1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Lizardmen Allies?

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Josh Lane, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Josh Lane
    Skink

Josh Lane New Member

Hi there, I’m new to the lore and have only started to dip into it. Was just wondering throughout the history of Lizardmen have they allied with other races? I’ve read about Marco Coloumba so if I’m correct there was an ally within him and his men. Reason I’m mainly asking a few friends of mine have started Mordheim and we have been talking about hired swords. Basically we wanted to have a fluff elemental to recruiting any hired swords so we can give them a back story

Sudsinabucket likes this.
  2. Sudsinabucket
    Skar-Veteran

Sudsinabucket Well-Known Member

Amazons, off and on, though a very fragile truce/alliance and they have fought eaxh other as well

Josh Lane likes this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Tichi Huichi's Raiders rode around the world aided by the Old Ones and/or possible Slann.

They were guided to an army of some other race. The army leader(s) would receive a telepath inducement to hire them with a "worthless trinket." If their side won, Tichi and company would ride off. If their side lost, a telepathic inducement would force the opposing enemy commanders to either hire them or let them run off.

Beyond this, there are very few other "canon" examples of Lizardmen allying with other races but we have lots and lots of examples of team ups in our archive of unofficial fluff here.

4. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

Yep, in official lore Lizardmen don't ally with anyone. At most, we helped Elves without them knowing about it.

5. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Mr.Crocodile Well-Known Member

With the lizardmen it seems to mostly be a "an enemy of my enemy is my friend" situation. Because of how focused they are on the war against chaos, they indirectly help other Ordertide(is that term even in common use btw?) races by virtue of themselves being in conflict with the Skaven and the Ruinous Powers.

But in terms of actively aiding/working for eachother or working together? There's almost nothing.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  6. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

My fluff pieces have a back story of a Slann political/philosophical division. A minority of Slann, led by the Slann Merestar, want to more actively ally with the Forces of Order and after trying to sway the other Slann for thousands of years they said "Fine, we'll do it ourselves!"

They first tried to raise humans themselves. I wrote The Fall of Turochlitan chronicling the disastrously failed attempt.

@discomute wrote two stories from the human view. My Father the Inventor from the point of view of a pro-Lizardmen loyalist and The Red Day covered the point of view of one of the rebels.

Much later, the Merastar had the idea of "allying" with Vampire Counts by tricking a vampire into fighting on behalf through an elaborate subterfuge. This kind of worked for the Lizardmen but the cost in Lizardmen blood was high.

In my story New Alliances, they finally have their first real success via an alliance with a warmblood race, largely because Skinks took point on this rather than Merastar directing events from afar.

It also helped that while only a small minority of Lustrian Slann back Merastar's crazy plan, Merastar's faction managed to sway most of the Southland's Slann after it was Merastar who reopened telepathic communications with them at the end of Divided We Fall.

So at least in my fluff universe, the Southlands Forces of Order are working together.

That's enough tooting of my own horn.

Lots of other writers here write about Lizardmen teamups, I just do it more consistently because it's kind of the main theme of my pieces.

7. Mr.Crocodile
    Chameleon Skink

Mr.Crocodile Well-Known Member

Now that Scalenex has tooted his own horn to offer some homebrew examples, I feel comfortable doing the same ;)

In my story Herald of the Old Ones, a newly refunded temple city's Slann lord is carrying out a semi-succesfull experiment on integrating humans into Lizardmen society. Doing so believing that, much like how a saurus and a Skink can in theory both do the same things but each is best employed in specific roles, warm-bloods could fulfill an active roll in the Great Plan that the Slann might not even have envisioned.

Sudsinabucket and Josh Lane like this.