1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6th Ed. It's Simple, Kill the Vampires

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by Anti_Formalist, Jun 7, 2022.

1. Anti_Formalist
    Jungle Swarm

Anti_Formalist New Member

I posted yesterday about beating a vampire counts army. Here's the list I slapped together that I think will be able to do the business. Any advice would be much appreciated. It's a 2000 point list exactly, which is what we usually play.

Lord-

3rd GenerationSlann Mage Priest (Lord Kroakadoke)- 3rd generation, BSB, Huanchi’s Blessed Totem, Diadem of Power, Cube of Darkness, Dispel Scroll

Heroes-

Skink Priest (Dot) 65- Level 2 Wizard, Staff of Sorcery

Skink Priest (Kross) 65- Level 2 Wizard, 2 Dispel Scrolls

Core-

20 Temple Guard- Shields, Musician, Standard, Revered Guardian

20 Saurus Warriors- Musician, Standard, Champion, Blessed Spawning of Sotek

20 Saurus Warriors- Musician, Standard, Champion, Blessed Spawning of Sotek

Rare-

2 Salamander Hunting Packs

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Looks pretty solid to me, two units of 20 Saurus and 20 Temple Guard will be able to crush anything Vampire Counts can bring into melee, though I would suggest giving the Saurus units spears to maximise your damage output.

Additionally I'm concerned at your priests not having a unit to bunker in, unless they bunker with the Salamanders or hide behind the Saurus blocks.

Which Lores of Magic are your Slann and Priests using?

3. Anti_Formalist
    Jungle Swarm

Anti_Formalist New Member

I'd like to give the Saurus Warriors spears, but I don't really have the points. I can shave off some items off the characters, right now they are all fully decked out. I was planning on keeping the priests behind the Saurus.

As for lores of magic, I believe the Skink Priests are restricted to Lore of Heavens, but I'm not sure what would be best for the Slann. I've only ever played Skaven, so that's the only Lore I'm familiar with.

4. SnowMan
    Saurus

SnowMan Active Member

How did you get one a friend has persuaded me to come out of retirement and looking for a balanced lizardmen list

have a solid core allready painted but do need to add to it and sell of the newer items