1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

upload_2023-10-14_7-23-4.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-25-34.png

A lovely kit if you ask me.

2. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

upload_2023-10-14_7-33-24.png

PLASTIC STRIKING SCORPIONS!

upload_2023-10-14_7-37-17.png

The current new Scouts.

upload_2023-10-14_7-38-7.png

And terrain.

3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

They want to push horses down our throats. Fine.

upload_2023-10-14_7-42-1.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-43-58.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-44-38.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-45-36.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-46-38.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-48-17.png

upload_2023-10-14_7-48-49.png

Peasants are coming back. Returning metal kits, like the Trebuchet, for this and other armies, are returning in resin. *Cries in shit dragons*.

TOW will be one of the first releases in 2024.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Admech discovered STC for stilts? :meh:

5. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

About par the course for a model range that features a lot of Da Vinci nonsense despite supposedly representing the most technologically advanced subset of the Imperium.

6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Could agree, but those ones look cool.
    This one looks silly, imo

7. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Stiltari looks pretty dumb imo. I'm liking the Brettonian stuff but sad that it appears that most of it will end up being resin and thus way too expensive to make a full army out of. :(

Which dragons are you talking about?

8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

This and it's hineous kin:

[​IMG]

I had no doubts that they would make the new kind of TW infintely improved dragons, like they did the new Pegasus rider. Now I can't sleep sound in the night knowing they might just recast these disgraces in resin.

9. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I feel sorry for Wood Elves not getting a plastic Dragon in 8th Edition when Dark Elves got one and High Elves got one as far back as 7th. They deserve to get that much in TOW when they eventually get a model release.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

@Mrs. NIGHTBRINGER loves that old school Wood Elves dragon.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

That's great if she does, but most people agree that it is on the dated side, particularly with its 'grr face' waving arms. It could do with a new sculpt in the league of the Dark Elf Black Dragon.

12. Killer Angel
    Slann

And with reason, it was a good model

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, I kinda like some of the silly nonsense the admech got. It's a weird steampunky mix that somehow works.
    In that sense, putting one on stilts is kinda funny and it somehow fits in with the others, at least visually.

Having said that, it being a literal skitari on stilts is a bit lame. I like it visually, but how is it supposed to work as a "special" soldier? What about this is better than a regular skitari? Not to mention, how is this better than the existing Admech walkers which can carry some heavier guns?

ChapterAquila92 likes this.
  14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Imotekh definitely needed a plastic model, and this one is a good rendition of the character.

Also I'm interested to see what other Necron goodness GW have planned. Even if it's plastic resculpts of other existing characters (of which there are a few who still need such attention - Trazyn, Orikan, Zhandrekh, Obyron and Anrakyr), it'll still be welcome.

It doesn't look like it according to the article, but it's a new character, so it's something to expand the Admech roster.

Stormcast... boring... moving on.

Ugh, not another new Sylvaneth model :shifty:. Well at least it's a Kurnoth Hunter, one of the less ugly aspects of the Sylvaneth range (mainly because it follows the aesthetic of the 8th Edition Wood Elf Forest Spirit models).

A much-needed remake of a staple, previously Finecast, Craftworld Eldar unit. And in a box of 10 this time, rather than the poor-value 5-model boxes that were released for Howling Banshees and Dark Reapers.

Apart from having better face sculpts than the previous kit, another unnecessary sizing up of previous Firstborn Marine kits to fit with Primaris.

Good to see Bretonnians getting lots of attention, they deserve it after playing second-fiddle to the pathetic Empire for so many years. Those new Foot Knights are great. However I'm very concerned at the mention of the old kits being double-size like the re-released Horus Heresy Mk III and IV Space Marines, both for the significant increase in price (though at least you will get a good lot of models for it unlike similarly-priced AoS and 40K kits) and the worrying implication that TOW will be another edition trying to market big units, particularly for elite armies like Dwarfs and Elves for which such large units are unnatural and heretical.

And making those new characters in Forge World Resin is needless when they could be made in plastic and thus be made more customisable (especially as GW plastic kits are rising to meet the prices of Forge World detritus anyway, rather than the reverse as it should be).

Not particularly impressed by this because a Forge World resculpt, for only a small improvement in resin quality, will come with a vastly increased price tag. But maybe this will be just a placeholder until they can make plastic versions of these. I live in hope.

Finally we have a release date, and sooner than I had thought it would be at this point in time (I was still dreading a wait until July 2025). I look forward to seeing further articles on it during the rest of the year.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

nod.gif

16. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

When can I download my PDF rules, that's what I wanna know.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

By which you surely mean a purchased physical copy in order to support the game that you are so very excited about! ;)

Karnus likes this.
  18. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

To be fair I'm pretty excited about The Old World, but I'm expecting all the resin models to be overly expensive and I'm not looking forward to having to rebase so many models. I certainly have more than enough Seraphon to use in ToW, but it's really going to depend on how difficult it is to rebase them. But at least it gives me an excuse to get some of the new Saurus Warriors to use in AoS and rebase old ones for ToW...

19. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

I thought Karnus was referring to the free rules PDFs for the non-core factions/armies.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I was thinking about the main rules.