1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Roughly made spear (possibly barbed from the looks of the end), ogre head, though clean-shaven, and an elf head, without hair as well. Could be an Idoneth head.
    I know folks keep saying no to Vampirates elsewhere, considering the new Deathfaction and the vampires shown there.... But I'd say Undead Pirates at least.

Imrahil likes this.
  2. Imrahil
    Slann

Imrahil Thirtheenth Spawning

That was my first thought too.

This might fit Cursed City too. The Watch Captain with his eye-patch also gives some pirate vibes ;)

Grrr, Imrahil

Carnikang likes this.
  3. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Preview of Slaanesh subfactions, seems to be decent enough though too little info to really tell if its truly going to be powerfull or weak (or maybe balanced for once :p)

Kilvakar and Imrahil like this.
  4. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Info on the DoK faction endless spells is out:

https://www.warhammer-community.com...nes-new-endless-spells-are-almost-too-bloody/

The Bloodwrack Viper seems really powerful. It's got a very high chance of insta-killing five or six-wound heroes, and can even knock out something like an Idoneth eel or a Gore-Grunta in one shot, something very few spells can do.

Bladewind is more or less a typical d3 damage+minor debuff endless spell.

Heart of Fury basically gives Scaly Skin to anything wholly within 12".

I'm thinking Bind Endless Spell or Drain Magic might be worth taking against DoK now, lol!

Imrahil likes this.
  5. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

i like the snek seems good enough to consider taking.
    heart of fury looks to be in the wrong army as none of your aelfe clouds would want to stand still long enough to let it do it's thing.
    and while blade wind looks amazing i don't see anyone using it

6. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

That snake spell looks like it's going to be a pain to play against. Especially if it has a large movement range. It's going to make it rather easy to snipe support heroes. LoS won't work, and most endless spells can easily reach your backline with a cast + movement. Especially as it seems increadibly reliable for this. At least we have good unbinds and such. But armies that cannot reliable unbind that spell are going to suffer.

Though I do like that they're finally introducing spells that work well against stuff like idoneth eels and such. More different damage profiles for spells is nice. Magic against elite type units like eels so far has been rather limited. Nice to see other niches than anti-horde spells get explored as well.

I'm curious how this will turn out. I hope it ends up primarly being used as an anti-elite spell, and that support heroes remain relativly safe without too much problems. Support heroes already have to run from virtually everything, an endless spell specificly chasing them seems a bit much.

Heart of fury seems like it'd be deceptivly strong. Since you can drop it down where it's needed you can use it to neuter an opponents damage output when he tries to outflank you. It's not as usefull against armies like say ogres, who do 2+ damage pretty much army wide. But it's probably very usefull to tarpit a scary behemoth just a turn longer. Also, bear in mind that this could potentially stack with other defensive bonusses. And while DoK aren't exactly sturdy, stacking this + a mystic shield + maybe another bonus or two, could potentially turn those squishy aelves into a decently effective tarpit.

Sword whirlwind seems fairly unimpressive if it weren't for the fact that it covers a rather giant area with its debuff.

Carnikang and Imrahil like this.
  7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The more I think about it the more that snake spell seems like it might end up problematic; it's just so amazingly reliable against it's intended opponents and it doesn't seem to have any major drawback associated with it. I'm really curious how this is going to work out. Especially as DoK aren't bad casters, so even a high casting value won't really do much to keep this in check.

Also, slaanesh teaser.

Nothing super exciting, aside from them having no bad stats.

Though I am dissapointed that they gave Sigvald a decent minimum number of attacks, powered by vainglory seems like the perfect example where not having a minimum number of attacks would be appropriate. Watching Sigvald roll a bad charge, and being stuck with only 2 attacks would've been immensely satisfying. Or better yet, get him stuck in a tarpit so he can't charge and has no attacks cuz his vain ego can't deal with that. Would be thematic & it would've made for potentially interesting counterplay.

8. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

that just means people will actualy use them unlike 80% of endless spells. only the snake is good and it is by no means broken with plenty of counter play. it will be fine there are nastier endless spells out there.

bud he is 40 points more then our carnasuars and does about the same damage dropping his average damage down to 4 would be massive over kill even if it was thematic

Putzfrau likes this.
  9. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

You? Disappointed? NEVER! ;)

For the snake, i think we gotta see the movement first. The fact that it needs to land within an inch (can't move over) means it'll be trivial to box out of your heroes. it'll be most annoying against multi (2 or 3 wound) small units.

