1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Mazdamundis Command Revealed *SPOILER ALERT*

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

What if Chaos really is going to finally win and take over the world?

Maybe the Exodus is a way to get everyone, not just lizards, to a new world. If you want to live, you go with Mazdamundi. The Wood Elves have apparently already left in a portal. Maybe they are getting to the new world first.

2. LawGnome
    Chameleon Skink

LawGnome Active Member

Actually.... that's a pretty good idea. It lets them do a full reset on the setting and introduce new armies. Mazdamundi takes the lizards to a new world. Due to magic (or whatever fluff they want to use), there is only one good planet in range of everyone. So Mazdamundi is surprised to see the wood elves there. However, the forces of chaos manage to follow through the wood elves portal, due to the taint of dark magic on the wood elves.

They can introduce a new race that was already there, and find reasons for each of the other races to find their way to the new world. Now there are new land masses and new artifacts to find. Everyone settles in a new area, so now there are different groups at war: The dark elves are now fighting the empire, the wood elves are fighting the daemonic incursion streaming through their own portal, etc.

The undead take over the old world, then reach through the portals to influence the new world.

It lets them do new stories, make up new armies, etc. Could be interesting.

3. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Which only increases the bonus, not the level. You don't get the additional spell. Also, lose 4 levels, and you are now unable to casts spells, even if you had more spells to cast. Level 5s can lose an additional level.

The difference is slight, but it DOES exist.

I can't name the number of times i've lost all my wizard levels.. but I also seem to have a natural affinity to rolling those 6s, which is kinda not-good when I keep IFing all the time.. 1 more would really have made a difference.

4. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

............This seems so possible......didnt know about the woodies? what is that exactly?
    (if its in the Return of Nagash novel please dont tell me :D im reading it with haste!)

it would make SO much sense! all variables line up:

- The "Exodus" can be fulfilled without lizardmen leaving warhammer
    - The end times are truly fulfilled without warhammer ending
    - Warhammer WILL never be the same again
    - GW gets writers freedom as in 40K where they aren't limited to a single world anymore. Fantasy in a 40K world-setting...I like it! .....(for now)

-SPECULATION ALERT-
    Also: Mazdamundi litteraly means Light of the world in latin...could it be perceived as a Dawn of a new world?

I can just see it:

The last great hero escapes and just as the portal closese the doom weapon goes of
    (its there for a reason. if they neglect to get it in play its just weak)
    killing of all life in the world...leaving it for ....Nagash

I remember someone wrote that "GW has meant to kill of characters without newer models in the near future"
    While this could easily be pure speculation...way too easy...it fits well:

Archaeon dies in the wake
    Mazdamundi stays back to see no ones gets through. It seems like something he would do, giving his life for the great plan to have another chance of succes.

- SPECULATION ALERT END -

5. chimaira2s
    Skink

chimaira2s New Member

Although valid points, and quite exciting, I don't think GW will throw away years of fairly consistent and unambiguous fluff that easily just to begin anew. Guess that would be too big a risk. "The End Times" could also just refer to an certain era, just like "The Medieval Times"

6. Ersh
    Cold One

Ersh Active Member

There can be no "exodus" or w/e.

According to the LM books - lizardmen is a dying race - Slanns are very limited resource and they can't be replenished. Lizardmen can born only in spawning pools... and LM cities almot all ruined.

So basically we can't leave Lustria until cities will be rebuild and Slanns will spawn again. Until that moment - we can only dream about real offence.

7. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Or, Mazdamundi attempts to activate one of the Old Ones devices, in an attempt to leave the planet, only to instead trigger a new "spawning pool", one which starts spewing out Slanns.

8. serbianwolf
    Cold One

serbianwolf Active Member

The idea of a colonization of a new planet sounds great, but i doubt that gw will do that because they would have to invent the whole new world, a unique world, and a whole new fluff......that just doesnt sound like gw.... :D

9. heuningby
    Saurus

heuningby Member

This actually makes sense. Kind of like a Hail Mary.

One problem though, I don't see how Mazdamundi would not know about it before hand.

10. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

also im pretty sure that Slann wasn't made in spawning pools. I seem to recall that somewhere in the fluff it states that the Slann was made by the old ones themselves, and descended from their starships.

They probably aren't a Copy Paste project you can just put in action at the cloning vats :p

11. Geth
    Skink

Geth New Member

The idea of spawning pools for slanns are rather interesting in terms of actual gameplay. We could have a baby-Slann (level 3 mage) with lesser points for disciplines and magic items. Would give us an better option for smaller point games.
    (on the other hand, when the 50% rule stays, the option is unnecessary.)

12. SilverFaith
    Terradon

SilverFaith Member

Well, if they came from the starships, it isn't farfetched that they find some in there. Maybe in stasis or something.

Or maybe the old ones left them a failsafe plan in case the plan failed this miserably.

I am a bit afraid of what they'll do with our LMs, but I do not think they'd kill of an entire army. squats only got killed because they were extremely unpopular, and sold horrendously bad.

I disagree. I'd love to have some better options for mages than weak and limited skinks, without having to pay a quarter of my 2000 points army to do so. Everyone else have level 3s are about 200 points, and level 4s at about 300 points (at most), but we jump straight from 65 points, to 100 for a level 2, to 400 for a level 4. Our slanns might have a slew of awesome special rules, but I'd still prefer having a "middle of the road" type of deal, especially considering our skinks don't even have access to our faction specific lore.

And really, considering that VC pay 325 points for a levelv 4 wizard with a better statline than our oldbloods, i wouuldn't exacltly call it "unfair" if we reduced his price a bit. which would make sense fluffwise, if they suddenly found more slanns.

13. Waah
    Skink

Waah New Member

I know we aren't lucky enough to have it happen but if all that came out of this was an actual Mazdamundi model I would love it. I am just not a good enough hobbyist to make my own custom Mazda

14. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

I think it seems more than possible.

15. archangel
    Skink

archangel New Member

Some new photos:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r_tumeoZSOQlg5cnlnY01ObjA/edit

The first one is upside down, but it shows one of our cities under attack. I found the link on Carpe Noctum, hope it works.

16. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

NOT WORKING FOR ME. :depressed:

17. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B6r_tumeoZSOQlg5cnlnY01ObjA/edit

found the link too. It works but takes a long time to load.

It is indeed our cities!

can anyone tell if its from the Nagash books?

18. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

I Got the ebook if someone is interested in something.

19. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Everything please :p

The Kroq-gar and Mazdamundi deal is more or less covered. Is there anything else regarding us?

what else happens?

20. Geth
    Skink

Geth New Member

+1 to this!

Although i guess lizzies only play a minor role in the first book. But, as so often when it comes to GW's storytelling, i hope i am wrong.