1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS How do we kill Gods in Aos3.0?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Jason839, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

He had +1 to hit, I think +1 to wound, reroll saves, the extra spell shrug, maybe reroll hits? And mystic shield for a turn, but he put that on Kairos the following turn. I think it was just shield of fate and infusion arcanum but I could be missing something. Are there any faction traits we missed? It was my friend's first ever game with tzeentch so we may have missed some things, he just used one of the "netlists," the one that Fabian used to win an event last weekend

Cuetzpal Pilli and Lizerd like this.
  2. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

ooohh if he was running archaon in tzeentch that would be a big reason why he snuffed. archaon is almost always meant to be run with khorne, gets all the nasty melee buffs and hits like a truck

3. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

archy in tzeench is currently top of the charts.

4. Lizerd
    Skink Priest

Lizerd Well-Known Member

what do people run him with?

5. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

Screenshot_20210816-212243_YouTube.jpg

This is the list I played against and some iteration of it is the top performing tournament list currently. It's still very early obviously so a meta could adapt over time, but this is currently the boogeyman of the format

6. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

I played vs the exact list at club night last week, tabled him in 3 turns. Tied archie up with a bastiladon for a turn then wiped the rest before moving onto the big man himself

Lizerd and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  7. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

I like the idea of tying him up with a bastiladon, for the EotG i'm unsure if that is reliable, because for tzeentch it's pretty easy to just oneshot with the Slayer of Kings and Kairos Dice's. What did you field @LordRibbit ?

8. LordRibbit
    Temple Guard

LordRibbit Well-Known Member

Allegiance: Seraphon - Constellation: Thunder Lizard - Grand Strategy: Beast Master - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADERS Stegadon with Skink Chief (305)** - General - Command Trait: Prime Warbeast - Artefact: Amulet of Destiny - Weapon: Skystreak Bow Slann Starmaster (265)* - Artefact: Fusil of Conflaguration - Spell: Stellar Tempest Skink Priest (80)* - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal Skink Priest (80)* - Universal Prayer Scripture: Heal

UNITS 10 x Skinks (75)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers 10 x Skinks (75)* - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers 10 x Skinks (75) - Boltspitters Celestite Daggers & Star Bucklers 5 x Chameleon Skinks (115)*** 2 x Salamander Hunting Pack (240)*** 1 x Salamander Hunting Pack (120)***

BEHEMOTHS Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)** Bastiladon with Solar Engine (235)**

ENDLESS SPELLS & INVOCATIONS Emerald Lifeswarm (60)

CORE BATTALIONS *Warlord **Linebreaker ***Hunters of the Heartlands

9. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Personally I think this is the better version and its the one i play against a lot. Until ruled otherwise rally and pinks lets them go above max unit limit. Its gross.

upload_2021-8-24_10-22-20.png

10. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Personal opinion. Archaon is overrated. The rest of his army gets obliterated by while he gets tied up with garbage squads that arnt even worth the effort to kill themq

11. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

The thing about Archaon is that especially in Tzeentch he can get wherever he needs most of the time. There's a reason it's the top list right now. Teleporting something big and powerful that's practically guaranteed to kill whatever you need to kill has always been one of the strongest ways to play AoS, and he does it really well at the moment. Doesn't mean you can't deal with him, but a lot of armies don't have the tools atm.

Tyranitar and Dread Saurian like this.
  12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

pretty much this

13. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

no a lot af armies do have the tools they just don't want to invest in chaff

Dread Saurian likes this.
  14. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

That or a hero that has absurdly good saves like the basti. Hell even out knights would do with just a squad of 5. As long as it holds him for one turn he's easy to deal with. Because between him and kairos they don't have enough wounds to save 700 pts of meh

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  15. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

when thinking about things dont forget about how aos 3.0 plays now. its not about tying units up and killing them anymore. Its about trading for pts to maximize objectives and secondaries. Chaff units are a liability in this format. You try to chaff archaon he will thank you for 3 free vp, redeploy to avoid it, and broken ranks your chaff unit. If you think you are buying time to get ahead by slowing him down, remember he will be monstrous takeovering your objective and scoring 3 more vp. If he wants he can retreat from combat and score 3 more vp with savage spearhead. If you leave him alone he will be buffed to kingdom come and get to your general and slay the warlord for 3vp or kill your monster with bring it down for 3vp. Archaon is terrifying not because of how hard he is to kill, or how hard he hits, (both of which are rediculous with the chaos sorcerer lord list) its because he is always in a position to score 3vp no matter what you do. He basically says "you ignore me and lose. Kill me if you can and still probably lose. This game is all about the pts now.

Oh and you wont be scoring any points because that unit of 10 pinks will never die. :D"

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
  16. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Oh my goodness you're right! There's absolutely no hope no way to handle this thing! We're all going to die we're all going to die!

17. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

(Me who has never really had a game go past 4 turns) I mean sure? Point totals are important yes. But if you table someone turn 3 or 4 you kinda win too

18. 2Hands
    Skink

2Hands Member

I think we have a problem of different gamestyles in this discussion. For competitive tournament play the data we have till now shows that Archaon is enough of a problem to rule the format. Not saying the meta won't shift to answer it, but that is an achivement to aknowledge. I asume to find such an answere Jason made this thread.

Of course if you play more relaxed games with friends or don't strife to reach the top of tournaments, I wouldn't worry about God units to much. I feel we still got pretty good answeres for them. That's one of our strength in general and with the addition off City's as allies even more, we got alot of options.

19. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Against archaon tzeentch i think the current answer is just to kill everything else, specifically kairos and try to win on turns 4 and 5.

Tyranitar and Dread Saurian like this.
  20. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

They certainly don't have a ton of other stuff to throw at you with Archaon taking up nearly half the army...

Erta Wanderer and Dread Saurian like this.