1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Get Motivated - February 2020

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Crowsfoot, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Hello boys and girls and welcome to Let's Get Motivated - February 2020

This thread is too get us motivated each month into finishing projects that we have on the go, the rules are fairly simple.

At the start of the month post what you intend to try and finish this month, it can be models/terrain/conversions of any game type. No pressure if you don't finish anything this is for motivation nothing else.

Around the middle of the month post your progress, no images please, if you have want to share your progress with images, upload them into your blog and supply a link.

Around the end of the month post your progress, again no images, if you have finished a piece upload the images into your blog and supply a link.

The reason I don't want images in this thread is too get everyone that takes part views in their personal blog where the community can critique, etc.

You don't have a paint blog? well get one started in this forum section.

If you need advice etc post here and the community will try and answer.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone share their progress

Note: Previous months can be found in the vault http://www.lustria-online.com/forums/the-vault.40/

2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

This is early ;) (for my part of the world at least)

figuring I will do the following:

- paint another 2 Saurus knights
    and
    - assemble the Ironjawz SC Box
    (and if so, play a battle of AoS Ironjawz vs Seraphon)

Gr, Imrahil

3. Egres
    Razordon

Egres Well-Known Member

I was going to say that’s a day early!!! Lol

Well I manage to finish my first warband in January aka the iron golems so Check our here.

http://www.lustria-online.com/threads/egres-dino’s-and-there-lunch.23878/page-3

I didn’t get a game done unfortunately but looking forward now that I have a warband painted!!

Now for February:

Paint the untamed beast
    Play a game

Ill keep at that for now and will see!!

4. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I got most of what I wanted done for January, but ended up replacing Kroak with my Prophet.

This month though.

- 20 Sauras Guard
    - Kroak
    -Basing and Howdah of my Stegadon(s)

Have a family picture of my completed January Motivation on my blog in my signature below.

5. bOdziO Wolf
    Ripperdactil

bOdziO Wolf Well-Known Member

Rollovers from the last sprint:
    [IN PROGRESS 70%] cold ones - paint teeth and tongues (highlights and some fixes)
    [IN PROGRESS 70%] cold ones - create bases and paint the grass part of the model (water effects, stones an foliage is a todo)
    [TODO] cold ones - mass highlight

Additional work to be taken:
    [TODO] cold ones - highlight leather parts
    [TODO] saurus knights - cleanup and assemble and prime the guys and their accessories

6. Explodingzeb
    Bastiladon

Explodingzeb Well-Known Member

By the 1st of Feb I'd finally finished painting my Saurus with spears. My goal for the rest of this month is to get the basing done on all. 40 of them. Then if I have some time left I'll try and crack on with painting my Stegadon.

7. Antisense
    Skink

Antisense Active Member

Welp, i've got 21 Saurus Knights to paint, and I've only gone through about 10 of them to varying degrees. But since it's my wedding month, it's not going to happen. Still just putting it out there into the universe!

8. Karnus
    Ripperdactil

Karnus Well-Known Member

By the end of the month I will have completed my Lost Kingdoms Kroxigor. I WILL have done it... I WILL.....

It's only 3 models!

9. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

So I was doing some quick contrast work on Kroak and assembling my Sunblood while he dried.

Almost everything is spray-can zenithal highlighted. And then the Sunblood really caught my attention while I was doing the skull on Kroak.

Now I have a completed Sunblood with just his base to do, Kroak's base, and a half-finished Lord Kroak... And 10 Sauras Guard still waiting on their first layer.

Why am I like this?

10. childishknight
    Chameleon Skink

childishknight Well-Known Member

I'm going to FINISH MY STEGADON if it's the last thing I do. It's turning out to be the most complicated model I have ever painted....why did I decide to paint all those individual little triangles on the sides? Why did I paint each of the drawings on the platform and line them with gold? Why did I decide to add MORE skinks to the base? These are the questions I ask myself late at night when I've realized that I'm in over my head....

If I can manage to finish that, then as a bonus, I'd like to get the rest of my Fyre Slayers assembled and primed.

11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

I want to proceed as much as possible with my 40 k terrains. I want to be able to field a whole table with my terrains alone, and i think I'm at a good point.

Plus, it's a very good distraction from the wait for our Seraphon battletome release.

12. Cageyblood
    Temple Guard

Cageyblood Well-Known Member

I already finished off the last 10 of my 40 chaos marauders.
    I'm aiming to get my stegadon painted this month.
    I have about 40 skinks that also need painting, so thats my "above and beyond" goal for the month.

Hopefully as I'm getting more confident on the airbrush this isn't too ambitious a goal.

13. Imrahil
    Slann

Update on the following:

- paint another 2 Saurus knights
    and
    assemble the Ironjawz SC Box
    (and if so, play a battle of AoS Ironjawz vs Seraphon(pending...))

Grrr, Imrahil

14. Imrahil
    Slann

15. Imrahil
    Slann

16. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Started batch painting a unit of ten Guard that I've had on the table for a few weeks. I did my normal thing and got distracted, finishing one of them entirely after a few layers on the whole unit.

The banner broke too, so repaired it and mounted it on the banner bearers back spines.

Kroak himself, and his base, are all done. Just ha e to do his chair. That may be the main goal next month!

I also started dry fitting random bits to my Dread Saurian proxy to see what might look good. I'm realizing I'll need to get more bits. Which means more kits!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.