1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last person to make a post wins

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Rednax, May 1, 2017.

1. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

my-image.png

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

636.png

Grrr, !mrahil

3. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

4. Imrahil
    Slann

637.png

Grrr, !mrahil

5. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

6. Imrahil
    Slann

638.png

Grrr, !mrahil

7. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

8. Imrahil
    Slann

639.png

Grrr, !mrahil

9. WildColonial Boy
    Salamander

WildColonial Boy Well-Known Member

10. Imrahil
    Slann

Always nice to see old (/familiar) faces :p

Grrr, !mrahil

WildColonial Boy likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

nice. What's this?

12. Imrahil
    Slann

640.png

Grrr, !mrahil

13. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

A Dragon Priest from the video game Skyrim.

14. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

[​IMG]

Not as different from mine as I thought it would be:
    • We both rate The Jungle Book, Robin Hood, 101 Dalmatians, Finding Nemo and Hercules highly
    • We both believe Emperor's New Groove is pretty good but not entirely up with the best
    • We both see Cinderella as C-Tier and Pinocchio and Oliver and Company as D-Tier
    • We both have Big Hero 6, Monsters University and Cars 3 in F-Tier (I've seen none of them but they all look shite)
    And now to our differences:
    • The Little Mermaid: I don't think I ever watched this as a child because I always thought it a "girls' film". I did have a video of the series that was made after the film's success, though, and 4-year-old me particularly enjoyed an episode where Ariel finds some frozen dinosaurs in the North Pole, thaws them with King Triton's trident and they go on the rampage.
    • The Lion King: I was never interested in this one because I was never a fan of lions as a child. Fast forward 20 years and it's more the cheesy African tribal music and the excessive hype about it that stops me from wanting to watch it.
    • Aladdin: I saw it once I believe when it was shown on TV, it just never gripped me.
    • Beauty and the Beast: I did watch this one once or twice in my childhood, but again I saw it as a "girls' film" and didn't bother watching it again.
    • Tarzan: Never got round to seeing it, perhaps I should familiarise myself with Edgar Rice Borroughs' work.
    • Cars: Only saw the first five minutes of this at my evil little cousins' house and found Lightning McQueen insufferable (though Owen Wilson is good in other things like Night at the Museum).
    • Lady and the Tramp: Again I've only seen this one two or three times, I personally thought it was forgettable, though it is a big classic so I could understand why you rate this one higher than I.
    • Monsters Inc: Never been interested in seeing it, despite John Goodman being a good comic actor, mainly because I was sometimes called Sulley at school in my younger years because I have the same surname as his character, which rather annoyed me because I did not like being likened to a big blue furry monster.
    • Mulan: Again, not interested in seeing it because of its girl-power themes and because I'm not the biggest fan of Ancient/Medieval China in the world, and the fact that it calls what are clearly the Mongols 'Huns' and that the main villain is entitled to a free pass into the 'Stupid Deaths' afterlife doesn't make it anymore appealing.
    • I'm surprised you put Wall-E so far down, it is quite intelligent in regards to it prophesising the rise of supercorporations, mass consumerism and irresponsibility with one's rubbish work to turn Earth into a Death World, and also shows how this fate could be avoided if we all moved away from these things. Zootropolis (Zootopia for you non-British viewers) was also clever in the way the mystery makes you think the mayor's the villain, when it's actually his meek little sidekick that's planning a revolution.
    • Not a fan of Basil the Great Mouse Detective, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, the Aristocats or Finding Dory? Any particular reasons why?

15. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

I think they are massively different.

Out of the 11 movies I listed in my top two tiers, you listed 6 of those in your F tier!! And on the flip side, from movies in your top two tiers, there are about ten that I either didn't really like, don't really remember or haven't cared to watch.

I'm the exact opposite. I love the braggadocios McQueen!

He was such a cool villain, shame about the ending. The ending is the reason why I rated it mid-tier. However, it has to be given points for...
    "How many men does it take to deliver a message?"

Although debated, many believe that the Huns can trace their linage back to the Mongols.

The Great Wall of China also historically safe-guarded China from Hunnic invasion.

I rated those low because they weren't memorable for me. I watched them once and never again. If I watched them again, it would be almost like watching it for the first time.

Same as above.

I found Finding Dory to be a huge step down from the original. The Great Mouse Detective was okay, but not at all memorable. I would be hard-pressed to recite the major plot points of that film.

As for Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan and The Aristrocats, I found them straight up boring. It also hurts that they don't have the great musical numbers that were famous in other Disney films.

16. Imrahil
    Slann

641.png
    Grrr, !mrahil

17. Killer Angel
    Slann

except for this one. Always loved it:

18. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

Not my cup of tea.

19. Imrahil
    Slann

641_f2.png

Grrr, !mrahil

20. Killer Angel
    Slann

even if, it's not enough to raise the film over its overall mediocrity.