1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

let us all temper our expectations while this is probably for us it would not be the first time a rummer engine has gone sour

2. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

There are like 6 or 7 distinct StD warcry warbands, giving us a second, properly dedicated, warband seems fine.

But yeah, probably underworlds is more likely. I just don't want it to be underworlds :p

3. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

My bet is warcry or shadespire.
    But a new model for AoS would be exceptional!

4. Alladin the Paladin
    Chameleon Skink

Alladin the Paladin Well-Known Member

true. I guess in my mind I just figured it’s best guess is a named priest, but I would probably just use it as a generic one (unless named one is awesome but that’s not too frequent from my minor knowledge of the AoS warscrolls for underworlds models. Hopefully it’s not a second Starpriest since we have one already. I guess I could proxy either way (and I have my heavily converted spare oracle to add to the mix as well)

Just A Skink and LizardWizard like this.
  5. Just A Skink
    Skink Chief

Just A Skink Well-Known Member

I would REALLY love for this to be a new Seraphon model (or models). It does resemble the Lizardmen/Seraphon aesthetic.

Assuming that it is lizards, I agree with the guesses that it's a Seraphon Underworlds warband. It makes the most sense. That's fine I guess, because it will likely have a model that you can proxy for another hero (like the skink priest or starpriest). Personally, I doubt it would be another Seraphon Warcry warband, but you never know.

However, it could also be something crazy; like a Seraphon star player for Blood Bowl, or an unseen model from the new Khainites Warcry warband (they like snakes too) or... a Zoat. :rolleyes:

6. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

I was just logging into the forum to post the same thing :D

7. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Couple this with the crab claw of last week and this is quite a departure from the normal approach to rumour engines. At face value, both VERY obviously hint at specific armies.

I wonder if GW are trying to give players something more concrete to keep them engaged at the moment...?

Either way, as a Seraphon (first) and Idoneth player, I’m optimistic that there’ll be something of interest for me soon :D

8. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I lean towards the speculation that they will be an Underworlds Warband.

Grotpunter and Just A Skink like this.
  9. Xuil
    Chameleon Skink

Xuil Well-Known Member

Also, I’m actually hoping for Shadespire.

The scrolls for named hero’s tend to be slightly ‘plus’ variants of the base unit. Given what our heroes do, even a small tweak to one buffing ability could result in a huge plus.
    I’ll start making sacrifices now for an on-foot Oracle for a range-unlimited vassal....

10. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

A foot Oracle or buffed up Skink Priest/Starpries with a Krox and some Chameleon Skinks would be awesome!

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

they're generally a hero + variant, but they come with a few downsides that usually make em underwhelming

- No artifact/traits/etc. for named characters...
    - The benefit is usually fairly minor, a +1 to hit on say a starpriest's Venombolt won't exactly change much..
    - The basic hero they represent isn't super special.

So meh... much rather would've a warcry band as those seem to be better units in the main game than the underworld warbands.

Just A Skink likes this.
  12. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

Both are hit or miss. The Skaven, Slaves to Darkness, and Night Haunt Warbands form Underwolrds are all very worth taking. About half of the Chaos Warcry Warbands are strictly worse than just taking Marauders. What really matters is them being useful to standard AoS for me. I enjoy Underworld and Warcry, but I play 2k Matched Play the most.

Just A Skink, Nart and Erta Wanderer like this.
  13. ThePhilosopherX
    Saurus

ThePhilosopherX Active Member

Even if it's an underworld warband, it's still new sculpts that can be used for proxies in AoS. underworlds war bands make excellent supplementary models to diversify a unit. I'd love to see what they can do with a new saurus or kroxigor model in this day and age.

14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, I feel like the warcry warbands have the best chance of providing an actual decent unit in standard AoS. They might not necesarly be strictly better, but they have much more of a personality to give them a clear distinction from their "regular" counterparts. Plus, the way the warcry bands are setup they are essentially just "regular" units with a banner, a musician & a captain and 5-7 rank and file soldiers. Instead of the random collection of assorted nonsense that are the underworld warbands where each follower wields a different weapon and often only 1 follower is actually usefull while the other 3-4 are barely worth the title of fodder. It also helps that you can actually build an army around warcry warbands whereas underworld warbands are unique. So even if they are good you usually won't be able to build a strategy around em.

Say the corvus cabal might not be strictly better than regular marauders, but the ability to fly on battleline is at the very least interesting and has potential. In contrast for example the skaven underworld band is merely a clawlord with no shield and a mix of polearm + warpforged blade. Which isn't that much of a difference compared to a regular clawlord. The followers are nice as they have a wardsave and replenish, but with only 4 skaven followers it's not like that ward-save is going to be enough against any serious opposition.

Captaniser and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  15. Asvic
    Skink

Asvic New Member

New sylvaneth WHU band is actually good because of their spell.

16. Grotpunter
    Troglodon

Grotpunter Well-Known Member

100% Underworld Warband. Ironjawz was also teased a new Warband not too long ago. Seems like a new season is underway.

17. Asvic
    Skink

Asvic New Member

Maybe... Just maybe... Considering we have pics from different factions (stormcasts, deepkin, lizards, ossys)… Maybe a new edition of Warhammer Quest?

18. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That DoK teaser warband, was that a warcry or underworld one? Given this:

[​IMG]

And several other similar teases & mentions of Fangs of Sotek pinning the blame for sacrifices on DoK, I wouldn't be surprised if we get a box of DoK versus Seraphon at some point.

19. lazycaptain35
    Saurus

lazycaptain35 Member

A man can dream

LizardWizard likes this.
  20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

I think that would run against GW's habit of always putting armies from different Grand Alliances into those boxes.

LizardWizard likes this.