1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS NEW *rumor*

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Logan8054, Jan 28, 2019.

1. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

Right, but I've never seen anybody to chose to go second other then the start of the game. So I'm wondering if they think they've added enough incentive that people might skip the opportunity for a double turn.

Erta Wanderer likes this.
  2. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

oh i definitely have. stutter stepping is a great way to throw your opponent off their game.

3. Dread Saurian
    Stegadon

Dread Saurian Well-Known Member

Imrahil likes this.
  4. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

Yeah, currently I think it's just the ORB Arch Kavalos and Mangler Squigs that have 80mm bases.

5. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

ArtoriusaurusRex Well-Known Member

Here's a couple mockups

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

He looks to be bigger than I was picturing lined up next to those comparison models. It looks like he should have a bigger base as well, maybe the 100mm

Imrahil likes this.
  7. Mich Pearson
    Skink

Mich Pearson New Member

The store page states he has an 80mm base.

Imrahil and Erta Wanderer like this.
  8. Mekeji
    Skink

Mekeji Member

God damn he's bigger than I was expecting. I didn't realize he'd be almost the same height as the Aelf center pieces. However it doesn't look like you over sized the base. That looks like it'd be in scale with the 80mm base. It's gonna be nearly impossible to put him in cover but it's so worth it for just the board presence of such a model.

Lizerd and Erta Wanderer like this.
  9. Tyranitar
    Terradon

Tyranitar Well-Known Member

To clarify, I meant his model looks too big to be on an 80mm, they probably should have given him a 100mm base size

Lizerd and Tobi131313 like this.
  10. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

I feel like I might need to glue a washer under his base to add some weight, it is rather undersized for him.

Lizerd likes this.
  11. Lambs and Lions
    Chameleon Skink

Lambs and Lions Well-Known Member

So it is confirmed that predatory endless spells move every hero phase. This seems to be a huge buff to us as our bound spells are so good. We can cast a spell, hit them during our turn and then hit them again before they can move/react/unbind. Spells like aethervoid pendulum can do some real damage before the enemy runs away. Emerald life swam has some serious healing power.

Maybe we will be seeing a lot more endless spells.

12. Erta Wanderer
    OldBlood

Erta Wanderer Well-Known Member

That is one of the theories the other is that our bound one can only move once but they can't move it in their turn

Tyranitar and Lizerd like this.
  13. Kilvakar
    Carnasaur

Kilvakar Well-Known Member

They said "endless spells are back!" when announcing this rule, so they clearly want them to be used more. Our bound spells will definitely be much better provided they don't nerf them so they don't work every phase, or make them like 30 points more expensive.

14. xoid
    Terradon

xoid Well-Known Member

The tease wasn't much information, but the way it was worded was that predatory endless spells move ever hero phase, and the bound versions are still called predatory, so it would seem that is the way they will work, but until we see the full rules we won't know if there are exceptions.

15. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

I mean...they're worth way more than 10 points, honestly.

16. Togetic
    Temple Guard

Togetic Well-Known Member

Cubicle7 released a preview of the upcoming Stars and Scales expansion for soulbound, talking about what’s going to be squeezed into its 50 pages.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-mysterious-seraphon/

Which is some specific looks at underutilized constellations like The Starherd’s Path and Chotec’s Feather, deep dives on Seraphon history and culture, as well as their thoughts about Soulbound as a nebulous institution. A lot of info designed to be used by GMs writing a campaign based around them, basically! Which also means it’s just going to be a big lore treasure trove in general.

While it doesn’t offer rules for playing Soulbound seraphon, it does give the Saurus Oldblood and Skink Priest as playable archetypes that, like Stormcast, are designed to tag along on adventures without having their souls patched into the group.

It says they’re designed to be played for one shots and then dissapear, but given there’s loads of unique Seraphon talents and spells coming with them, and some endeavors from Champions of Order mention them by name as examples of what you can do on them, it feels kind of like calling them that is just a workaround for whatever weirdness GW is limiting them with, as far as general playable Seraphon go. I doubt there’s any reason not to play them normally

You can also basically make the entire hero roster using those two archetypes anyway, since swapping a skink priests’s Mind stat for its Soul stat creates a Skink Priest/Chief pretty easily, for example.

17. ChapterAquila92
    Skar-Veteran

ChapterAquila92 Well-Known Member

Hmm... if I wasn't partial towards the game mechanics used in WFRP over that used in Wrath & Glory or Soulbound, I'd consider giving this a shot.

Pretty much my reason to resume working on a compendium of unofficial WFRP supplemental material in my free time, actually. With how the official supplements have been so far, it's looking like Cubicle7 is intent on padding out the Empire material before moving on to nearby locales, likely leaving such places as Ulthuan, Lustria and Nehekhara untouched for a long time (so far, they pretty much tackled Reikland, Middenland, and Nordland across multiple supplements, and briefly touched on Laurelorn, Karaz Azgaraz, and the Moot in Archives of the Empire).

18. ArtoriusaurusRex
    Temple Guard

I don't think this has been posted in this thread yet.

RDT_20210601_1503088873848118748243084~2.jpg

I actually like it a lot.

Her 740 point cost seemed high, but now that she can just summon a 200-point unit, she's more like 540 points really

And 540 is pretty decent value for that scroll

19. Mist Weaver
    Skink

Mist Weaver Member

The buff to her Lifebloom ability is definitely a good one and it is very true that she comes with a built in 200 point unit.

I have sneaking suspicion that the one cast per spell may be disappearing, as we have three warscrolls that use one spell as do the Hedonites of Slaanesh. It also seems recently that more wizards know all the spells in their spell lore. I think it might go back to being once per wizard that knows the spell.

Carnikang likes this.
  20. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

So far it's only been godly figures/named characters.
    So I doubt that will become widespread.