1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

J.Logan Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to think wood elves will, as the wood elves never had a transition to AoS where any older concepts would have been recycled back when.

Beastmen, maybe... I can see that one going either way. They did have a direct transition, but they also weren't given much attention.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Closest they got were those butt ugly Sylvaneth, but that is more of an offshoot.

J.Logan likes this.
  3. - Q -
    Slann

- Q - Well-Known Member

And what are we guessing... a character or two or a new/updated unit?

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

As a guess, I'd put my money on a character or two at best. The TOW rollout has been pretty modest in terms of effort and miniatures.

J.Logan likes this.
  5. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

My understanding is that GeeDubs are mostly just pulling up old unused concepts from the vaults. The paladin hero was certainly that. The foot knights less so, but they also got a fairly lukewarm reaction from what I saw, based on using modern GeeDubs design philosophy, so eh.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It's all pretty low effort.

J.Logan likes this.
  7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

It only just registered to me that the Warriors of Chaos are actually using their 2005(?) models. Which, considering they're the same role as the modern ones, I am a little nonplussed by.

On the other hand... those shields are nice and easier for conversions to non-Chaos than the modern AoS warriors, so I can't complain. Just file off the eight-pointed star and you have a solid shield design for conversion purposes.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I like the basic Chaos Warrior models. I still think they hold up well today. They look especially good ranked up, as they are intended to be. The Chaos Ogres on the other hand are pretty butt ugly... but it's easy to convert regular Ogres.

10. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I don't think but... is there any model you may need for your 8th army?

11. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

You don't like the Chaos Warriors models? What's not to like?

I suppose, technically... yes. There are models that I'm missing from my range (or don't have enough of), but they are usually models with subpar rules (dragon ogres) or something strong like a Chimera, where I'm not a fan of the model itself. At the moment, I have no intention of picking up any new models.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Nah, my "i don’t think but" was "i don’t think (you will need more models) but" :p

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  14. - Q -
    Slann

- Q - Well-Known Member

Ready for the roadmaps. Bring it on GW!

15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It could go either way to be honest... I hope both get a new plastic something though, as neither of them have an AoS plastic range or such a mass of units to be rereleased for TOW as Warriors do. Apart from the Bretonnian Foot Knights, the plastic releases for TOW so far have always been characters riding something (Bone Dragon Khemric Titan proxy, Duke on Pegasus, Lord on Shieldbearers), so I'm calling a plastic Beastlord/Bray-Shaman on Tuskgor/Razorgor Chariot for the Beastmen and a Glade Lord on Warhawk for Wood Elves. Probably overly optimistic but we can dream :D

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I'm still holding out for the slim chance that the Wood Elves get either plastic wardancers, great eagles, warhawk riders or waywatchers. Your guess is more realistic though!

17. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

19. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

20. J.Logan
    Chameleon Skink

Wait .. Hold on... Was that it? That's not a road map, c that's a vague 'oh yeah, and stuff'. With the sights of the Chaos release, I was hoping that would mean the Empire and High Elf releases would be by the end of this year, maybe as a December release to finish off the year. And then for next year the road map should have revealed the intended first campaign book and a tease.

Wait... No mention of the wood elves or beastmen...? My gawd... This is not a roadmap... This is a doodle in crayon on a used napkin.

Edit: I was sincerely hoping that all the core factions would be released by the end of the year, if for no other reason then to have all the armies available ASAP. I hate HAAATE the whole staggered faction release. I've said it before, but I hated getting the Seraphon battletome only for the new edition of AoS to be announced months later, while other factions got to enjoy years of their rules (errata notwithstanding). Was it really too much to ask for that when the majority of the models are older molds that we can get everybody tabled and arcane journal'd before the game hits a year?

Canas and NIGHTBRINGER like this.