1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Mazdamundis Command Revealed *SPOILER ALERT*

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Discussion' started by Mr Phat, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Myster2
    Saurus

Myster2 New Member

Actually considering my slann has been turned into a rat about 80% of the time i play skaven I find this idea very plausible...

2. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

Maybe we should fullfill the GW mail with lizard desires. The game is changing now, and maybe they could consider our advices if we write 10000+ mails :D

3. Mr Phat
    Skink Chief

Mr Phat 9th Age Army Support

4. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

yeah, this. And maybe new disciplines\generations for Slanns? Something which can make double slann worth? Something ç____ç

5. Vosrik
    Cold One

Vosrik Well-Known Member

Man, I gotta say I really, reeeeaallly like the idea of everyone going to a new planet and kinda starting over. A chance for more lore, kind of a reset for all the races. Also, if I know Games Workshop, they like money. So what's a better way of making money than having new rules, new lore, and new races? ($$$ for them in books)

6. IronJaw
    Cold One

IronJaw Member

After seeing one of the new "sneak-peek" videos, it seemed to group the High Elves, Empire, Bretonnian, and Dwarves together in such a way that they /might/ be one book.....

If so, that would stink.... That would make 2-3 "Evil" books, and 1 or so "Good" books... That makes a lame balance of power for a story...

7. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US...m-the-White-Dwarf-Team/2014/10/06/Empires-Rot

That's the link for the new teaser. I really hope all week each teaser is focused on a separate daemonic force. GW's nurgle focus in rules and fluff has been....annoying. I don't even play an 'evil' army and I would love to see Khorne, Slaanesh, and Tzeench to get just as much love as Nurgle has. The parity of the 4 daemonic entities has always been a big part of the fluff, it should be the same in both gameplay and continued stories.

8. Sleboda
    Troglodon

Sleboda Active Member

Actually, in the fluff the Dark Gods have waxed and waned with respect to each other. It's just Nurgle's time at the moment.

Also, from a gaming standpoint, those of us who have loved Nurgle for decades but always felt like an afterthought compared to Khorne are really loving this period of dominance. :)

9. hardyworld
    Kroxigor

hardyworld Active Member

Oh I know that the 4 chaos gods' power always wax and wain (I imagine due to the other 3 actually working 'together' out of need). I've always seen the power of the 4 gods continually playing out like a 3 player game of Risk: the amount of land doesn't change, but the power of each army rises and falls turn to turn due to the ever-changing focus of each adversary, making for a long long seesaw of power (of course, in the game of risk this long battle is mercifully ended by well-timed card reinforcement sets to lead to domination...not an option for any of the 4 dark gods in their Great Game).

Back in 6th Ed. I felt like each of the respected 4 powers had more even footing on the warhammer tabletop battlefield (in gameplay). Perhaps my perception of the past is not accurate.

10. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

I feel that i need to say this:
    The nagash campaign won't lead into a new LM army book. All the things i seem to read on this thread is to do with what people don't like about the LM book. We're talking about the release of new core rules here, not a new LM book (we've only just got a new book, it'll be quite a few years before we see a newie).

:D

11. Rettile
    Ripperdactil

Rettile Active Member

probably tomb kings players used to think they had to wait the next armybook to receive the buffs they got with Nagash ;)

anyway we're probably wishlisting too much :D

12. Slanputin
    Carnasaur

Slanputin Well-Known Member

Has anyone/does anywhere have this artwork?