1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Have never played a game of any type of Warhammer, just painted models. Need lists for what I have!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Chase_Observes, May 14, 2021.

1. Chase_Observes
    Jungle Swarm

Chase_Observes New Member

Okay, so my story is a lot like most everyone else's, I collected some Lizardmen when I was 13 and now I'm 32 and am buying new models for AoS. I really really just want to PLAY a freaking game, but I'm so confused about Battalions, synergies, what to build and how to build it, that I feel totally lost and paralyzed by analysis paralysis. Can any of you more experienced Seraphon masters just give me some basic lists to run with the models I have, OR just give me some direction on what to buy next so I can have some direction in my life haha.

MODELS I OWN:

Start Collecting: Seraphon
    • I have built and painted all 12 of the Saurus Warriors, I didn't know anything about unit sizes at the time. I can hack off some weapons and do some conversions if needed. I have seen the amazing conversions thread regarding this box, but only discovered it like 2 days ago and was a little late.
    • The Carnosaur and all of the Knights except one are still on sprue
    Skink Starpriest

Celestial Stampede Box Set

Starblood Stalkers set from Warhammer Underworlds
    • I know these guys have their own (underwhelming) warscrolls, but was thinking I could proxy Kixi-Taka as a Skink Priest with Feathered Cloak (seeing as how he is literally a skink priest... with a feathered cloak) and then I could proxy Klaq-Trok as an Old Blood on foot
    Some old WHFB models I can rebase on round bases
    • 15 really old Saurus Warriors
    • 20 identical looking skinks holding bows
    • A single metal Terradon, for some reason
    • A super old and hilariously small metal Skink Priest
    • A metal Slann Mage Priest, the frog in the throne with the 4 Saurus Guard holding him up. I was thinking I could throw a flying base underneath the Slann, cut off all the Saurus Guard and add one of my extra Saurus Warriors to proxy both a Slann Starmaster and a Saurus Guard unit of 5
    • A "Skink Archer Command" still in the red-backed splinter pack from 1997... not sure I can do anything with it lol but I have it, unopened on my bookshelf
    • An old metal Stegadon, with about half of a howdah on his back and no skinks
    Alright, so with this mangy garbage pile of units... where do I go from here?! Thanks in advance

Nart likes this.
  2. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, you have to decide for yourself, if you want to go skinks or saurus. Seraphon are not about combined arms, unfortunately. Since you alrealy have 3 stegadons, you may want to go in skinks on big monsters direction.

Regarding models you have:

1) It is probably worth it converting an Astrolith bearer from one saurus. Bonuses he gives are usually nice;
    2) It is better to build a carnosaur from SC set, not troglodon. Oldblood variant is a more of self-sustained fighter, while Scar-Veteran's command ability is a bit better for saurus knights. You should, probably, assemble carnosaur as an Oldblood and convert one of the spare knights to Scar-Veteran on Cold One for command ability. Saurus knights are alway better with spears. Saurus warriors are better with clubs in small units and with spears in large units. But I've seen large units with clubs too;
    3) Using underworld's stuff as proxy for priest and oldblood is the best investment indeed;
    4) Out of celestial stampede I would assemble Engine of the Gods, Stegadon with bow (but without gluing chief to it, just sitck it on) and bastiladon with solar engine;
    5) bow skinks could be used as boltspitter skinks with shields or clubs. I don't know if it will be tournament-viable, but should be fine for friendly games;
    6) Single terradon could be used as skink chief on terradon. But you will need at lest 6 terradons for him to support;
    7) Slann with 5 guard is a nice idea, but maybe, it is better to leave an old model as it is. I guess, it is a rarity now. Just stick it on an apropriate base and get a box of guard;
    8) Skink archer could be used as a decoration for stegadon chief. We don't have chiefs on foot anymore;
    9) If you can stick a bow to metal stegadon - do it. Bow is stricktly better than flamethrowers, unfortunately.

For a 1000 points list I can advise the following:

Allegiance: Seraphon
    - Constellation: Thunder Lizard

Leaders
    Engine of the Gods (260)
    - General
    - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast
    - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration
    Skink Starpriest (120)
    - Spell: Hand of Glory
    Skink Priest (70)

Battleline
    10 x Saurus Warriors (90)
    - Clubs
    Stegadon (240)
    - Weapon: Skystreak Bow

Behemoths
    Bastiladon (220)
    - Weapon: Solar Engine

Total: 1000 / 1000
    Extra Command Points: 0
    Allies: 0 / 200
    Wounds: 50

You have 3 monsters, which are hard to kill and that hit like a truck both in melee and at range. Both priests buffs your army, since they are all considered skinks. Saurus serve as a screen to prevent dangerous opponents from getting at you before you strike. You can take 10 skinks instead - they are weaker but faster.

pendrake likes this.
  3. Chase_Observes
    Jungle Swarm

Chase_Observes New Member

Dude, thank you SO MUCH for helping me out with this. This was super insightful and gave me a ton of direction. I really really appreciate the time you took to type this out for me, seriously thank you!

Nart likes this.
  4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

You are welcome!