ILKAIN, Carnikang and Erta Wanderer like this.
  10. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Are there any other abilities that prevent damage from being negated? I think it's a pretty neat ability for Sigvald's sword.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  11. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

yes gotrek can do that.

Carnikang likes this.
  12. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Saw the Blissbarb and Slaangor warscrolls leaked on Reddit earlier today. People are saying the Slaangors are bad, but they look to be awesome hordebreakers. They can basically use Stellar Tempest in melee on a single unit after the combat phase.

Blissbarbs are looking a lot like Idoneth Eels. 14" movement, 4 wounds each, can run/shoot, but don't do nearly as much damage in melee.

Carnikang likes this.
  13. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

O, it's not broken-broken, especially since endless spells aren't spammable in any way. Nor is it the most powerfull spell in raw damage output. But it is probably the single most reliable spell and one of the few spells that poses an credible threat to units with 4+ wounds. In the hands of a good player that's going to be super powerfull and is going to allow a DoK player to zone out their opponents quite effectivly

O protecting one hero won't be too difficult, at least for a turn or two, since the screen will get killed quickly. But you'l need to box all your heroes. And your elite units. And you don't want your 2-3 wound units to get hit by it either. There's going to be a lot you need to protect, and I doubt you'l have that many screens available.

Anyway, the movement is going to be important. But given that predatory spells in general aren't slow, and DoK themselves are generally quite fast, I wouldn't expect that to be a major drawback either.

Anyways, I hope it ends up having some major drawback, because right now I don't really see any reason to not take it unless you know you're facing the 2 or 3 lists that are pure behemoth lists. And a lot of opponents, especially those lacking good casters to unbind the spell, are simply going to hate dealing with this cuz it's all but guaranteed to kill something valuable thanks to how reliable it is.

Meh, I am assuming he also has other abilities/attacks/etc. So for now I'd still say it should've been made thematic. Hell, give him some other bonus for when he didn't charge. Say when he charges he gets an attack bonus, when he doesn't he gets a defensive bonus but his attack is neutered.

A safety minimum of 5 for a roll where the average is 7 is kind of absurdly high and basicly removes the risk/reward associated with the rule. Which imho kind of defeats the purpose of a rule like this.

It's not stellar tempest; you roll a dice for each model in the slaangor unit, not for each model in the target unit.

Putzfrau likes this.
  14. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

he is a 260 point assassin that ignores ward saves. 3+save 4+ ward 6 wounds 6" move. he is surprisingly a mortal not a deamond prince as he lacks the deamond key word. he has strike first...that's it. no command ability
    the army gives him two hits when he rolls a 6 so not the worst thing ever but i have to say he sucks hard even with out your idea.
    you are actively hurting your army if you put him in as it is a hero slot with no benefit of him being a hero no buffs no movement shenanigans bad speed big base meh defences and attacks

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    Carnikang likes this.
  15. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Well, that's not what I expected.... especially with how heavily he's featured in the teasers & stories. What a weird unit. On the one hand his stats and rules are fairly decent in a vacuum, but when all of it is put together at a 260 point costs it's rather bad.

Also, I like the shardspeaker, a support character that becomes a halfway capable duelist if he casts a spell. That's neat.

Carnikang and Erta Wanderer like this.
  16. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

That is a lot of points for so few wounds and speed.
    Makes the Carnosaur looks good base.

Glutos on the other hand, is interesting. All those rules, turn rules, etc for him.

Erta Wanderer and Canas like this.
  17. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Ham sandwich

JscoobertDoobert likes this.
  18. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

what?

19. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

have they released the magic for slaneesh yet? If not, my guess is there will probably be a teleport spell that will turn Sigvald into a teleporting assasination piece.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  20. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

nothing has been released yet we are working from leaked pics from a Italian tomb. as for if a teleport would save Sigvald, no it would not he would still be painfully mediocre. it would make his game plan susceptible to dispelling and you would be better off just teleporting a good unit instead