1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I HAVE THE POWER!!! (in terms of forum milestones)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by NIGHTBRINGER, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Tell me, which of these two ends up actually killing the other? :p

2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Obi-Wan wasn't beaten. It is clear that he lets Vader strike him down.

"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine". He already knew of the Force Ghosts from Yoda, who knew about it from Qui-Gon.

...and like I said, I would have finished it then and there. I am Chaos!

3. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Lizards of Renown Herald of Creation

I didn't watch the second and third "prequels" as seeing the first one killed it for me. However, Obi-Wan beats but does not kill Anakin in this fight.

Anakin is then over-cooked and picked up by Palpatine and turned into (SPOILER ALERT) Darth Vader.

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Strewart 2.0

5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Minor details, point being you get killed in this comparison :p

Imrahil likes this.
  6. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Actually this comparison was from Episode III (evidenced by the 3 videos we shared), in which case Anakin had an arm and both his legs chopped off (plus a good portion of severe 3rd degree burns for good measure). Bottom line, Obi-Wan beat Anakin fair and square. Anakin only struck down Obi-Wan because Obi-Wan let him as he was playing the long game.

But if you are so confident in dethroning me... come get some!! There was one on this forum was able to briefly contend with me, by which I mean he kept up a close daily pace, and he only managed to do so for a short time.

Remember this post from October 21, 2019? Since then you have transitioned from 3,840 posts to your current day total of 4,980. A net gain of 1,140 posts in 240 days. Across those same 240 days my tally rose from 26,495 to 33,386; a net gain of 6,891! And that was with me reducing my posting rate at the onset of 2020. I honestly can't believe that I posted so much :eek:.

But what if I stopped posting and you maintained your current rate?

• you have been a member of this forum for 1303 days
    • in 1303 days you have made 4980 posts
    • that gives you a posting rate of 3.82 posts/day
    • I currently have a 28,406 post lead

Maintaining your current pace (and assuming I stopped posting entirely) you would catch me in 20 years, 4 months and 11 days!

I welcome the challenge! (and I might have a posting addiction).

7. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I don't think that this is in question. :D

Keep them coming! I'm particularly found of the Dogs Vs Cats thread.

8. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

:angelic::angelic::angelic:

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying it! :)

Imrahil and Lizards of Renown like this.
  9. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Hurry, hurry! You're falling further behind! ;)

10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

well it's no fair if you start sending multiple responses to me before I reply :p

11. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Indeed

12. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

I think my statement is an almost criminal understatement.

@NIGHTBRINGER should be at Posters Anonymous ("My name is Nightbringer and I haven't posted anything on LO for at least 2 hours...") :D

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Blimey, you've only just learned how to do this despite being on here a good few months before I arrived?

[​IMG]

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

[​IMG]

I thought you were better than that mate...

You almost redeem yourself with this hilarious comment though. :hilarious:

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I don't link a whole lot of movies, most of the stuff I post tends to just be text with the occasional picture of a model I painted. And when I link I usually just directly link the url. The fact that the html that youtube spits out when you share doesn't directly work on the forum didn't help either. So never really bothered :p

16. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

Frankly, didn't really like the first one [thinks of Jar Jar Binks and shudders] and then a friend of mine told me that the second one was Dawsons Creek in space and I gave up on them... :(

If you HONESTLY believe I am missing out, then I will watch them.

I have heard nothing but bad things about them from my friends, so would be an act of faith (or suffering?)

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  17. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

honestly, they're fine. A bit silly, but fine. Like most of the star wars movies really. In all honesty, the best star wars stuff tends to be outside the movies anyway.

18. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Now hold on there mate, there are worse things in Star Wars than Jar Jar (Ahsoka, the Sequel Trilogy, Rebels, did I mention the Sequel Trilogy?), and in Episode I we have Darth Maul, Liam Neeson, padawan Obi-Wan and the first appearance of the Droid Army. And the score is beautiful.

Relying on other people's opinions is the worst thing you can do mate, you have to build up your own view. Don't be a sheep and follow the crowd just because they say it's bad, think for yourself. Both Episodes II and III are great in my opinion, with brilliant battle scenes and villains (including the legendary Sir Christopher Lee as Count Dooku, a picture of whom I included in my previous post). They are certainly NOT Dawson's Creek in space. I'm honestly surprised anyone could give that analogy.

Episodes I-III are much more like a Shakespearean play than any of the other Star Wars media, a grand sweeping narrative of conflict and betrayal that involves the entire galaxy, rather than just a band of scruffy mooks from all corners of it.

True, some of the lines may not be up to scratch, but some of the lines in the Original Trilogy are not perfect either in my view (I honestly can't stand the Han and Leia love scenes in Empire Strikes Back, they are so inconsistent with what came before in A New Hope and 'opposites attract' doesn't work for me, also some of the especially camp lines like Leia saying 'Aren't you too short for a Stormtrooper' while doing the trademark sexy girl pose in a prison cell). Episodes II and III are certainly much better than anything the Sequel Trilogy has to offer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
    Imrahil, Canas and Lizards of Renown like this.
  19. Lizards of Renown
    Slann

@Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl with such a resounding communication how could I do other than comply? ;)

Nothing sheep like it at all my friend, after Episode 1 I had already pretty much made up my mind. This was just the last naiI in the coffin.

All that said, I now have my orders and will hup to it. :D

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Honestly the prequels had a lot of cool stuff, Qui-Gon, Maul & Dooku are all awesome. Obi-wan & Annakin are cool whenever they just get to jedi (and not moan about sand). The fight choreography is cool (just don't slow it down and watch a play by play, so many wasted movements. But that holds for basicly any stylistic fighting scene ever). Basicly every new droide that's shown is cool. More interesting space battles.

The only truly major issue they have is that they make the timeline weird. Somehow the galaxy goes from being ruled by the Republic, with it's jedi who help police it and resolve conflicts, to noone knowing what a jedi is over the course of 15-20 years. Don't get me wrong, the jedi are near mythical, and the average person definitly won't believe they have magical powers. But the knowledge that there's some weird sect of monks who say they have mystical powers and whom for some inexplicable reason are extremely influential in the goverment and get send out on important special diplomatic missions and what not shouldn't have dissappeared that quickly.

I mean yeah, midichlorians are stupid and all, but they're mentioned in what, 2 scenes? Just ignore em. Same with that stupid sand scene or Jar-Jar being an idiot (much like C-3PO, but somehow less charming)

Not a high bar to pass :p