1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I HAVE THE POWER!!! (in terms of forum milestones)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Aug 3, 2016.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've heard of black & white pandas and even red pandas, but this is the first time I've ever seen a green one! ;)

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

100 pages of self-celebrations.
    Impressive. :D

Scolenex and Scalenex like this.
  3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

That is a terrible way of describing it!

How about "100 pages of shared accomplishment"?

I don't know about anyone else, but the idea of me celebrating my own achievements seems very vain/pompous...

Imrahil and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  4. Killer Angel
    Slann

well, the title itself is pompous... (I HAVE THE POWER!). :p
    But yeah, your definition is much more polite. :D

Lizards of Renown likes this.
  5. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Grazie!

6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

[​IMG]

Of course the "I HAVE THE POWER" line is in reference to the video in the first post of the thread.

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

And just a few more are needed before you move into 8th place on the list!

Lizards of Renown and Imrahil like this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Another milestone passed, albeit a rather odd one. First off, it is not an individual milestone, but rather a team effort. Secondly, well that requires a bit of back story:

For quite some time now, the "Just for laughs..." thread as been the top dog of the forum in terms of post count (and views, but that is irrelevant here). For many years I've been touting its dominance (as I am prone to do). Back in 2017, a thread was created with the expressed intent to dethrone the post count dominance of the "Just for laughs..." thread. That thread is none other than the "Last person to make a post wins" thread. It was designed and tailored for nothing other than to facilitate spam posting. Based on a simplistic but genius premise to encourage posting with no further effort required on the part of the author. Post quality... irrelevant. Conversation... counter-productive. Just keep posting... the unwinnable game. Countless iterations of "I'm winning", "Look who's in the lead", "No one will can beat me" and other similar phrases litter its pages. I believe there are probably about 10+ consecutive pages of nothing but pictures tanks and lightsabers mixed in there somewhere (lightsaber pictures provided by yours truly).

Well, the thread failed in its endeavor to bring low the mighty "Just for laughs..." thread (although the thread will eventually fall). However, such a title defense was simply not enough. And thus, "The Random Thread of Random Randomness" was born. Born to one day rise up and slay the "Last person to make a post wins thread" in terms of post count. However, the point was to accomplish this feat with quality posts that were either inspirational, beautiful, strange, different or just interesting in some way. No competition, just the sharing of interesting content. Well the day has finally come, and at least for now, The Random Thread of Random Randomness, just one and a half years after its inception, has overtaken its nemesis. It probably would have taken a lot less time if I hadn't first dumped 1879 posts in the Last person to make a post wins thread!.. oh well.

Does any of this matter?.... absolutely not :)
    Is there a point to any of it?... also a hard no :)
    Why do I partake in such things?... who knows! :p

But here it is anyways...

upload_2020-11-21_22-27-26.png
    upload_2020-11-21_22-28-37.png

Will the lead hold?... no clue. Some may take this as a challenge. But if the thousands of posts lead was not enough to stave off the advance of the Random Thread, then anything is possible. Of course a concerted effort could outmatch even the posting prowess of the mighty NIGHTBRINGER... unless of course if he were to find a @Scalenex - @Scolenex counterpart.

And with that, the unanswerable question has been answered. How do you win the unwinnable game? You crush the game! (see it driven before you and hear the lamentations of its women)

Most importantly, thank you to all the wonderful forum members who have taken part in, shared or simply enjoyed the The Random Thread of Random Randomness thread. It would have been a boring and meaningless ride without you! I salute you all!

Okay... I'm done now! :p (for the time being)

10. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Speaking as someone who is a big fan of the "Just for Laughs", "Poll: Cats vs Dogs" and "The Random Thread of Random Randomness", I am cheered by its success.

On top of my own enjoyment, these three threads have supplied daily comic relief for my wife who lost her mother last year and this was a small part of my daily work to keep her spirits up during a very dark time for her (single mother, only child, cancer death at 65 combination).

The thread is dead, long live the thread!

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

I've passed through a similar experience with my father, so i can relate with your wife.

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

My condolences, amico. :(

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  13. Killer Angel
    Slann

Tnx.
    Well, almost 20 years have passed and i almost never think about him... but the sadness is still buried within, the regret for the fact that my father wasn't able to see me married, neither to see his granddaughters.

14. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A terrible loss. My condolences.

15. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Yeah, was brutal. But we have weathered the worst of it.

16. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Just try to feel a little bit better with each passing day. Treasure the memories and teachings she shared with you and realize that through that, a part of her lives on.

17. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Yeah, we're doing that. Have a number of remembrance activities that we do regularly.

Anyways, the main point is THREE CHEERS FOR THE FUNNY AND RANDOM THREADS! :D

Imrahil and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

It means a lot to me that people really enjoy them!! When they were first created, I never thought they would have such a profound impact.

19. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

And this is post number 4000....

Phew! :cigar:

Onwards and upwards...

20. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Congrats :):):). I see you're positioned to overtake the mighty @LizardWizard for 13th place. Then it is an easy move past the inactive strewart!

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl better watch out, you're closing in on him as well!