1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS New Battletome, New List Archetypes

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by VikingRage, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Koatl's
    Scar vet on a carnasaur: general with vengeful defender,tuskhelm,leadership of alpha
    Slann: with telepathic summons
    Astrolith Bearer

20x Warriors
    6x Lancers
    6x Lancers

Umbral Spell portal
    seems like a one drop smasher, carnasaur moves20" aggrodons move 16" warriors go wherever you want

VikingRage likes this.
  2. PJetski
    Chameleon Skink

PJetski Active Member

Only GALLETIAN CHAMPIONS can take the Tuskhelm and Leadership of the Alpha

3. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

swapping out for blade of realities and passing loa to slann anything else i could do?

4. Vexcor
    Kroxigor

Vexcor Well-Known Member

i will try at least a pack of 6x Aggrodons in a Koatl List. interested in how much carnage they can make

5. Aralgmad
    Jungle Swarm

Aralgmad New Member

What are you doing with the Slan after jumping a unit? He will be quite lonely then.

6. VikingRage
    Razordon

VikingRage Well-Known Member

I would be tempted to drop a unit chargers and add in 3 sets of terrawings. (Or a unit of guard and one msu terrawing unit). You could leave the lancers as a 6 man and a 3 man, double reinforce it, or split it up into 3 msu units. Basically, it might not be a bad idea to be able to gum up the board a little while that big block of warriors get to work.

7. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

yes i think you're off to find some gumball points thank you!

VikingRage likes this.
  8. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

Terrawings? I'd rather take Hunters or regular Skinks for that.

9. VikingRage
    Razordon

Generally I would agree, but it's really tight on points. I will admit that I like having a lot of units to move around on the board to screen or create stubbling blocks with. I also play with a lot of terrain in my meta.

But it shakes out to 1990 with 3 terrawing units, 1995 with 1 skink + 2 terra, or 2k even if you swap the skinks for hunters with bolas.

I like the terrawings because they can fly, and it is relatively easy to hide them behind terrain to screen out your board against opposing DStrikes.

With this list's goal and abusing the Coalesced spell until it gets FAQ'd (it will, so keep that in mind), you could literally hide the Slann in a corner behind the Realmshaper (new Slann has an 80mm base, just measured it) and still teleport that block of warriors just about anywhere on the board still. Screening it out is much easier than it could be otherwise.

10. VikingRage
    Razordon

Cheers! I would love to hear how it shakes out when you start getting some games in!

11. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Getting heavenly frenzy off reliably has been hard. 7 to cast with only a +1. I think aggradons will have a place as a pinning unit that just needs vengeful defender + its regular move to threaten on most plans.

VikingRage likes this.
  12. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Ok so silly question as I've never encountered this situation before . I've been turning pages like a 1990's choose your own adventure story and not finding my answer(probably old man brain farts, watch out kids it happens faster than you realize). Does a 2+ to hit natural modified to 1 say all out attack auto hit or are 1+ to hit not allowed. Reason being is I'm seeing Chotecs second ranged option Stream of fire with 12" range/2+tohit and thinking OldBlood on Carnasaur squad(multiple artillery units) of Spawn of chotec, Draco Tail drop right before another planned attack. If your only rolling 3+ to wound at -2 rend seems like good numbers to shave wounds before the clean up crew.

My paper cut fingers and blurry vision thank you in advance.

VikingRage likes this.
  13. VikingRage
    Razordon

Nah, that's a good question. A couple things are relevant and need to be kept in mind. To answer your question simply, rolling a 1 will always be an autofail, and rolling a 6 will always be an autohit. Having an extra +1 to hit on a 2+ helps protect against an opponent's debuffs if they can dish out a -1 to hit on your unit.

Not directly related to your question, but at least connected, I want to reinforce that you can never benefit from more than a +1 or a -1 to hit on your attacks from buffs.

Cheers!

14. Doons
    Saurus

Doons Member

Thanks I kind of knew the answer(autofail 1's) just needed confirmation + just saved 285 points because its still a great profile in tandem with auxillery attacks from a charge.....and its fairly cheap, large foot print, 8 wounds is not too shabby either

15. Vallis
    Cold One

Vallis Active Member

The Raptadon Chargers are an okay target for the Serpent Staff, with their 31 attacks. But I tend to lean Starseer as well with his two casts and excellent warscroll spell and ability.

16. Vallis
    Cold One

Vallis Active Member

The Scar-Vet on Aggradon's Alpha Roar ability is written in a way that I think means you can only use the ability once per game, even if you have multiple Scar-Vets on Aggradon. It says:

"Once per battle, at the start of your combat phase, you can pick 1 friendly unit with this ability on the battlefield to unleash a feral roar. If you do so, increase the rage score of friendly Aggradon units wholly within 18" of that unit by 1 (to a maximum of 3)."

The "Once per battle" seems to be for activating the ability across all units.

VikingRage likes this.
  17. Kal
    Jungle Swarm

Kal New Member

That's how I read it as well

18. VikingRage
    Razordon

Well, that's a more accurate interpretation of the rules than the hype addled version I came up with at 2 in the morning,:facepalm:.

It solidly puts Aggradons in the "they're okay" pile for me. I do wish that they would just downtick a level when caught outta combat, but I haven't playtested a list with them yet either.