GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

He rules...

He's cool...

But most importantly...

He can command and demand all in a single sentence :cool:;)

Seriously though, it's just one copy-paste typo in a whole article, I'm sure I've seen others in previous Warhammer Community articles, for a variety of subjects.

ChapterAquila92 and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  2. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Over the years I've seen such errors in army books, codexes, White Dwarf articles, on the websites and in BL publications. It's just GW being GW at this point.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Whelp, whenever i have disposable income again. Bow ushabti and tomb guard ahoy.

I'm also going to get a unit of necro knights as a matter of principle. I fubar'd construction of my original set of 3 and have never forgiven myself.

6. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Here it comes everyone! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

Certainly I'm going to grab the rulebook first and foremost, though I'm humming and hawing over whether to get the Forces of Fantasy and Ravening Hordes books as soon as they come out too, or whether to just wait for the Arcane Journals of the armies I play to arrive.

I'll be interested to see the new prices for the Necrosphinx and Sepulchral Stalkers. I hope they won't go up too much from what they cost in the 8th era. Also I hope packing in another 10 Tomb Guard into their box won't trigger too much of a price increase. Still, I'm going to have to use all my strength to resist the urge to buy some of the newer Tomb King models (at least until my 6 current armies are complete anyway...).

Love the fact that Settra's now going to be on an Arachnarok base, he'll now be much easier to rank up with Chariot units.

Interesting that they're returning a lot of Finecast models to metal (potentially including sculpts that originated in Finecast like that newer Liche Priest), though I'm a little miffed that the new Tomb Swarms are going to be Forge World Resin, they could easily have been plastic.

Not too pleased to see that there will be 56 common Magic Items in TOW, I was hoping they'd go back to the proper system of large numbers of race-specific Magic Items and only a small pool of generic ones, but I mustn't grumble like a Longbeard, plenty of stuff I was hoping for has appeared in the game. It's not a deal-breaker in any case.

Oh, and Modular Movement Trays are back!!!!!
    Excellent, I managed to scavenge one new pack that was still on sale in an independent retailer a few years ago, but I still feel I need to make a few more configurations of trays. The return of this kit is certainly something I wasn't expecting but am eager to take advantage of.

I'd love to see if I can get down to my nearest GW around the time TOW drops to get into some demo games and buy my copy of the rulebook, though having other things on Saturdays means I'll just have to see.

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  7. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

It looks like the rulebook and forces books are a package deal.

Regarding the swarms, thats a 10k (high end estimate for GW since they are completely in house, but still a significan amount) to make them a plastic sprue. For a unit that wouldn't sell in bulk.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

So am I correct in thinking that to play a TK force with their full compliment of rules you'd need the Main Rules + Ravening Hordes + TK Arcane Journal? Or does the TK Arcane Journal include everything TK related from the Ravening Hordes book?

I'll admit that this is check in the win column for TOW in comparison with the outdated 8th edition standard.

We're in agreement, I like the old race-specific magic item system better too.

The Jar Jar fan club meeting can't be postponed or skipped for a week or two? :p

They're pretty ugly models anyways.

9. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

The new swarms aren't ugly at all. Why would you think they're ugly? They're updated scopes, and they have increased presence and dynamic movement from the cloud effect they've got going with the keppra beetles. They are vastly superior to the old flat swarms, though I do wish they had redone regular skeleton warriors instead.

10. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Not something I would ever buy and include in my TK army. They look strange and very oddly posed with those tentacle-like projections.

An absolutely terrible model in my opinion, but to each their own.

11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

They aren't tentacles. Its similar to how a cloud of scarabs moves and undulates. I can understand how it looks like tentacles though.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I know they are not tentacles, I said they were:
    I know what they're supposed to represent, but they look absolutely awful. I would hate to have such hideous models in my army.

13. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Well I know what I'm setting aside part of my tax refund for.

14. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

http://www.theoldworld.com/ So after looking at the map on this site, I'm willing to wager that Chaos Dwarfs are going to get a full on army list, probably after some time. Given that Kislev is likely to be added, I can see Chaos Dwarfs being added as to sort of balance out the roster.

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

In contrast, GW won't get one single dollar off of me for any of these releases! My wallet is safe!

16. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

The latter - a dedicated Tomb King player who only wants to play that one army would only need to buy the rulebook and the Arcane Journal book for their army, as per Army Books from previous editions.

What, with me as the sole member and chairman? I think it can afford to take a break for a few weeks :p

In seriousness, I play tennis and sometimes golf at weekends when I can manage it (have to get some constructive exercise in after a 5-day working week of sitting at a desk testing software ;)), and that may delay when I can head down to my nearest GW and get into TOW. But then I have been known to skip sessions to go to Wargames Conventions so in the name of hobbling I could once again take a break from it with a clear conscience.

I'm honestly surprised you dislike such big improvements to the old models, but to each their own.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I'd be surprised if that was the case, I'm sure when Horus Heresy was released they released the rulebook and army list books separately (though they released the rulebook on its own sometime after the initial boxed game release).

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Certainly it sounds like they might be a future release, especially if it was tied to a big army release in AoS, as of course unlike all the other non-focus factions, the Dawi-Zharr never had a full, complete army range, just a Forge World mini-range. If the map extends as far east to Cathay, you're going to get lots of questions if the factions in between Cathay and the Old World (Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres) don't get anything. As for Ogres, I'm wondering if GW are waiting for them to get an AoS model refresh before bringing them back to TOW, as much of their line is dominated by 6th Edition-era plastics and metal/Finecast models.

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I guess anything is possible, but for the time being, I'm taking GW at their word. The Chaos Dwarfs are unfortunately not among the 9 featured armies, so will only get useless free pdf rules. That said, I'd be happy to see them added to the game down the road.

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann