that GW is working on that, I mean have you seen this month? they pumped up hard both AoS and 40K, and they will keep the pump on during February too!

OH!, also, to close January with a golden clasp: Start Collecting! Daemons of Tzeentch is on the way!

Bowser likes this.
  5. Zirilian of the Claw
    Saurus

Zirilian of the Claw Well-Known Member

Where did you see the Start Collecting for Tzeentch?

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

7. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

What is going on with the Cast-On-Demand (or whatever they called it) program? Did it quietly go away?

8. Captaniser
    Carnasaur

Captaniser Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Looks pretty cool.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

10. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I see this and all I'm thinking is I hope the riders legs are not molded attached to the mount. If they aren't I might make some Wolf mounted stormcast....or lion...

Zirilian of the Claw and Bowser like this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And you could probably sell the mounts for a pretty penny on Ebay.

12. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Woah, I can barely see the differences between both posts!

Well, surprise, I like the Stormcasts, I liked the Lord-Achilor quite a lot, but I didn't liked this mount quite a lot, it needs far more feathers Imo, and those horns? lol nope, but I can see they have hooves instead paws on the back limbs. And the paint job here does NOT help, it looks far more like a plucked chick/cub griffon than an adult individual.

Is this a big demyhippogryph, or should I name it "gryraffe"?

But this guys look friggin' awesome!:.

[​IMG]

There is also a new ranged unit, who looks quite better than the previous Judicators for me. That raptor bird is lovely and their ballistas are using a support pole, which adds a cool and a thin realism layer, although... yeah, the poles could've been even better, but still the weapons themselves look awesome.

[​IMG]

Finally, this week's Rumour Engine: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/01/25/rumour-engine/

Looks like a back view of a Chaos Terminator, but there lots of people expecting to see Abaddon soon... we should keep our eyes keen open.

The funny part? next week is february. ;)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Slanputin, Warden and Bowser like this.
  13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Looks like he beat me to the punch! o_O

14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

:shifty: I feel like they are trying to bribe me into liking Age of Skirmish by making it all about griffons, Gryph this, Gryph-that...

:sorry:
    I can't dislike these creatures [...because gryphon...] but I liked the Gryph/hounds better.

Bowser, Warden and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Do not fall to the dark Jar Jar side of the force! ;)

Warden likes this.
  16. pendrake
    Skink Priest

There's three sides to the force...! :cyclops: No wonder those darksiders are always so grumpy.

Bowser and Warden like this.
  17. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

That creature looks kinda like a skinny Bretonnian hippogryph without wings... could work with a conversion.

Don't forget the storms...

Bowser likes this.
  18. pendrake
    Skink Priest

Huh. What?

The Stormcaste dudes? Those are a disincentive.

This latest Gryph creature also seems to be suffering from a case of Roided Out Minotaurean Muscle Syndrome (ROMMS). First seen in late eighth edition minotaur kits ROMMS manifests as lumpy musculature which seems to have no skin covering, additionally the muscles appear twisted and distorted. It is an infestation which seems to be spreading from one model kit to the next. The transmission vector is not known.

Warden, Bowser and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  19. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Chaos mutation? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the balistas' dudes are cool.

Bowser likes this.
  20. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

I actually like the aesthetic of the incredibly steroid addicted Warriors, creatures, Woodlands lol it makes it feel like these things have had no time for rest and relaxation just constant combat 24/7 all the time stay tuned to this channel to see more... but I don't like in the new chaos models they just seem to put random skull sticking out all places

As it is I'm still new to this hobby only been in about a year so i dont have nostalgia goggles fogging up my enjoyment of the new line

Jorgik and Bowser like this.