1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I think it would be nicer if the embroidery was made with gold thread.

2. Padre
    Stegadon

Padre Well-Known Member

IMHO, the best thing we can do to ensure that the Lizardmen, Skaven, VC, and other core factions get added to the game is to play them, preferably in store. Buy the rulebook and start playing. Show GW that there is significant interest in the game. Also, tournament legal primarily means at GW. Your local tournament can allow them if the TO says so. I suspect that most local tournaments will allow them.

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

...or play a game that already has them fully included.

I happen to know of one. :cool:

Padre likes this.
  4. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

So what is up with the Pre-Orders being sold out? I would have believed the whole point of pre-orders was to gauge how many box sets to produce. How big follow-on production runs should be?

I followed a link on Monday(?) checked it just four days later it says Temporarily OOStock(?)

5. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Scalpers be scalping, yo!

Jokes aside, while I can't say I'm surprised by GW being short-stocked on new releases anymore, I really wish they'd figure out that pre-orders should be about determining how much initial stock they need to make for customers and not this limited-run early-bird crap.

Hell, you could extend that to the rest of their business model! There's really no reason for GW to force customers to put money down on a given product when and only when it's in stock.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  6. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

Noxolotl likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

"Those lucky enough to attend the Warhammer: The Old World launch event at Warhammer World in Nottingham this weekend will get the first look at the next army due for release!"

Any guesses?

Fingers crossed for some Wood Elves.

Not my cup of tea.

Imrahil likes this.
  8. Krox_v.2
    Razordon

Krox_v.2 Well-Known Member

I saw some folks on reddit guessing Dwarfs based on the leaked dice.

9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I suppose that is the best lead we have at the moment.

10. WildColonial Boy
    Salamander

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

BOLS suggested that the reason some of these armies are not getting the TOW treatment is because they have already had the AOS treatment.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Not the poor forgotten Chaos Dwarfs.

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  12. WildColonial Boy
    Salamander

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

We got the TREATMENT years ago....

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

That's my best guess, and what I'm hoping for. It should either be Dawi or their long-time enemies, da Greenskinz.

I've certainly seen a lot worse sculpts, from that era and newer. I think he's pretty good myself, and of course it's great to hear that other models that had greens made but not moulds could be in the pipeline too.

Sounds incorrect to me, Warriors of Chaos had a big AoS model update last year and yet are in both games.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Legion of Azgorh?

I can't see too many units of that model being sold.

Could it be an issue of compatibility then? The WoC AoS update is compatible with ToW, while the others might not be.

Or perhaps you simply can't have a Warhammer fantasy game without a Warriors of Chaos army. They are extremely integral to the setting.

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I doubt it, I would actually say, ignoring new characters for both, the new Vampire range, for example, has more compatible models than the new Warriors of Chaos range has (the Ogroid models for instance have little use in a Warhammer Fantasy Chaos Warrior army, they are far too big and bulky to reflect Chaos Ogres and can't pass off as anything else) and yet one has been sidelined while the other has not.

Possibly, but there would also be many advocates of the notion that Vampires are equally as integral.

I honestly think that, while part of the decision-making was based on preserving those factions that have been booted out from AoS (which is why Bretonnians and Tomb Kings have been put in biggest focus thus far, and why High Elves are still in the game despite living miles away from the Old World), other decisions as to which factions were to be included were simply arbitrary ones, perhaps made on-the-fly, as to which factions the design team wanted to focus on when getting TOW off the ground and which ones they were happy to shelve for the known future. That's the best explanation I can think of.

Something of note, though, is how there are some special rules and lore snippets that relate to non-focus factions in the rulebook - I've read at least one piece of lore on the Lizardmen (referring to the Geomantic Web), and at least one universal special rule specifically designed for Daemons. It's be a daft idea to include these titbits for these factions and then just exclude them indefinitely.

I definitely think there must be some sort of long-term plan here that we just don't know about yet, quite possibly dependent on how the game and it's models sell.

Blastoize likes this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I strongly disagree with the notion that the VC are as integral as the WoC. Chaos are the big bad of Warhammer fantasy, while the VC are more of a fringe faction. The main threat to the old world (and especially to the Empire, who a liken to a viewpoint character) is, has been and will always be Chaos. Someone in TOW needs to carry the Chaos banner and the Beastmen don't cut it (for the record, either would the Chaos Dwarfs, in fact, even less so). Excluding the WoC in Warhammer fantasy would be like excluding the Chaos Space Marines in 40k.

If they do have something in the works, then it was a massive error to openly cast aside the other factions. I think a fair number of people may have been turned off by that decision. On a personal note, it was an instant game killer for me. The second I read that, I knew that TOW was not for me.

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

The next release can't be too far off.

20. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It shouldn't be, as it will most likely be previewed on Saturday.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.