1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GW News: SKAVEN VICTORY! #NewAoS

Discussion in 'General Hobby/Tabletop Chat' started by Cristhian MLR, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

12595953_10153549627393546_1893871324_n.jpg

2. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

More khorne?? They´ve been doing khorne (with the exception of the end times nurgle stuff) since 2013!! :mad:
    And are we not included in the order book? I thought lizards were considered order

3. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

Cristhian MLR Well-Known Member

Of course there are Seraphon, they are Sigmar's Right Hand, but just like every other Grand Alliance, they divided the classic faction into additional and unnecesary subfactions.

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

GW really does love Khorne... almost as much as Space Marines.

5. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Corn for the Korn god. :stop::punch:

PhoenixTheCat likes this.
  6. little-myth
    Carnasaur

little-myth Well-Known Member

I'm out of bowls for all these Khorneflakes they are giving us, nice models though but they are just rubbing these all over us... Are they coming with Bloodbound Extremis book? :p
    Still crossing claws, haven't got our Saurus on foot and the Priestly Trappings Priest yet, unless they are just teasing us. If they do release some Seraphon models, I think we may get a huge model. Similar to Archaon and the Star Drake, I see a pattern with big models with some releases.

7. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

Since they released the Tau big battle suit in the 400th WD (when it was still monthly, I think around in 2013, they´ve just been releasing big models. Each time bigger and bigger. At this pace we could expect GW producing FW size and FW will have to start to make literarily kid-sized models (You could see it in the new titan they released)

8. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

I don't think that "priestly trappings" will be real, just like lots of other rules, for example, now there are 3 Exalted Champions of Chaos, models, one with shield, on with two axes, and one Nurgled, but they all use the same scroll (the two axes one).

However I want to believe in that we will get a new dino at some point, either a sauropod, or maybe an actual Stegosaurus.

9. little-myth
    Carnasaur

True, but it bugs me seeing the model on a round base sitting there in plain sight.
    Oh well, only time will tell as usual.

10. StealthKnightSteg
    Razordon

StealthKnightSteg Well-Known Member

11. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

well shit thats a lot of units...i wounder what they will release instead

12. Cristhian MLR
    Troglodon

GW will release Grand Alliance: Order tomorrow. We will see. Today there are 92 miniatures, some really olds ones are under the axe, almost every "choose one of two" sets are staying. Meanwhile, Bretonnia is officially out of the range, the only thing left are the Warscrolls.

I call'd it, those disgraceful dragons are out (Dreadlord on Black Dragon is the only classic Dragon that will stay, not a surprise, aswell HE royalty Dragons).

As a little extra: [​IMG]

Orcs and Goblins on round bases, BUT, there are Leadbelchers on the background too. Next month we will have a major Destruction release

And, more important news, I finally ordered two boxes of Start Collecting: Seraphon and Tau.

Now just to wait for they to call my name as one of the winners :D

n810, Bracnos and Bowser like this.
  13. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Bye bye bretonnians I shall miss you.... although honestly this is probably for the best.

14. pendrake
    Skink Priest

pendrake Well-Known Member

Can't LIKE that sentiment...:confused:

How is it "for the best" ?

15. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

I agree. How is the discontinuation of bretonnia for the best?! Imagine it was one of your armies that you really wanted to complete. How is that good?

16. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

That´s because the guys in GW changed all the bases of all their models. They´ve been in round bases since they released AoS. I bet the lack of new models the week before the AoS release was because every single White Dwarf Team member spent the whole week changing bases...

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  17. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

They have army painters they paint all the rank and file models I bet they got the job of swapping bases

HeirofCarnage and Bowser like this.
  18. little-myth
    Carnasaur

Damn even the two metal dragons for elves. Even cavalry?
    Well me trying to finish my Dark Elves is going to push the deadline further. Unless they have hidden tricks up their sleeves.

19. Bracnos
    Carnasaur

Bracnos Well-Known Member

So I've been taking a close look at all the models that there discontinuing. Then it seems like all the ones that are getting rid of our either really old resin kits or old metal figures that really don't sell that well. So I went to the Games Workshop over here is the guys over there are usually pretty cool cuz I know I don't know much about the game and in the world. So I asked the manager is there a reason besides fluff that they're getting rid of all these old models. So she told me that the more than likely reason is one of the companies trying to move away from expensive tin and those resin kits that seem to have gotten a lot of bad reviews. And later on and say maybe a few years or more. they might bring them back when they get around to creating new injection molds/looks for these out dated models...or they could just go they way of the old (and I did not know of this) all slann army from way back

20. Acrocanth
    Razordon

Acrocanth Well-Known Member

Ok let me try again and break some thoughts up. I like the bretonians but they hadn't had an update since... 6th edition? Similarly many of the models on the block are on the older end of things, old special characters (26/92), boxes that had been around since 6th edition and probably weren't selling that well. There also some things like 3/4 dark elf sorceress models where it was 1 plastic one they'd sell in stores and 3 resin ones they had online. So it mostly seems like a needed pruning of the lines.

As long as they're going forward with the age of sigmar thing it makes sense to stop some of these and maybe try to revitalize these armies as smaller groups. So that seems for the best as a business decision, although they ruined much of the lore I enjoyed for the Lizardmen I'm not really opposed to a shake up of the status quo.

Also I suppose I also have a different feeling about out of print models then I would have a month ago as that's mostly what I've been buying lately. If I want to finish off my bretonians with a couple units I feel it's missing I can just add it to the list of 5th ed lizardmen I'm still looking for. They couldn't really keep the bretonian stuff in stock anyway, I'd already been looking for a couple bretonian things online as the store had been out of stock for a while.

It's sad to see you go but "momento mori" all things must come to an end, the models still exist if you want to track em down and maybe they'll do something interesting with the other order lines, probably not but I try to stay optimistic.