1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

And don't get me started on the "build a bear" style custom hive rules that were lackluster as get all.

2. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

It was merely a joke on my part, but I apologise all the same.

I thought Dark Eldar were quite well-treated compared to Tyranids, but you are right, it wouldn’t solve the problem by redirecting the middle finger elsewhere, it’d just make it worse.

Yeah it’d be great if Imperium were given the nerf-bat, but it wouldn’t happen, GW love them too much.

If some non-Imperial faction had to get it I’d want Chaos Space Marines to get it given they got so much love in 7th and 8th Editions, but again it probably won’t happen.

You heard this GW, give Tyranids new rules where they can devour the nancy-boy Blood Angels once and for all, because to allow those poofs to win so easily despite the odds being so heavily against them is criminal!

ChapterAquila92 and ILKAIN like this.
  3. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Tyranids don't need new rules. They are top tier as long as you have forge world. Hive guard ignoring los and shooting twice a turn, hierodules and dimachaerons shredding things to bits. Flying hive tyrants with great guns and Overflowing with psychic powers. The army is in a great spot.

4. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Well, most players either can’t afford to or don’t want to pay Forge World’s ridiculous prices, and an army that only has a few really good units is an army in need of an update, because any army with all-round better units can simply concentrate fire on the few good units in the army build to render the others next to useless and take the win.

ILKAIN and ChapterAquila92 like this.
  5. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

Never should a armies strength be determined by what GW forgot to do, and so another company had to step up.... especially since the points cost of all forge world units is astronomical for what they do in 40k. every army should be "decent" on the base model line up.

6. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

Acehilator Well-Known Member

I know there's not much going on atm, but it's still no need to go offtopic for pages. Tyranid discussion should at least go into the 40k thread. Or someone open a new thread.

7. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

There is a debate on the 40k thread. And for a different topic...

(which is not AoS, so it's still a different topic. :p)

8. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

TW:WH is very nice, I feel it just takes too damn long to fully play out a campaign. Also, when playing Lizardmen in TW:WH2, random DE doomstacks, wtf. And the great models make me depressed when looking at much of our model lineup :(

9. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

meh, doomstacks aren't the problem. What's a problem is the tendency of the AI to show up with 3-4 doomstacks at once (if not more). It sucks when you lose simply because you were outnumbered 4 to 1 and ran out of ammo after wiping out the 3th round of reinforcements...

Also, the campaign feels long cuz TW:WH has a wonky game-progression. You don't slowly work your way up from the early to the late game. You just need 1 city to reach rank 5 to essentially be in the "late" game, which can be done extremely quickly. At which point its mostly just a matter of painting the map or fullfilling other victory conditions. At least TW:WH has story-quests in additions to painting the map.

Really hope they fix those two issues for TW:WH 3 but I doubt it.

10. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

easy fix get lightning strike on some of your generals

11. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That doesn't help when I need to defend a city against 8 armies running out of the fog of war in the span of 1 turn after already having defended against another 3 armies the turn before (yay for multiple factions ganging up on you..). Attrition is simply too high to deal with that, even if my army is superiour & I have a garrison & walls to help me.

And sadly, that situation, or similar ones, happen surprisingly frequently.

As for lightning strike itself; it's a neat mechanic when you only use it in a few occasions to get a small advantage. But it shouldn't be mandatory just to deal with the AI's spam.

12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

wow if you let it get that bad then the only thing you have to blame is yourself. i don't even know how you would be ambushed by 8 armies. sounds like you need to do a better job of scouting.

cutting your opponents army in half or more is a bit better then "a small advantage" heck i've taken on entire chaos invasions with 1 full lizardman stack that way but it's not mandatory. and AI spam is only ever a problem if you let it get that bad in the first place. even when im fighting endgame Order tide on legendary, when they control 2 continents and it's every one against me i've never had it get that bad.

13. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

Here are some new undead models for the Warhammer Quest:

20-08-04 SO.jpg ikPdnwRGJmGdFx0V.jpg

Grrr, Imrahil

ChapterAquila92 and Ryanj4043 like this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Was conquering an AI and his allies and crushing them so far, after taking 3-4 quite large provinces killing one or two armies in each province the next province I went in suddenly had a combined 12 or so armies just sitting around from him and his allies. Retreated back to the nearest major settlement sacrificing a minor settlement to him and trying to weaken them with agents as much as possible. But the armies just followed me in one big blob. Which made it impossible to actually stop them. I think I lasted about 4 turns from that point onward before that entire flank of my empire had been crushed. O, and by the time that major city fell I he was already bringing in another set of fresh doomstacks as well.... Gods only know how they affored that.

This was by far the most extreme example though, but it's generally just not all that fun to run into multiple doomstacks just standing on top of eachother, or the AI showing up at an inconvenient moment with multiple armies out of nowhere. Even when I'm able to deal with it. It just feels rather cheap.

Meh, I must disagree with that. Most times when I run into issues with AI spam it's rather random and unexpected, and there isn't a whole lot I could've done to prevent it. E.g. in the aforementioned example I had been at war with the AI (and his allies) for quite a while, having crushed 2 members of their alliance already and the two surviving members had lost multiple armies and provinces. Yet they still somehow had a combined 12 stacks hanging around one of their capitals. And the economic power to replace the losses they suffered defeating my conquering armies & garrison I retreated to.

If you have a way to prevent that from somehow happening I'd love to hear it, cuz I don't see how I should've magically expected those armies to be hidden there or how to prevent it. Especially as up till that point they were losing rather badly.

15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O neat, this might explain the high amount of undead rumour engines though, so that's nice to know as well.

Imrahil likes this.
  16. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Cubicle 7 put out their February product update, and it includes a Seraphon themed PDF supplement coming for Soulbound at some point this year. It doesn’t explicitly say playable archetypes, but it’s hard to believe that’s not what it is (especially since Seraphon are already in the bestiary because they’re part of the Anvilguard adventure)
    https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-production-update-february/

Dread Saurian and Canas like this.
  17. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Remember what legendoftotalwar says about the lizardmen. "Just go life slann and stegadons. Or get a bunch of skink priests and put them on engine of the gods with a life slann" that way you can be attacked and attack without impunity

18. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

The first model of the new Warband for Uderworlds: Savage Orruks

w6FKtfHKMlIbngg6.jpg

Toofdagga, one of the boyz from Hedkrakka’s Madmob

Grrr, Imrahil

19. Acehilator
    Ripperdactil

GW went all in with Cathay for TW:WH3. Sounds like they created a complete lore package for Cathay, plus a complete unit roster. That's certainly unexpected.

20. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

neat