1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Hellion Nox' Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Hellion Nox, Mar 1, 2016.

1. ZeTe
    Saurus

ZeTe Member

i will make it my top priority to get my army shipped over here , I'm always up for a game :D

sorry for stealing the thread, didn't want it to turn into a grudge match or anything. was just enjoying discussing a models worth/or lack there of with a fellow player who was talking from their experiences with it. In no way did i mean to offend anyone either as i was just speaking from my own experiences (i really hope i didn't offend/piss anyone of, as it wasn't my intention).

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

While this has been a hotly debated topic in the past (and we should refrain from reigniting it), I must point out that the consensus of this forum is that you do in fact benefit from predatory attacks from supporting attacks. In a poll I set up previously, 70% of 120 votors on this forum believe supporting attacks can generate predatory fighter bonus attacks.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threa...tacks-from-supporting-ranks-yea-or-nay.15916/

My intention is not to debate the rule, but rather to point out the true consensus of this forum on the topic (for what that is worth, acknowledging that we are a Lizardmen forum and thus potentially biased).

I do agree with you however that the Troglodon is a very poor choice from a competitive point of view. In my opinion it is probably the weakest choice we have point for point. Is there anything else (beside perhaps a couple of special characters) that is less efficient on points?

None of your posts were offensive at all. It's great to have 8th edition discussions invigorated once again. There has been very little 8th edition talk since the release of AoS, so by all means bring up more topics and discussions!!! :)

ZeTe likes this.
  3. Jorgik
    Carnasaur

Jorgik Well-Known Member

When ever I play the supporting attacks also cause predatory, I think the book doesn´t say anything about not being able to

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

Well, will see you when i do @ZeTe , and it is sortoff sad to think about the Predatory debate as one that will never have a conclusion, GW will now really never make a statement on it. @NIGHTBRINGER , maybe Oxyotl can compete in general badness, but well, then we are getting SC's on the hype train as well. The Trog is by far the least point efficient in our book, it is hard to come up with choices from other books that are just as bad. Maybe a Giant, they can be very poor and do nothing, but they can win you important combats i guess. High Elf Sun Dragons? Those are mostly bad because you have to take a mage on top of them.. Hard to say which is worst, but the Trog is definitely up there.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Poor Trog is definitely at the bottom of the pile. What a shame that such a lovely model got such poor rules. As for other really bad choices that can compete with the Trog for the bottom of the barrel, the following might be contenders...
    • Warriors of Chaos' Slaughterbrute
    • Beasts of Chaos monsters
    Trog is definitely one of the worst.

airjamy likes this.
  6. Hellion Nox
    Skink

Hellion Nox Member

Question.

What is the general preference for running skinks ? Blowpipes or Javelins?
    I went with javelins in my list cause of their quick to fire and no penalty on the multi shots. So making it possible to march them and most often still be able to get the benefit from poison on those 6's.

But I'd love to know how you guys think of it.

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Javelins are the go to favourite for most Lizardmen generals. With blowpipes you often can't utilize your double shots because you have moved and are at long range (hence you would need 7's to hit if you double tapped, thus no poison). Blowpipes work perfectly on Chameleon skinks though because of their extra point of ballistic skill. On regular skinks, most would agree that Javelins are superior for the quick to fire (having a shield is a nice little bonus too)

Hellion Nox likes this.
  8. airjamy
    Bastiladon

airjamy Well-Known Member

The parry in CC, the better save, the Quick to Fire, and the need to poison, and the fact that you can almost never double tap your Skinks are all reasons that javelins are widely considered the better option. In really large games, 3K+, it might be worth it to take some blowpipe Skinks as you can set them on the monsters which will surely be in those games, against purely monsters Skinks with blowpipes are considered slightly better then javelin Skinks as the added killing power is nice.