1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS In the saurus host, can I combine the three units of saurus?

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by WadeTheMediocre, Aug 6, 2015.

1. WadeTheMediocre
    Skink

WadeTheMediocre New Member

Basically as in the title, the saurus host requires three units worth of saurus, since I have those three in the pregame, can I deploy them as one unit of thirty instead of three of ten?

2. Baergren
    Skink

Baergren New Member

I would say that is between you and who you are playing against, but generally no. If you deploy them as 1 unit, then that is what they are and should not count as three for the purpose of battalion bonuses.

Also it doesn't say three units worth of Saurus, as there is no upper limit on unit size, but three Saurus units (containing any number of models, but no less than 10 per unit).

Hope this helps

Korloq Huan likes this.
  3. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

It's a blurred line at the moment. Some players believe that the Warscroll/Unit entry is worded in a way that permits units of identical warscrolls to combine. Although I can see where they're coming from (and I also believe that it'd make gameplay that much more interesting), I don't think that their interpretation is the actual intent.

4. cyberhawk94
    Cold One

cyberhawk94 Active Member

I dont think its a blurred line, It is a very clear "NO".
    The Zombies warscroll has the following rule:
    Shambling Horde: If two or more units of Zombies from your army are within 1" of each other in your hero phase, they can merge and become a single unit for the rest of the battle.

if that was allowed for any unit, why on earth would it be listed as a rule?

Ixt and n810 like this.
  5. Ixt
    Troglodon

Ixt Well-Known Member

Hey, good call. I hadn't seen that before. That helps me rest :)