1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

7th Ed. lizardmen in 8ed, what do you think?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Walgis, May 3, 2010.

1. vict0988
    Cold One

vict0988 Member

item : cupped hands (i think in all my games i killed about 5 wizards with it and a lot of wounds have been dealt and tons of horriple slann deaths)
    dicipline : + 1 dice per spell (it gives you 18 PD at 50 points just to compare the power stone costs 20 and gives 2.
    rare : yeah pretty much sallies. They kill tons when they kill tons they can go bad but really they are very cheap for what they do. even if they dont do anything you havent wasted a lot of points.

2. Cyb3rw0lf
    Skink

Cyb3rw0lf New Member

Personally I just hope we get some Skink lord choices. whats that? A Skink Priest/Chief with 100pts of magic items? Yes please!

3. Oldblood Charlie
    Jungle Swarm

Oldblood Charlie New Member

I don't know about that. A Slann with life lore in a massive unit of Temple Guard is going to put the hurt on most everyone. T8, regaining wounds, stubborn on LD9 with a re-roll and cold-blooded, with a Slann pumping out Dwellers every turn and bouncing miscasts onto enemy wizards...

4. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Yes It sounds like a good deal, but You must know that this Death Star is almost entierly dependant on the Slann and his spells, a Deathstar unit is for example a Horde of White Lions, with a banner than prevents all casting on the unit. Od a chosen bunker with a 3+ Ward save, Or in the Last VC Armybook, a 50 GG with Ws10 and a Banner that granted them +1 to Hit and another Banner with regeneration... Our TG require some Decent Buffs to be effective:)

5. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I agree I think the TG bunk is deathstar enough for us.
    Not every race has an effective deathstar unit and I think thats probably for the best.

A big part of my fear of taking Lore of Light in tourneys is it doesn't have a deathstar counter.

Dwellers is great for putting the hurt on those kinda of players.

I think one of our biggest strengths if the Scar Vet.
    Incredible stat line for only 85 points (I just started playing High Elves and you get S3, T3 for 85 point there)
    Kitted out cheap they add great punch to the lasting power of the saurus.

6. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

The list of other deathstars you just made all had buffs or extra equipment or upgrades as well, so...?

7. gilljoy
    Jungle Swarm

gilljoy New Member

Over on warseer hasting is hinting about a possible lizardmen release around March 2013.

I'm guessing its a new book and the new big unit that seems to be the new standard for a fantasy release.
    Wonder what kits they'll re-do / upgrade.

8. totzro
    Kroxigor

totzro Active Member

I think our release will be more in line like they did for empire. A new big kit or 2 (monsters more than likely) some monstrous cavalry, but nothing to big.

We have quite a lot of plastic kits and most of our stuff got finecast treatment recently.

What I dread is the new rules as I like my lizzies so much :p

9. gilljoy
    Jungle Swarm

gilljoy New Member

More new stuff

10. Anton_S
    Temple Guard

Anton_S Member

I read that one on Warseer too, and what strikes me is that everything in it looks like it might be educated guessing and reasonable wishlisting and that makes me think there is no real source behind this rumour.

Some of it is no doubt accurate, I would make many of the same assumptions.

11. CaptainKirk
    Saurus

CaptainKirk New Member

any updated rumors being leaked? Been a while and usually there is more gossip when an army is getting closer to it's re-release :)

12. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Nothing that comes to mind. I think the last we heard, we may get something late this year or early next year.

13. CaptainKirk
    Saurus

CaptainKirk New Member

mmmm I wish things would happen faster -.- I love seeing those shotty images taken from a bag camera of what our rumored models are supposed to look like :p

14. Eladimir
    Salamander

Eladimir New Member

I know you wait so long to find out an army other than yours is being updated. Warriors of Chaos looked pretty awesome. I can't imagine how Bret and Dwarf players feel.

15. Qupakoco
    Skink Chief

Qupakoco Keeper of the Dice Staff Member

Wood Elves too.

I have a strong feeling that after Games Day we will get a bucket load of new lizzy photos. I believe the current schedule is Double Daemons > High Elves > Tau > Lizardmen. By my calculations that puts us having a new book sometime aroung July/August. Hopefully.

The old rumors are here. The gist of it all is we are supposedly going monster-heavy.

I noticed on my new box of Skinks that the sprues are marked 2002. I didn't think the models were 11 years old already. Think we'll be getting new ones? I've also read that getting the "Finecast Treatment" usually means that GW is phasing those models out, which applies to a larger part of our forces.

16. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Almost all of our metal models are already in finecast...
    {not sure about swarms, some Skink characters. and Skink command unit}

17. geoQuant
    Skink

geoQuant New Member

Which of our current units will get new models? I haven't been modeling since the 6th edition. Anxious to start again, but also hesitant to build an army after reading rumors of a late release this year. In the transition from cartoony 5th edition models to the bad-ass 6th edition, lots of armies received full revisions of their models. Will it be the same in the 8th? I don't, and here are my predictions:

Lords/Heroes
    Slann - new
    Carnosaur/Old one - new

Core
    saurus - same
    skinks - same
    swarms - new, these are OLD

Special
    Stegadon - same
    Temple Guard - same
    Saurus Calvary - new
    Chameleon Skinks - new
    Kroxigor - new
    Terradon - new

Rare
    Razordon - new
    Salamander - new

I know, nothing shocking as most of these models are now Finecast. But, based on this list, is it safe to say that modelers in the meantime can bulk out the core units of their lizzie armies? Or do you think saurus and skinks will look dramatically different? I would LOVE some meatier looking saurus...

18. lizardbrain
    Jungle Swarm

lizardbrain New Member

first time i read the topic i thought "what a weirdo." then i realized the B was an eight. who's the weirdo now? :jawdrop:

19. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

Great first post! ( I LOL'd)

Welcome to the forum.

20. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

With more views than any other topic I would flee from this site as fast as I could...