1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Help Skink Chief attk

Discussion in 'Seraphon Tactics' started by Kakalou1, Oct 10, 2022.

1. Kakalou1
    Saurus

Kakalou1 Member

Hi Friends,

I need your knowledge to determine how many attack can have the skink chief on Stegadon. I have a tornament next month and still didnt really understand how it work.

Specially the sentence in the faq : "the crew is considered as a mount"
    My skink chief is a général in a TL list with his mount trait. So he has +1 jaw, + 1attak with prime warbeast always. Is prime warbeast work for the bow ?

He can also use a Cp on himself, use the asterim, use the mount trait but for each I am sure which attak is buff

Thanks you very much for your help

2. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

So, with prime warbeast every weapon profile of the "mount" is increased by 1; with the Skink Chief on Stegadon, that includes the entire crew as well. The Asterism would only affect the single weapon of the actual hero, and the command ability Coordinated Strike should cover all melee weapons in the unit.

To sum up the attacks of the model in Thunder Lizards with Prime Warbeast and The Great Drake asterism.

Rider Weapons
    Meteoric Warspear* 3 Attacks +1(The Great Drake) +1(Coordinated Strike) = 5 Attacks

Mount Weapons
    Meteoric Javelins 4 Attacks +1(Prime Warbeast) = 5 Attacks
    Skystreak Bow 3 Attacks +1(Prime Warbeast) = 4 Attacks
    Massive Horns* 2 Attacks +1(Prime Warbeast) +1(Coordinated Strike) = 4 Attacks
    Grinding Jaws* 2 Attacks +1(Prime Warbeast) +1(Predatory Fighters) +1(Coordinated Strike) = 5 Attacks
    Crushing Stomps* 1-4 Attacks +1(Prime Warbeast) +1(Coordinated Strike) = 3-6 Attacks

*melee

All in all, the return on the asterism is low; you are better off using the other two options if they are at all relevant, but everything else is pretty solid.

Cheers and good luck with your tournament.

Kakalou1 likes this.
  3. Gothurz
    Jungle Swarm

Gothurz New Member

Kakalou1 likes this.
  4. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I think you are correct. But you should probably reach out to the T.O. ahead of time because I have had it argued both ways because rule as written,

"The Great Drake: In the combat phase, pick 1 friendly SERAPHON HERO. Until the end of that phase, you can add 1 to the Attacks characteristic of melee weapons used by that HERO."

It explicitly states that it affects melee weapons used by that Hero, not hero unit or model so there is some wiggle room for interpretation.

On the Battlescroll for the model

"SKINK CHIEF: This model includes 1 Skink Chief armed with a Meteoric Warspear. Any command traits or artefacts of power this model has only affect attacks made by the Skink Chief."

From that, it both says that the only weapon the skink chief specifically is wielding is the meteoric spear, and the later half is specifically only excluding artefacts (core rulebook excludes all other enhancements too) and command traits.

Most youtube players I have seen play with the more generous interpretation, my local group has been playing with the rules lawyery interpretation.

When in doubt, reach out to the TO because their word is law at the tournament.

5. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

@VikingRage Im sorry but I think you've been getting robbed with that interpretation.

Firstly, that ruling would make the great drake effectively a useless asterism, as 1 attack with any of our heroes worst weapon is easily worse than the other two bonuses.

But for the point to the ruling, the entire "unit" or warscroll has the HERO keyword. The text you quoted doesn't say that only the chief is considered to have the HERO keyword, it gives an exception for specifically artefacts and command traits to only effect his spear. The fact that they needed to add that exception means that anything else effects the whole model, as if everything that effected the HERO only effected the chief and his spear, they wouldn't need to specify.

7.1:
    "A unit with the HERO keyword on its warscroll is a HERO."

Killer Angel likes this.