1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Kroxigors and skinks

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by xoid, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

Did you even read what I wrote? The nearest point is completely irrelevant. It is all about the furthest point of a model.

2. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

In friendly games probably not, but even there you could have some discussion.
    In competitive / tournaments? that would be terrible. "no, i don't think you can buff it, you' re covering with the aura less than half of the base. Let's call a judge"

There are only two easy ways to be sure: the aura needs to touch just a portion of the target to affect entirely it, OR the aura must cover the entire target.
    I totally agree that 51% would be more sensible, but these are the best options during the game

Grotpunter likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The nearest point is the relevant bit as my whole point is that this makes a larger model needlessly unwielding due to it necesitating you stay far closer, as well as the impact of obstacles on your ability to fit a larger base within a given area.

I wouldn't expect that to be worse than any arguments over measurements that currently happen to be honest. The same people who'd complain about it not covering half of the base would currently be complaining it doesn't cover the entire base. So I don't think that's a concern.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

alas, that would be a thing...

ILKAIN and Canas like this.
  5. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Sad as that is, not something that should influence the rules.
    Sportsmanship seems to be a lost virtue at times when you see the kind of nonsense that happens in any competitive enviroment.

6. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

At one point GW sent something out, that the guy at my LFGS that runs our tournaments and leagues got, that said they were going to change wholly within to mean each model needs to be within the distance instead the entirety of each base being within, but I haven't seen anything about that since, so I guess nothing came off that.

Canas likes this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That'd also be a reasonable improvement. Still stops conga-lining nonsense, but at least being bigger would no longer be a disadvantage.

8. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I do recall that and even argued it at one point in another thread only to be shown that it hadn't happened, much to my chagrin

Canas likes this.