1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Nashcon usa

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by chefofwar, Aug 22, 2021.

1. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

This is a really cool list, congratulations on getting the 4-1! I wanted to ask you, if you faced off against an Archaon and why you went for Dracothians Tail?

Putzfrau likes this.
  2. Tichi Huichi Raider
    Skink

Tichi Huichi Raider Member

Oh my friend also does the empty thrones list, do you know which list won in the head to head?

3. chefofwar
    Chameleon Skink

chefofwar Well-Known Member

The arch list took that game I believe

Putzfrau likes this.
  4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

I didn't play archaon or morathi so got pretty lucky. Sylvaneth, idoneth, skaven, knights of the empty throne, and finally KO.

Went with dracothians tail because I think salamanders are the best answer to some of the tougher stuff in the game and the deepstrike ability is so strong to alpha or beta strike. Let's you position yourself and always control threat ranges. I think seraphons biggest weakness is inability to take a punch and this is our best tool to combat that.

5. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

If you had played against them, would you have tried to kill all their other stuff, ignoring the two big bads, like it's being suggested as a "good" way for Seraphon to deal with them?

Why have you choosen to take a Bastiladon? Are 9 shots hitting at 3+ enough to justify it's cost, or did you also use it to block stuff with it's 1+ save?

Just A Skink, Tyranitar and Putzfrau like this.
  6. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

So with those two its always about positioning and taking the safest trades IMO. Usually I'll go for everything else, in arch tzeentch it's kairos and the sorc lord if he's around unless the big man gets himself into a dangerous position. DOK it's the bow snakes and just making sure morathi is taking 3 every turn. You can pick up the little stuff pretty easily with spells or just a single salamander unit.

Basti gives you range to ping heroes that'll always be deep like hags and sorc lords and stuff like that. 3 damage to demons is good against kairos and 1+ save is good again anything that doesn't do mortals. So he can just sit and hold a flank forever if you position him across from the right stuff. Even when he gets low you can heal him with the priest or spend a cp to have him be at top bracket and have his 1+ again. Also let's you put all 3 of the sally units in the sky and you still have something the priest can buff. Let's you play the long game really well. You can just be so patient.

Edit: forgot to add it also let's you score extra battle points which is huge.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
  7. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

Alright, thank you very much for the advice against the two big bads! Do you have some advice for dealing with Gargants? I want to attend my first 16 player tournament in october and would like to soak up as much of that juicy knowledge possible :)

You said something about healing your Bastiladon with the Priest, but you have "Curse" in your list as his prayer, just curious. I'm imagining you will try to get 3d3 summoning points each turn, with casting Comet's Call and Mystic Shield from the Slann, with Stellar Tempest and Walk between Realms as utility spells. Why did you start with Walk between Realms and not Celestial Apotheosis to give your basti even more healing? Also what would you summon with the pts you get? mostly Skinks and more Salamanders, i asume?

Just A Skink and Putzfrau like this.
  8. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

I had to use Curse and walk between realms with the basti list because I forgot to change them when I submitted both lists lol. Heal is better, id honestly consider Celestial equilibrium instead of Walk Between realms just to get the starseers spell off

Against gargants you'll want to probably come down on a side so you can focus fire them as they come towards the salamanders. Try to fight off objectives if you can. Screen off objectives if you can to try and keep the primaries in your favor. Be smart about battle tactics, don't get greedy and pick any of the kill ones unless you are 100% positive you will kill one.

Pretty much 3d3 summoning a turn usually aiming for sallies but dumping early for skinks if needed. Never anything other than those two honestly.

Biggest piece of advice is just practice. So much of the game is just knowing what to do into what matchups, knowing what kind of damage to expect and what kind of damage you can take when.

9. Tobi131313
    Skink

Tobi131313 Member

Couldn't you put the Asterisk onto the Starseer, then both Slann and Skink have +2 to cast? Or do you want to go with the +1 to advance and charge, for potential charges with the Salamanders?

Thank you for tips against those giants! I will do my best to get as many practice games in as I can manage.

Just A Skink and Putzfrau like this.
  10. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Nah I usually put it on the slann. Comets call on d6 units is too good and shackles or Stellar tempest are usually super clutch.

Honestly I probably should, but I'm a sucker for the near guarantee vs a chance to wiff everything. And comets is pretty important to get off. So much of the damage is tied up in salamanders, all the incidental damage you can do through spells and the engine and random stuff like starseer shooting ends up being really important to ping stuff off or clear out chaff units.

+1 charge is situational but im not usually charging salamanders in outside of a single unit with thr 3d6 on it and that's pretty safe.