1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

I think you've stumbled upon GW's new Ferengi plan! ;)

[​IMG]

2. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

I mean, we learned that when AoS launched and people made pyres ....

3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I vaguely remember there being some historical balista's that had multiple strings. Or at least an old design in a book that could've had multiple strings. But it's always siege-level equipment not something an individual soldier could wield.

Also, modern bows have multiple strings/one big string? Not sure it looks like they have multiple. Maybe those work the same?

4. Nart
    Carnasaur

Nart Well-Known Member

But what makes me really sad is that we didn't get Templeship Orbital Bombardment abilty. I guess, this would be the level of awesomeness, that doesn't exist.

Anyway, I'm going to imagine, that each time EotG rolls 9-12, it calls for orbital support and Templeship strikes with rays of incinerating azure energies, where needed.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Come on, that's too broken even for GW to implement ;)

Nart and Carnikang like this.
  6. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Tehenhauin does it in TW:W2.... I wish he was a named character again.... Or at least they brought the Skink Prophet back as a general priest with a damage buff or something.

7. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Well, your wish may well be granted when TOW arrives if GW know what they're doing with it!

Carnikang and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.
  8. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

I’m hoping for Nakai to buff kroxigors.

9. Cuetzpal Pilli
    Temple Guard

Cuetzpal Pilli Well-Known Member

A Nakai model based off the one in TWW2 would be phenomenal!!

It sounds silly, but do you think GW would use some of the concept/final art from TW on the final kit boxes of TOW stuff? Something tells me no, but it would be kinda cool to see!!

10. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

You know, an easy way to Expand our model line would be to give us more Kroxigors. A named hero (Nakai), a generic hero (Ancient Kroxigor), an Anvil unit (Kroxigors with big sheilds and one handed weapons), and then a hammer unit/double unit (normal Kroxigors with two handers, or the magic boxing gloves for more MW/Rend).

That'd be neat. They could even add them in a campaign book, with Allegiances that benefited Kroxigors for Coalesced and Starborne.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

It'd be more likely that they would use artwork from 8th Edition Fantasy and older, although they have got rid of box artwork completely for 40K and AoS and just have a pic of the miniature on the front anyway, so I can't see them doing anything different for TOW. I know it sucks, but GW think for some incomprehensible reason that it looks better.

Cuetzpal Pilli and Imrahil like this.
  12. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

If they give AoS more regular releases next year as they did last year, I hope they do spend some more time adding new models for factions that have comparatively little, rather than mucking about with campaign books as 8th Edition 40K has been doing. I don't think Seraphon should be at the top of that list because they already have a lot of units compared to many other armies, but it would be good if every AoS army got something new once in a while.

Cuetzpal Pilli likes this.
  13. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

The campaign books for 40k are a mess. As opposed to WotE. .

I agree about more armies receiving models though. We need resculpts for many units that are aging poorly, in our book, as well as others.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I just hope they stop releasing entire new armies, or in the case of stuff like the SCE chambers subfactions that might as well be entire new armies. The list of factions is just getting way too long. And with 20+ factions it's already impossible to give everyone their time in the spotlight. Keeping that many up to date is simply hopeless. Give us smaller and more regular updates to existing stuff. It'd also be more organic fluff-wise as the natural story progression allows for the introduction for new units instead of havign an entire new race crawl out from under a rock all of a sudden...

15. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Alternatively, all those casting rolls you're doing for damaging spells and endless spells? That's not to cast the spell itself; that's to telepathically relay the right target coordinates to the temple ship's many weapon batteries.

Nart and Carnikang like this.
  16. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I can appreciate that. Honestly, I think I was more focused (too focused?) on taking each model individually. These archers do look repetitive and "static" when grouped, but it's just the little touches that GW's newer models have that I like. I agree about the helmets though. Lumineth must have WIDE doors.

17. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I can see why you want this, but I don't want the existing armies to have so many different units that they become as bloated as the 8th Edition 40K factions, there is such a thing as too much choice. I think GW should do a bit of both rather than a lot of one or the other - once they've released Lumineth and Sons of Behemat they should start releasing second waves to the factions in most need of them to give them more variety, then release something new after that has all subsided to add a new ingredient into the mix, then do some more updates and so on.

Imrahil, Canas and Just A Skink like this.
  18. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

The only thing I disagree with is there being more than one Bloated 40k faction.

We all know there's one huge offender, and which one it is. Every other army at least has niches or builds that allow for different units to shine.

Space Marines.

*Spit*

19. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

and AoS factions are generally far smaller again. There's AoS faction with 6-7 different models. I'm sure those can be expanded upon relativly easily :p

Plus, if nothing else, this is were subfactions can come in handy. The SCE chambers could be brilliant for this. Technically they are one faction and can use all 50 or so units. But each subfaction has their own core that is most efficient to use together. A sacrosant chamer relies on sequitors, a regular chamber on their liberators. Give some bonusses to subfactions for using their "own" core and you should see different lists being viable.

20. Skained
    Chameleon Skink

Skained Well-Known Member

uff a shadespire band with nakai and kroxigors

Imrahil and Cuetzpal Pilli like this.