1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tinyskinkhands, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Tinyskinkhands
    Skink

Tinyskinkhands Member

Haha what about 65+ saurus warriors?

Crowsfoot, Warden and Bowser like this.
  2. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Pretty good, 3 units of 20 and a sunblood, might want 30 more if you're having a risk like marathon game!

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Tinyskinkhands
    Skink

Tinyskinkhands Member

Sunblood? You must be referring to Age of Sigmar. 8th is my goto, I have nothing against other games but I just can't get over how they ended Fantasy. Sigmar is more of a skirmish game and I prefer the rank and file looks of armies locked in combat. But aos could be cool for some use with campaigns.

n810, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  4. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Oh well in that case a block of 65 saurus with full command should be about your 25% core for a 2996 point army. Not super mobile, but a ton of attacks back at the enemy. When they finally get to attack.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. Warden
    Slann

Warden Tenth Spawning

Looking forward to see this impressive haul painted!

+1

6. spess
    Cold One

spess Well-Known Member

Welcome to the boards Tiny! I think Crowsfoot is right here -- choosing the color scheme was by far the hardest thing to do for me! Lizards can be a painters dream or nightmare I guess, you can take it in any direction you want!

Crowsfoot and Tinyskinkhands like this.
  7. Tinyskinkhands
    Skink

Tinyskinkhands Member

Thank you and I definitely am looking forward to the dilemma. I also have to figure out what brand of paint I want to use as well. I've never been too keen on gw paints just because the price of each one is so much

Crowsfoot likes this.
  8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

GW paints are expensive but I love them maybe it's because I have always used them but a big plus is the paint system it just works, base, wash, layer, highlight done, no mixing colours no faffing around it really does speed up your painting.

Bowser and Tinyskinkhands like this.
  9. Tinyskinkhands
    Skink

Tinyskinkhands Member

Yeah I definitely like that system they have and I have seen people do amazing things with the colors. When I was a kid my dad always used the cheap paints from the hobby store and made miniatures look amazing. I think that's why I always stayed away. I figured if he could do it with cheap paint so could I. Haha. My miniatures turned out good with the cheap stuff but you get what you pay for. I was thinking of using Vallejo paints.

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  10. Crowsfoot
    Slann

I don't think GW has the best quality paints just the easiest system and colour range to use saying that if you find a GW Vallejo comparison chart you can still use the system.

http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Paint_Range_Compatibility_Chart

Bowser, spess and Tinyskinkhands like this.
  11. Tinyskinkhands
    Skink

Tinyskinkhands Member

Crowsfoot you are freaking awesome!! That chart will definitely come in handy, thank you very much.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  12. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Your welcome ;)

13. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

The Old Ones rejoice whenever a lurker joins the active community. Whatever your needs are, we got you covered.

Painting and converting. We got you covered. Tips and techniques, honest but polite critiques and models to inspire you. We got it.

Gameplay. We cover tactics, list building and battle reports for 8th Edition Warhammer, 9th Age Warhammer, Age of Sigmar Warhammer, and Kings of War.

We have fiction, aka fluff pieces. It's mostly 8th Edition/Age of Sigmar but we welcome all fluff. It doesn't have to be reptilian, it doesn't even need to be gaming.

And We got forums to talk about memes, Star Wars, and whatnot.