1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Handlers brought back with regrowth AFTER monster reaction

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Phragonist, May 23, 2013.

1. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

Re: Handlers brought back with regrowth AFTER monster reacti

How does it work on a Steg after the crew is dead? Wouldn't it be similar?

What if there are 3 Salamanders in the unit, 1 dies and then all the handlers die. You now have 2 Salamanders and no handlers. You would not regrow the dead Salamander and could there for not return the unit to its starting number before re-growing handlers.

It has been a long time since I played my Lizards, so I am a little rusty on them.

2. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

Yes, I believe it would work the same. The same issues/arguments would come into play whether you are talking about bringing back riders or handlers.

Even if you are working on the assumption that Regrowth cannot bring back handlers, it could still bring back a dead Salamander from a unit that started out 3-strong. The dead salamander would be treated as any other multi-wound rank-and-file model under the spell description.

3. SanDiegoSurrealist
    Ripperdactil

SanDiegoSurrealist New Member

You are correct I was thinking of Life Bloom, the Lore Attribute.

4. Dyvim Tvar
    Razordon

Dyvim Tvar New Member

Pondering further, I think that there is a better case to be made for being able to bring back Steg crew with Regrowth since it is not subject to the language in the Monsters and Handlers rules that the monster is the extent of the unit.

That being said, I think that the language of Regrowth (post errata) can bring back either handlers or steg crew.

5. PlasmaDavid
    Kroxigor

PlasmaDavid Active Member

+1 to "rules that make sense" instead of trying to tie down RAW loopholes etc.

Personally I'd say that since they're not really models as much as they are "markers" as specified by the codex, they don't regen. (also the handlers have probably been EATEN AND DIGESTED)