1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

oh good. it's been far to long since aelves or slaneesh have gotten anything.

2. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Best box by far imo is OBR. Couple of those and katakros and you have a pretty competitive list(by obr standards). Katakros, little heroes, double catapult, some praetorians, some battleline and a monster or 2.

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

And Vampires. GW just had to rub our noses in those three armies didn't they?

Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.
  4. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

well at the very least it only their 2 release in the resent past instead of their 3rd or 4rth.

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I was wondering how long it would take you to enter the fray with an anti-vampire quip. ;)

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Blood knights are always nice, especially with a discount, so it really boils down to: how many skellies and zombies do you already have?
    I don’t think i will buy it, but for me that particular box would be a great value

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Actually Vampire Counts have been blessed with a significant amount of favouritism from GW ever since 4th, with an army book for every edition of Fantasy since then (High Elves are the only other army to have won such attention) and two big model releases in 8th Edition. 1st and most of 2nd Edition AoS proved to be a respite, but it didn’t last long, and now they’re everywhere, with GW slipping in a Vampire model or joke wherever you look.

8. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Also, they made manfred the reason for the end times succeeding.

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I mean, most of 2nd edition AoS was filled with undeath regardless, so I'd say that'd still count given the extend to which those can be fielded as a unified army.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

i don't know how any of that matters as the qualifying word was "resent" i don't count our 8th releases so im not going to count theirs.

11. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Hell yeah!!!!

Screenshot_20211122-174327_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20211122-174351_Instagram.jpg

New models for MESBG. Rulewise they already existed but they never had a model. I am happy with the designs :woot::woot:

Grrr, Imrahil

Just A Skink and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  12. Killer Angel
    Slann

Ohhh, nice!!! :):)

Imrahil likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

o neat, been a while since they had something major. Makes me want to try them again.

Imrahil likes this.
  14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Meh, given there are only 6 of them they'll most likely be Forge World so they'll be expensive (if they'd been a plastic set of 12 or 24 I'd have been a lot more interested). To be fair though, the way GW's plastics are going, the price gap between them and Forge World is shrinking fast, and not in the way I'd like.

Also, is it me or do GW seem obsessed with humans from Lord of the Rings specifically? Because I've seen nothing from The Hobbit in recent times and the only non-human LOTR models that have appeared recently are the plastic Treebeard and the Forge World Dain II and Thorin III (who admittedly do look great). The only problem I have with Lord of the Rings (and conversely the main reason I like the Hobbit films) is that LoTR focuses too much on humans for my liking, and the actual fantasy races are just guest stars, which starts to get a little dull as it goes on, a trend that's bucked in both the Hobbit novel and films. I certainly hope GW don't get too enthusiastic about humans for the former route otherwise Middle Earth releases will become equally as dull, if not more.

Canas and Imrahil like this.
  15. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

True I fear about the costs but I like the models ;)

Last release featured the Witch king on foot and mounted (alright he was a human on one point).
    I think that they are currently filling in gaps that were left by the original releases of LOTRSBG and later MESBG to be fair there are not that many releases in for MESBG in a year, so mostly I am glad there are any :)

Grrr, Imrahil

16. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Didn't they just releasea bunch of ring wraith related stuff?

And in fairness, LOTR doesn't do all that much with it's fantasy aspect to begin with. The fantasy races aren't all that distinct from humans and quite a lot of the important kingdoms are human at this point. It's that sauron still mostly uses orcs, but the other active factions are basicly just the human kingdoms plus like a 100 actually active elves.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It looks like Tau’s been announced as the next 40K faction to get an update after Custodes and Genestealer Cults. Our resident Ethereal @Lizerd will be pleased:
    https://www.warhammer-community.com...ow-the-next-three-codexes-improve-your-units/
    Though personally I’m rather pissed that Tyranids are most likely going to be dead last in the line of Xenos releases if not faction releases in general, in particular given a couple of particularly Tyranid-y rumour engines have circulated in the
    past year and that the current theme of Octarius was the perfect time to give them a release opposite the Ork Codex, though of course now they’ve changed that campaign to be just another Armageddon.

Lizerd and Imrahil like this.
  18. Killer Angel
    Slann

me too!
    the new pulse rifle is really nice. :)

Lizerd likes this.
  19. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

Indeed, it is excellent news for a faction that has been struggling, and that new pulse rifle has a mean stat line. That ap all of a sudden means a whole lot more is now easy pickings for a gunned up blob of fire warriors

a fun combo I’ve dreamt up: 10 man Vior’la fire team with some marker light support and a cadre fire blade. Full marker light support and the double shoot stratagem and you could quite feasibly get a monstrous 60 s5 ap -1 shots :D:D

Killer Angel likes this.
  20. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yeah, but we cannot count on old combo still available ;)

Lizerd likes this.